Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolf@Arab spring

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Rolf@Arab spring

As if all torture and the ethnic cleansing of blacks in Libya wasn't enough Egypt accepts a really cool law that must be a godsend to people who just want their wive to really shut up. It's ok to have sex with your wive as long as she hasn't been dead for more than 6 hours. Even after 1 it's probably pretty cold to me but we don't have the temperatures Egypt has, 2 hours should be possible there in theory. But six? Oh crap you just got respect that if you can

lololol

Default Re: Rolf@Arab spring

Oh I did it wrong, it's just proposed I tried too hard, but who knows what comes out of it.

lololol

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Link?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Link?
    Yes it's me don't worry didn't I save you countles times already

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Make it stop. Please.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post

Make it stop. Please.
    It stopped it but t just isn't over. Technicaly

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Yes it's me don't worry didn't I save you countles times already
    I'm hoping that is a Zelda reference.

Anyway Frag, you have to provide a link for this sort of stuff, or else I will be locking the thread.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Oh lock i then, it's still hilarisch though

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Found summit on reuters interwebby site

Egypt to Allow Men to Have Sex with Dead Wives?

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. at FindLaw.com

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03am EDT

Necrophilia may soon be legal in Egypt. No really, it's true.

The country's Islamist-dominated government has introduced a law that would allow a man to have sex with his wife for up to six hours after her death, the Daily Mail reports. Yes, after her death.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some are calling it the "farewell intercourse law," but this blogger is just going to call it what it is -- gross. And thankfully, illegal if you happen to live in the U.S.

Egypt's dead sex law can apparently be traced to a 2011 statement made by cleric Zamzami Abdul Bari. He believes that marriage is valid even after death, and according to the Daily Mail, that both men and women should be able to have intercourse with a dead spouse.

Egypt's National Council for Women is against the farewell intercourse law, reports Al-Arabiya. They see it as another attack on women's rights. But it could also be characterized as an attack on human dignity.

Nearly all religions -- including Islam -- demand respect for the dead, Professor Carl Raschke recently told the Huffington Post. As a result, followers are expected to treat corpses in specific, often ritualistic ways.

This is likely one reason why necrophilia is prohibited in much of the United States. And in states where it is not, laws that aim to protect corpses generally prohibit such conduct. It's often illegal to disinter, desecrate or deface a corpse or grave without permission.

So please, don't go having sex with your wife -- or anyone else -- after she dies. Egypt's farewell intercourse law won't save you from prosecution.

Related Resources:

◦Egypt to Pass Law Allowing Husbands Sex Wih Dead Wives For 6 Hours After Death (The Inquisitr)
    ◦Thai Man Weds Dead Girlfriend (FindLaw's Legal Grounds)
    ◦Elderly Woman Disinterred Relatives - for Company (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 04-27-2012 at 16:40.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Don't lock it. I have some remarks to make that I really feel are important here but I need to leave, will be back tonight.
    This space intentionally left blank.

As if I would ever lie to you

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    I'm hoping that is a Zelda reference.

Anyway Frag, you have to provide a link for this sort of stuff, or else I will be locking the thread.
    http://bit.ly/IWVKHo

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

From what I can see, after fact checking it as true as everything Westboro church is saying=US law suggestions.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    What? You mean the Daily Mail is wrong? Inconceivable!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    What? You mean the Daily Mail is wrong? Inconceivable!
    May be more interesting than that:

http://volokh.com/2012/04/27/questio...osed-in-egypt/

AllahPundit (Hot Air), Andrew Sullivan, and Dan Murphy (Christian Science Monitor) question whether a bill allowing people to have sex with their dead spouses (for up to six hours after the death) was indeed proposed in the Egyptian Parliament. The story apparently began in the Al Ahram newspaper, and was then taken up by the Al Arabiya newspaper; AllahPundit suggests they are not to be trusted:

Al-Ahram is controlled by the Egyptian government, which I assume means it’s heavily influenced by the ruling military junta. And the junta, of course, is invested in discrediting the Islamists in order to defend its prerogatives against parliament’s growing power. (It’s worth noting too that Al-Arabiya, which picked up the story from Al-Ahram, is a Saudi outfit and the Saudis are mighty anxious about the idea of Islamist populists seizing power from sclerotic tyrannical regimes.)
    AllahPundit counsels skepticism, but is not sure:

[N]one of this is to say the story isn’t true — the part about the marriage age being lowered is all too plausible — but it’s not hard to see why Mubarak allies might want to make something up or inflate something one of the fringier parliamentarians said in order to galvanize international opinion against the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafists. It is, however, hard to see why the MB would allow parliament to entertain a law like this at a moment when they’re busy gladhanding westerners to reassure them that the Brotherhood are “modern” Islamists who are worthy of foreign aid and trade deals. If this really is being kicked around by MPs, I’d bet it’s the Salafists who are pushing it. But we’ll see.
    Sullivan and the Monitor seem to go further. I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong, but thought I’d note the possibility that Al Ahram and Al Arabiya may not be accurate on this.

Member thankful for this post:

We actually talked about this in class this very day.

Al-Ahram is definitely wrong here. The article linked earlier was actually quite correct: a few years ago there was an apparently self-styled (important!) imam from Morocco by the name of Abd al-Bari Zamzami, from a relatively influential family of religious scholars in Morocco (not Egypt) who ruled that there is nothing in the shari‘a that forbids (note the wording) a man having sex with a woman a few hours before his death. He viewed this as a way for the man (I'm totally serious here) to eh..say farewell to his wife one more time.

Cue an intrepid reporter asking questions such as: "Can a woman have sex with her dead husband?" and (seriously): "If a man has four wives and if one of which dies and he immediately remarries, can he still legally have sex with her corpse?". Apparently, Zamzami didn't really know how to reply to this and was actually in something of a hilarious interview from what I heard.

Besides, crazy fatwas are declared all the time, especially since after Mubarak's fall, and they don't have to mean anything. On Facebook there are links going around of "the craziest fatwas of 2011", check this link for example.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

The nuance is never is good as the outrage :(
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    The nuance is never is good as the outrage :(
    The parlement actually discussing necrophilae more then makes up, or is it down, for ehm...... it, though. I don't think nuance is always good. Once heard eyeballs cool down faster, they are like binballs

Please learn how to write in a forigen language

If you wanted to use Dutch you should have never of left New York

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

P never of left New York
    OK heh

Please learn how to write in a forigen language

If you wanted to use Dutch you should have never of left New York
    Dude, you did not even spell foreign correctly! You are bitching at him to use better English, when it is not his primary language, even though your English is worse, and English is your primary language! Everyone makes simple grammatical mistakes or doesn't care enough to make their sentences perfect (like that beautiful run-on of mine just earlier), but they at least try to make them understandable. I spend more time trying to decipher your massacre of the English language than I actually do responding to you. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't criticize other people's English.
    Last edited by Vuk; 04-28-2012 at 18:43.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Dude, you did not even spell foreign correctly! You are bitching at him to use better English, when it is not his primary language, even though your English is worse, and English is your primary language! Everyone makes simple grammatical mistakes or doesn't care enough to make their sentences perfect (like that beautiful run-on of mine just earlier), but they at least try to make them understandable. I spend more time trying to decipher your massacre of the English language than I actually do responding to you. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't criticize other people's English.
    Don't get between me and the tulip

-snip-
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-29-2012 at 05:32.

Member thankful for this post:

Agreed, and as long as Strike is breathing I don't find it all that perverse.

Ik hou van je.

-snip-
    -snip-
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-29-2012 at 05:33.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Ik hou van je.
    I didn't know he was your cousin...

-snip-

-snip-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast