Thread: Possible bug, port attack.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Possible bug, port attack.

I`m playing Warlord Edition and I notice that AI does not uses ports for attack, but I can attack them in their distant ports. Is there something wrong with my version or they are not programed for that. How to fix this?
    I have played only Sengoku Jidai campaign.

Default Re: Possible bug, port attack.

Hi and welcome to the forums. Its normal. The AI in warlord edition does use the port raid option - but very very rarely. I've seen it twice happening and i've had my fair share of campaigns. To be honest with you, i dont use port raids, as i consider it an exploit.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    To be honest with you, i dont use port raids, as i consider it an exploit.
    +1

The AI does rarely use port raiding, but not often. When it does it can come as a huge surprise and lose you the campaign if your "backwater" provinces are not well defended.

I would not consider it an exploit if used to counter the Hojo hoard issue, but then I'm one of those people who consider the Hojo hoard a fun spoiler rather than a challenge.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

I, on the other hand, love the Hojo horde. Especially in the original game where its bigger.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I'd be more tolerant of the purple monstrosity if the game allowed you to save in the middle of a battle, but its hard for me to get enough time at a strech for huge battles, except maybe if I limit myself to one game turn per session, which I don't like to do. Even if I had plenty of time, I don't really want an epic battle every turn any more than I want a huge banquet every time I eat. But I would like to know what you like about it. The drama of fighting battles when you are heavily outnumbered by wave after wave?
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle