Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mini Game: Vanilla Game 6 [Concluded]

Default Re: Mini Game: Vanilla Game 6 [IN PLAY]

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I don't see why you're bothering to back-pedal after you all but admitted to being the Communist in your previous post - it seems pretty evident the town is happy to win with you (if that's possible, of course).
    Nonsense scum. I admitted to nothing of the sort. I am POWER-Town. And you are dead.

Somehow I knew this was going to happen to me.

I still stand by Arjos for the lynch, though I'd be interested in knowing why Lazy doesn't think Robbie is scum.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I'd like to answer that but with a scum still alive it wouldn't be prudent to spell it out. There IS a possibility that I am mistaken due to other unknown powers being used last night. But I am reasonably certain.

I figured I probably wouldn't get the answer until the game was over.
    2B1ASK1

Vote: Arjos

Round Over. Tallying and calculating.

Arjos has been chosen to be lynched. He was sliced and diced...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    But he didn't die!

Begin Night Five. Orders in Please.

Alive: 4/10
    5. LazyMcCrow
    8. Arjos
    9. Robbiecon
    10. DaveShack

Dead 6/10:
    3. Nightbringer (Lover), committed suicide N1.
    1. Montmorency (Town), lynched D2.
    2. atheotes (Town), suicided D2.
    4. SalmonSoil (Town), killed N3.
    6. Ishmael (Mafia), lynched D4.
    7. BSmith (Town), killed N4.

Time:
    Last edited by Visor; 05-03-2012 at 03:28.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

That hurt! XD

If we don't get the mafia soon, I'll die for real though :S

Lazy walked slowly up the hill to the cemetery where his friends were buried. Montmorency, Atheotes, SalmonSoil, BSmith. Four graves were placed in the dirt, freshly tilled. Lazy knelt down at the newest addition, BSmith’s grave. He exhaled slowly as the rain began to pour down, he wished he had bought a jumper, or an umbrella. “I will finish what we started. I will end this menace. Tonight Arjos will face his demons and he will not survive.”

Lazy heard a click behind him. His head dropped, and he spoke, “So it is time then.”
    He heard laughter emanating and he turned to face it. Arjos was standing 10 metres away from him, shotgun in hand. “Game over Crow. Start digging.” He pointed the gun at the shovel and motioned for Lazy to pick it up. Lazy shook his head, “Not happening. I’m not going anywhere.” Arjos laughed softly and fired, the blast lighting up the ground around Lazy. “I won’t say it again, dig!” he said, louder this time.

Lazy stood his ground, and Arjos fired again, this time into Lazy’s stomach. Lazy screamed as the bullets ripped his flesh. He fell to his knees, blood seeping everywhere. Arjos walked up to his face. “Goodnight, sweet dreams!” and fired the shotgun, but the shotgun clicked. The smile turned into a frown as he pressed it again with no result. Lazy began to laugh. “What do you have to laugh about?”

“This.”

Lazy’s eyes turned white and he began to shake as Arjos stepped back. He felt the gun moving in his hands, slowly turning around to face him. Arjos tried to fight it, but it was impossible. He tried to throw it away, but he couldn’t. The gun turned around until he was holding the shotgun up to his face. It fired. Pieces of Arjos were scattered everywhere. Lazy fell to the ground, dead.

The next morning, DaveShack and Robbiecon gathered in the center of the town. No-one else was around.

“Looks like it’s just you and me.” Robbiecon said, smiling.

“DaveShack looked nervously at Robbiecon, “I don’t want any trouble, I just want to get out of here.”

“Why don’t you join me?

“Join you?”

“I am the one responsible for the resurrections. I am the Communist. Come with me and we can liberate others.”

“I… I think I just want to get out of here. Where are you headed?”

“Who knows?” He smiled. “Wherever the road takes me.”

DaveShack thought for a while. He looked around at the abandoned town. Then he nodded.

Alive: 2/10
    9. Robbiecon
    10. DaveShack

Dead 8/10:
    3. Nightbringer (Lover), committed suicide N1.
    1. Montmorency (Town), lynched D2.
    2. atheotes (Town), suicided D2.
    4. SalmonSoil (Town), killed N3.
    6. Ishmael (Mafia), lynched D4.
    7. BSmith (Town), killed N4.
    5. LazyMcCrow (Town), killed N5.
    8. Arjos (Mafia), killed by karmic retribution N5.

COMMUNIST VICTORY
    (Robbiecon)
    NEUTRAL VICTORY
    (DaveShack)

Congratulations Robbiecon and DaveShack.

Role PM's and victory to be announced shortly.
    Last edited by Visor; 05-04-2012 at 03:37.

Ahahahahah GG ^^
    There were so many powers XD

Really enjoyed the game, thanks for hosting Visor!

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/5Yms3Q8dF4e

Mafia QT. They did a good job with a hard situation.

I didn't save my PM's, so it would be good if you could post them.

Anyway, commentary would be good.

