Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mentally Retarded Girl Gang Raped In South Africa. n Other News Sky Is Blue

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Mentally Retarded Girl Gang Raped In South Africa. n Other News Sky Is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Perhaps "genocide" is too strong of a word. How about "systematic targeted killings"?
    Isn't that really the same thing? We are talking about thousands, not a few

Sorry for saying you are a liar by the way GC that looked a lot more hostile than it was intended.

Default Re: Mentally Retarded Girl Gang Raped In South Africa. n Other News Sky Is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Isn't that really the same thing? We are talking about thousands, not a few
    I'm hesitant to call it genocide merely because it only targets white landowners, i.e. there's a distinct class aspect to the whole tragedy. Genocide tends to be indiscriminate.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

I'm hesitant to call it genocide merely because it only targets white landowners, i.e. there's a distinct class aspect to the whole tragedy. Genocide tends to be indiscriminate.
    Bit of a language mixup here, 'Boer' is Dutch for 'farmer', but in SA it just means white. When they call for killing the Boers it just means killing the whites

Bit of a language mixup here, 'Boer' is Dutch for 'farmer', but in SA it just means white. When they call for killing the Boers it just means killing the whites
    Then it's genocide.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Boer specifically refers to whites of Dutch extraction (Afrikaners)
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Boer specifically refers to whites of Dutch extraction (Afrikaners)
    For the Brittish perhaps, but there, no

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Then it's genocide.
    No your right about the class thing RVG they are farmers and naturally they live in rural and generally isolated areas. Essentially there seen has having all the land and money and these people want it.

Certainly these murders have a racial element to them how else would these fellows frame it but as getting the land back.

These things as always are driven by the hunger for land an money, no doubt a local bigwig buys the farm at acution(reduced price I bet too) an either sells it on or divides it up between the gang.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 04-23-2012 at 17:06.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Then it's genocide.
    gracias

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

For the Brittish perhaps, but there, no
    Um, no "Boer" does refer to the landowners and not urban whites of British extraction. For one thing, Boers often speak less English than Blacks, something Mandela discusses in his biography. Of course, after independance the state was run by the Boers, not the Brits.

Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't genocide, because Boers are a distinct ethnic group.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

No your lot are just starving because none of the aid goes to them

http://www.odinistpressservice.com/2...-are-starving/

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    No your right about the class thing RVG they are farmers and naturally they live in rural and generally isolated areas. Essentially there seen has having all the land and money and these people want it.

Certainly these murders have a racial element to them how else would these fellows frame it but as getting the land back.

These things as always are driven by the hunger for land an money, no doubt a local bigwig buys the farm at acution(reduced price I bet too) an either sells it on or divides it up between the gang.
    lol at that the rich white have their own private militias or live in heavily armed gated communities where everything crawling over gets shot on sight.

lol at that the rich white have their own private militias or live in heavily armed gated communities where everything crawling over gets shot on sight.
    You think a farmer who farms on 4 or 5 times the size of his neighbour would not be seen as rich to the small fella, some of those people livin in shacks prob have less than a few dozen acres.

You think a farmer who farms on 4 or 5 times the size of his neighbour would not be seen as rich to the small fella, some of those people livin in shacks prob have less than a few dozen acres.
    The guy who has that can defend himself, he is not the one who gets killed as he can just as easily hire a few thugs of his own. And they do. It are the less fortunate who get attacked, just farmers not rich landowners.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    That rape rate cited is pretty consistent throughout most of Africa. It's not a south African thing, it's an African thing.
    Do you have any evidence for that claim? I've spent my working life researching sub-Saharan Africa and this is the first time I've heard of it. First google search hit ("rape incidence by region") produces:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita

which does not support your claim at all.

And Haitian thing. And Brazilian thing. Oh wait.
    What are you trying to say here? Nudge-nudge wink-wink comments that about race seem to becoming fashionable in the backroom of late (see also the Zimmerman thread). Is that what you are indulging in or have I missed the point?
    Last edited by econ21; 04-27-2012 at 16:56.

Isnt there a problem that countries in the West are more likely to have reliable stats on this anyway as opposed to say in Equitorial Africa.

Also how likely is someone to report rape in say Saudi or for that matter how much of a chance is it capable happening if women dont go outside??

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Isnt there a problem that countries in the West are more likely to have reliable stats on this anyway as opposed to say in Equitorial Africa.

Also how likely is someone to report rape in say Saudi or for that matter how much of a chance is it capable happening if women dont go outside??
    All quite true. It is also true that rape-rates have declined precipitously in most Western countries and are at an all time low, claims such as, "one in four" or even "one in three women are survivors" does not actually refer to penetrative rape, but to general sexual assault, and even then they sidestep the fact that there are villages if not regions where every woman and girl has been penetratively raped multiple times.

Plus the old myth of tablets in the drink is a favoured one of obviously completely steamed up women. Apparently there has never been an actual case of date rape druging in Ireland according to the Gardai.

Funnily enough there were posters and leaflets were all over college when I was there, and stories of it happening to friend of a friends mate.(urban legends for sure)

Plus the old myth of tablets in the drink is a favoured one of obviously completely steamed up women. Apparently there has never been an actual case of date rape druging in Ireland according to the Gardai.

Funnily enough there were posters and leaflets were all over college when I was there, and stories of it happening to friend of a friends mate.(urban legends for sure)
    Having said that, tipsy women abandoned on their own can be vulnerable to being plied with drink and possibly other substances, where there is a clear intent on the part of the man. If she is drug enough when her girlfriends abandon here you could call that rape, as she really isn't in her right mind and really no more compus mentus than if she were unconcious.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Having said that, tipsy women abandoned on their own can be vulnerable to being plied with drink and possibly other substances, where there is a clear intent on the part of the man. If she is drug enough when her girlfriends abandon here you could call that rape, as she really isn't in her right mind and really no more compus mentus than if she were unconcious.
    Yes but if you ask me in the majority of the cases the likelyhood is both parties were flat out drunk anyway already. They then proceeded to have away with it in an alley or nightclub toilet, waking the next mornig not havin a clue.

Not saying there are not predators out there cos we know there are, I just take the stats with a kilo of salt usually.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Do you have any evidence for that claim? I've spent my working life researching sub-Saharan Africa and this is the first time I've heard of it. First google search hit ("rape incidence by region") produces:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita

which does not support your claim at all.

What are you trying to say here? Nudge-nudge wink-wink comments that about race seem to becoming fashionable in the backroom of late (see also the Zimmerman thread). Is that what you are indulging in or have I missed the point?

Wow. You missed the point.

I didn't realize that I needed to prove that rape is an issue in Africa. Note I said "Africa" and not sub sahara Africa. I notice your link, which lists countries and not continents, hardly has any African countries on it. Those stats are a joke, dude. I mean seriously. What, did they just go by police reports, arrests and convictions? Well, the Rwandan police have always been known for their professionalism and thoroughness, so yeah, I am sure rape hardly ever happens there because if it did they would have said something. I am also sure that certain culural norms, like a husband being "due" sex or a war fighter claiming his secret pay, were taken into due consideration when compiling this list. What a farce.

Haiti and Brazil are both superstitious, patriarchal kleptocracies with pockets of stability and swaths of vast ghettos. My point was that places that are unstable by our standards are typically going to have higher incidences of rape in general, where the "Stable" places will have rape that is concentrated in certain locations and demographics. Also, I didn't realize Brazil was in Africa so yeah, that was totally about race. You got me. FYI I could have just as easily added a laundry list of other countries to my list, which is why I said "oh wait"
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123