Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Game: Vanilla Game 6 [Concluded]

Default Re: Mini Game: Vanilla Game 6

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Oh, whoops.

I just made a slip.

I didn't need to show my hand there, when I know that atheotes is the Communist.

:unvote; Vote: atheotes
    I don't know if Daveshack is 'cool' per se. He is apparently an Ex-Lover. I'd be interested to hear how you 'know' atheotes is the communist.
    vote for 24 hour day times is fine.

Vote: No Lynch

Didn't we all learn something about blindly lynching Communists from Capo, hmm?

In seriousness, the Communist role is apparently somebody who can revive dead people using that 'aura' we saw earlier (yes, I know I'm stating the obvious. Bear with me). It seems somewhat fortuitous that he targeted a person who was nightkilled on N1, which makes me think that his role is a general, very possibly one-shot, ability to revive whoever was killed that night. Whatever the mechanics, I don't see why we want to lynch somebody who has resurrected an almost-confirmed townie. Or have I overlooked something?

unvote; vote atheotes. I’m willing to give Monty the benefit of the doubt, but I too would like to know how you know atheotes is a commie – and for that matter how you know that DaveShack is cool.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

In seriousness, the Communist role is apparently somebody who can revive dead people using that 'aura' we saw earlier (yes, I know I'm stating the obvious. Bear with me). It seems somewhat fortuitous that he targeted a person who was nightkilled on N1,

I know exactly what he is. Notice that he is the only other person who voted (properly) for No Lynch.

and for that matter how you know that DaveShack is cool.
    Please, take a look at who Nightbringer and Daveshack voted for yesterday. Take a loot at the content of my posts yesterday.

I don't know if Daveshack is 'cool' per se. He is apparently an Ex-Lover. I'd be interested to hear how you 'know' atheotes is the communist.
    vote for 24 hour day times is fine.

Vote: No Lynch
    Another No Lynch, and his power will only grow.

If he is not lynched today, he may kill me tonight.

Unless he is town, he is simply too dangerous to be left alive.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now all of Monty's lyrics make sense...

I assume that a 'lover' is a townie? Otherwise we should pat ourselves on the back for revealing mafia day one

Nightbringer I think from the write up may have been forced to commit suicide. Of course his role may require him to kill himself for some benefit to his team?

It seems like the aura was ready to revive anyone who died that night, although it might be limited to one person. Although the write up seems to imply the Communist role is related to the aura I don't remember Marx promising anyone the powers of necromancy so hmmmm. Possibly the Communist is the third party and his power is necromancy? In which case I don't trust Daveshack, the write up makes him sound like a mindless drone to the third party.

vote: Daveshack

24 hour days are good with me.

Two things give me pause about the DaveShack revival:

1. That it happened on N1 – meaning the reviver needed to be extraordinarily lucky with his pick. Unless it is a “whoever died” mechanic like Ishmael mentioned but that seems off when normally in a mafia game you have to be specific on what your actions are. What if there had been two kills – who would have been revived?
    2. DaveShack is no longer is former self. That could mean he is just plain vanilla innocent now, but it doesn’t rule out something more sinister happening. But we do know that something changed with him. Perhaps DaveShack could enlighten us some?
    2B1ASK1

Just know that atheotes will only grow stronger with time.
    Vitiate Man.

I know exactly what he is. Notice that he is the only other person who voted (properly) for No Lynch.

Please, take a look at who Nightbringer and Daveshack voted for yesterday. Take a loot at the content of my posts yesterday.

Another No Lynch, and his power will only grow.

If he is not lynched today, he may kill me tonight.

Unless he is town, he is simply too dangerous to be left alive.
    But I have no idea why you remaining alive would be preferable at this stage. So we should just blindly follow your instruction? If atheotes is The Communist as you claim then I'd be surprised if he could recruit/ressurect AND kill you. Do you mean a 'No Lynch' will just give him more fodder towards a recruitment VC?

If my 'No Lynch' vote had been emboldened on Day 1 would that have made me a commie? Are you hunting communists? Coz it seems like something the mafia would love us to do. Can't wait to see how atheotes responds anyway.