Monty was Cupid (Lazy's Role), and could choose two people to be lovers. (He chose Dave and Nightbringer)
    Dave had a one shot ability to force someone to vote for a person of his choosing (A minor twist on Robbie's role). He used it to make Robbie vote Arjos.
    When Dave was resurrected, he came back as a neutral survivor, with a personal goal that was something along the lines of use the vote to lynch the guy who killed you. Well, he used it to lynch a faction member, and that's good enough, IMO.
    Ishmael was a Bus Driver (BSmith's role), he switched Nightbringer with Arjos when the Aura appeared the second time to give Arjos an extra life.
    Monty sent me an extremely detailed role, in which that I decided to choose the resurrection on a lynch part, and made that his role. That was Robbies.
    Robbie actually mentioned that his vote counted twice for no lynch and that he voted no lynch on the third day should have been indication enough that he was the Communist. I should've given him one shot bulletproof as opposed to full bulletproof.
    Nightbringer was a one shot vig (DaveShack's role) that assumed the role of the target he killed. I was interested to see where this lead, but unfortunately never got the chance.
    Arjos had The Nightbringer (Nightbringer's role) that allowed him to make one action unroleblockable, bypass protects/busdrives, etc. Unfortunately, it can't penetrate resurections, and it wouldn't kill Robbie. (That was bad balancing on my part).
    LazyMcCrow had Deva (Atheotes's role) which allowed him to choose a player, and any night actions they take were duplicated against themselves. That's why Arjos died.
    Atheotes was a Time Bandit (SalmonSoil's role, well similar) in that he could write a list of actions to undertake every night and then when he posted DayKill: Self, he died, and roleblocked the people he had selected. Which may have brought someone to life.
    When Atheotes used that power, it didn't invalidate the votes on him. BSmith's power put Monty up to a tie, and then Monty lost the coin flip.
    BSmith had the ability of a double voter (Ishmael's role) but he had to unvote and revote at least twice and not onto the same person on even days, and at least once on odd days. He made the Ishamel lynch pretty much.
    SalmonSoil was a tiebreaker (Arjos's role), he could choose which person to lynch, or let me decide. No lynch kept him safe, townie killed him instead, mafia third party killed them. He could also choose to let me decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Ahahahahah GG ^^
    There were so many powers XD

Really enjoyed the game, thanks for hosting Visor!
    D5 had one townie, one neutral, one mafia and one third party.

I enjoyed hosting it, and espeically enjoyed seeing people discuss the game.

BTW typical that the sick maniac who invented robbie's role was Monty :P

*Shakes fist in the air* Damn you! :D

I used my power to choose no lynches wherever I could, mostly because I was never convinced of the victims guilt and I thought it would buy us more time. Not certain this was the best strategy.

Boy.

Here's the thing about Mini-games:
    • I always fail hard

• Arjos is probably scum
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

gg all. I used my powers of karma against Arjos the night noone died! - that threw me off his scent. SOrry BSmith - If I'd used my karmic powers against Arjos again instead of Robbiecon, you'd still be alive, Arjos would have been killed and we'd be celebrating a town victory...maybe :)
    gg all - I enjoyed this one.

Well played all, it was a very enjoyable game! The powers kept things nice and interesting.

EDIT: By the way, the night nobody died was when we targeted robbiecon. It wasn't a fiendish plan on our part.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 05-04-2012 at 09:29.

Desynchronized Member robbiecon's Avatar

Yeah, I guessed that the night no-one died was because I had been targeted. I kept a bit too much out of the limelight here, partially because of exams, partially because I was kind of afraid of being lynched. I could have posted on the last day, but I wasn't sure why my vote had gone on Arjos automatically. I hadn't forgotten what my suggested role had been, of the Briber, but I was sure that it had been used on DaveShack or BSmith by LazyMcCrow, when both of their votes followed Lazy's twice in a row on Day 4.

Pretty neat idea for a game, having the roles submitted by the players and randomizing them. Would definitely be up for something similar again in future.

This was a great game. I loved the aspect of the player generated roles. As you can now see, I had to vote for a lot of people for my ability to work. Something quite unnatural for me.
    2B1ASK1

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Hey, you left out some of my role's abilities!

For posterity, here is what I sent for the role. If others want to post theirs as well I would enjoy seeing more detailed descriptions. In any case, this was a great idea for a game, and I wish I could have been around for more of it.

The Nightbringer
    The Nightbringer brings a shroud of the truest blackest night around those he aids, ensuring that no others interfere with their nighttime activities.
    At night, this role chooses one player.
    Any night action that player takes automatically succeeds.
    This means that busing, role-blocking, etc... does NOT function on the player chosen. It also means that they are able to penetrate protections etc... on any player they target.

Additionally, because the Nightbringer is so good at making it nighttime, he may choose to end a single day early. This action must be pmed to the GM at the time he chooses to do so. Any votes cast after that pm is sent are nullified, and whoever the leading candidate was at the time of the pm is lynched.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678