Thread: Problems with reinstalling hamachi . The older version keeps being detected.

Default Problems with reinstalling hamachi . The older version keeps being detected.

I wanted to reinstall hamachi these days but while running the installer it says it detected a previous version on my computer and it ask me if I want to proceed with an update.After aproval I receive this message ..Pressing OK and then gettin this warning box . So after this it says the older version cannot be removed. Ive try to search using regedit all the keys associated with LogMeIn and I removed them but no effect. It stil detects the older version.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Kranos; 04-17-2012 at 22:51.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Default Re: Help to completely remove hamachi

Did you do it via Control Panel?
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Yes IIRC

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Clean it manually, first do shift delete, then I went through the registry, that worked for me.

Hope to see you again aga .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    Did you do it via Control Panel?
    BTW its still in program list in control panel but I cant uninstall it..it gives me the same mesage above

The bloody problem is solved or at least I could instal the latest version of hamachi.After wandering on tens of forums for some help and trying all sorts of crappy uninstallers who uninstalled sh*t I decided to do again the robotic job of searching the infamous keys . This time I went to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/ SOFTWARE / CLASSES/ INSTALLER/ PRODUCTS and after checking each folder from the fk long list I saw another Hamachi dump key and remove this one too. The new hamachi.msi installer worked fine installing.

Still sb should post a tutorial on how to safely & completely uninstall/remove it. So after all these lucky goose chase I think I should be grateful to..myself and hope Ill still be in the mood to play the actual game. Didnt knew Im so desirable...

EDIT: on network center-I saw Vartan removed that video tutorial regarding adapter priority list.Does hamachi still has to be on top?
    And regarding the last edu.I dont want to mess things right now so its enough to copy the Eb folder ( with the subfolders and text files) into my RTW main folder and eventually replace the existing ones?
    Last edited by Kranos; 04-22-2012 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    EDIT: on network center-I saw Vartan removed that video tutorial regarding adapter priority list.Does hamachi still has to be on top?
    And regarding the last edu.I dont want to mess things right now so its enough to copy the Eb folder ( with the subfolders and text files) into my RTW main folder and eventually replace the existing ones?
    Do not touch default adapter priorities.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    The bloody problem is solved or at least I could instal the latest version of hamachi.After wandering on tens of forums for some help and trying all sorts of crappy uninstallers who uninstalled sh*t I decided to do again the robotic job of searching the infamous keys . This time I went to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/ SOFTWARE / CLASSES/ INSTALLER/ PRODUCTS and after checking each folder from the fk long list I saw another Hamachi dump key and remove this one too. The new hamachi.msi installer worked fine installing.

Still sb should post a tutorial on how to safely & completely uninstall/remove it. So after all these lucky goose chase I think I should be grateful to..myself and hope Ill still be in the mood to play the actual game. Didnt knew Im so desirable...

Aga set Hamachi last on prio list, it worked for me...

Ever since Hamachi v2.x came out, we have not had to mess with priority settings. I removed the video precisely because I do not want people touching the priority list. By default Hamachi is now placed at the end, that is, after your internet-accessing adapter (be it ethernet or wifi). Placing it on top may prove to be disastrous.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)