If my 'No Lynch' vote had been emboldened on Day 1 would that have made me a commie? Are you hunting communists? Coz it seems like something the mafia would love us to do. Can't wait to see how atheotes responds anyway.
    I have already revealed what I am, in that very post.

If your vote had been bolded, I would consider you one of two suspects.

I know nothing of recruitment, however. When I say he may kill me, I mean "may be able to". I do not know the full extent of his capabilities at this stage.
    Vitiate Man.

I have already revealed what I am, in that very post.

If your vote had been bolded, I would consider you one of two suspects.

I know nothing of recruitment, however. When I say he may kill me, I mean "may be able to". I do not know the full extent of his capabilities at this stage.

So i want to kill you but didnt want you lynched? \
    So what do you know about my capabilities? Please enlighten me.

24 hour days are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    unvote; vote atheotes. I’m willing to give Monty the benefit of the doubt, but I too would like to know how you know atheotes is a commie – and for that matter how you know that DaveShack is cool.
    You dont know anything and yet you follow with a vote?
    Vote: BSmith

Nice OMGUS there… It’s called a pressure vote to get you to react to Monty’s claims. So far you haven’t done much to change my mind, but I am willing to. Just give me a reason.
    2B1ASK1

I am still my pro-town self, with my original ability and a slightly more specific personal goal.

No time to properly read back through D1, suffice it to say I was thoroughly confused for a bit. Actually, while writing this I got an idea, which I have not gone back and checked 100%. The lovers role got added after the game started, which I thought was strange. In fact it might have appeared immediately after day ended, which would imply Monty's power was "if lynched, survive and make the first two who voted for you lovers". That probably implies that I was targeted by both the mafia and someone else, who may or may not have been the communist. Great, targeted by 3 powers in one day/night cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveShack View Post
    I am still my pro-town self, with my original ability and a slightly more specific personal goal.

No time to properly read back through D1, suffice it to say I was thoroughly confused for a bit. Actually, while writing this I got an idea, which I have not gone back and checked 100%. The lovers role got added after the game started, which I thought was strange. In fact it might have appeared immediately after day ended, which would imply Monty's power was "if lynched, survive and make the first two who voted for you lovers". That probably implies that I was targeted by both the mafia and someone else, who may or may not have been the communist. Great, targeted by 3 powers in one day/night cycle.
    The theory that Monty (God of Love) put you and Nightbringer together seems eminently reasonable. I doubt his ability had anything to with any lynching, I imagine that the host decided that there would be no day one lynch. It doesn't clear you of anything however: Monty making you and NB lovers doesn't mean you were both necessarily town. The only person this really clears is Monty IMO, and given that I know I am not the Communist, and that it makes sense that an intelligent player with Communist role would vote probably No Lynch: I am happy to vote: atheotes

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Vote: atheotes

His case does make sense, when looking at the voting in D1, but what exactly is Dave now? Both converted by Monty and then by the commie?

24h is fine by me...

since you all seem convinced that i am scum, let me know what the case against me is - something other than Monty saying "I know atheotes is communist" - so that i can respond.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    since you all seem convinced that i am scum, let me know what the case against me is - something other than Monty saying "I know atheotes is communist" - so that i can respond.
    I suppose that you are The Communist - as you show no inclination to deny it - then you aren't scum - by definition. Though by definition you cannot be town either.
    If you aren't a third party role with a Victory condition that is mutually exclusive to that of Town - then what are you? Make it good - cause if Monty is right then there is every reason to lynch you now.

What was your action last night?

I'd be more than willing to consider taking my vote off you if you persuade me I should.

Atheotes, the reason I think you should be lynched is the possibility of your immortality.

I threatened you in my first post of the day. Does this allow you the opportunity to kill me?

How much experience do you currently have?

Convince me of your weakness or benignity and I will back down.
    Vitiate Man.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I think any details of my role would fall into the category of private info, so I unfortunately can't help out on why I died. Good luck everyone!
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

You may not post your role PM or quote anything by me, however you may paraphrase
    It's the role you submitted that you may not describe.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    I suppose that you are The Communist - as you show no inclination to deny it - then you aren't scum - by definition. Though by definition you cannot be town either.
    If you aren't a third party role with a Victory condition that is mutually exclusive to that of Town - then what are you? Make it good - cause if Monty is right then there is every reason to lynch you now.

What was your action last night?

I'd be more than willing to consider taking my vote off you if you persuade me I should.
    since you dint get it already - i am not the communist. I am a townie.right now i dont see any case against me other than Monty calling me a communist.

Atheotes, the reason I think you should be lynched is the possibility of your immortality.

I threatened you in my first post of the day. Does this allow you the opportunity to kill me?

How much experience do you currently have?

Convince me of your weakness or benignity and I will back down.
    Whoever is feeding you this information is making a fool out of you! if it is your own deduction you better start off from scratch!

That's how you spin it, eh?

You must be lynched.
    Vitiate Man.

All this "convince me of your innocence" is hogwash. Nobody, possibly other than the 2 who died last night, can convince anyone else of their innocence.
    All i can say is i am a townie and i did not do anything last night.

I still dont get the stupid theory that voting "No Lynch" makes me powerful. i voted no lynch because there were no viable candidates, it being D1, and thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to use their powers in this game setup.

What powers, then, would you claim? The correspondence with what I know is simply too near to be mere coincidence.
    Vitiate Man.

I am not going to reveal my role except that i am a townie. I dont like to play that way and if you guys want to lynch me for that- i dont care.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

"You can contribute after death, can't use private offthread info though, can't PM people, etc."

I take that as meaning I can't reveal things about my role after death
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I take that as meaning I can't reveal things about my role after death
    Oh, right.

I am not going to reveal my role except that i am a townie. I dont like to play that way and if you guys want to lynch me for that- i dont care.
    How predictable. But the risk is too high.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Atheotes, I wasn't going to vote for you based on the 'evidence' provided, but your response to the accusations against you have tipped me over the mark. The "I want to let people use their powers at night argument" seems odd from a townie, and saying "fine, lynch me, see if I care" is just blatant - the majority of the times I have seen people say that they have been scum.

vote: atheotes

I'm not sure if Atheotes really is guilty. Sure his defense is kind of scummy, but he isn't really defending himself against much other than blind faith. I too thought it would be cruel to kill people so early in this game before they got a chance to some of those exciting powers, I just chose to vote against that.

On last nights events: I'm thinking that Nightbringer and Daveshack were tied together as lovers, after Daveshack died Nightbringer was so bereft he had to commit suicide. Daveshack now has no attachment to Nightbringer. Monty knew something about this, and that strengthens his argument for knowing about Atheotes role too, however that doesn't necessarily mean we should trust him. I don't like the way he is being so vague about the prior evidence for his role, directing people to find it themselves. It would be much easier to point it out for us. Also notice how he posted all those love songs yesterday, its as if he was setting it up so that there would be evidence that he knew about Daveshack / Nightbringer.

unvote; vote: Montmorency until he explains properly and plainly where he is getting his information from, and why we should trust him.

I assume we are allowed to reveal what our own roles are while we are alive right?

It would be much easier to point it out for us.
    You mean like in that very post, wherein was quoted the very post that held the answer?

Also notice how he posted all those love songs yesterday, its as if he was setting it up so that there would be evidence that he knew about Daveshack / Nightbringer.
    Almost as if I had realized that I would need to cover for the fact that I didn't know about them?

I am, as Crow deduced, the God of Love. Not clear? As for atheotes, I am restrained to say. I can only be oblique.

I too thought it would be cruel to kill people so early in this game before they got a chance to some of those exciting powers,
    If that were the whole point, I should rightly be lynched as having already used my ability to its extent. In fact, however, Town's goal is to prevent hostiles from effecting their bone-melting potential.

What are your Fabulous Magic Powers, then?
    Vitiate Man.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast