Thread: Unkillable Generals

Default Unkillable Generals

After completing Egypt I got bored of France and hence play the 1805-12 Campaign as Austria. Rolling around happily for the first 2 years of the campaign. I noticed that some generals (Like the Russian Kutusov) wont die, but will always get injured despite the announcer happily proclaiming " We have killed their General". I know Napoleon cant be killed but are there any other unkillable generals ?

Default Re: Unkillable Generals

Yes.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

The leading general of each Major faction will come back injured rather than dead, most of the time.

I do remember Wellington being killed once in an early game I played, but generally your top men live on, though they lose abilities each time they are injured or are suffer serious defeat.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

IIRC the 'unkillerable' ones are Blucher, Kutusov, Napoleon, Wellington and the senior Austrian general whose name I forget, because they are all (initially) very similar sounding.

Are you sure you managed to kill Wellington Fisherking?

NB: The Austrian general is Osterreich-Teschen.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 04-21-2012 at 18:50.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Are you sure you managed to kill Wellington Fisherking?
    It was not that I killed him. I was playing as the British. The French did it.

If he was just wounded he never came back that I know of. I may have dumped the game for that reason but that was a very early game. One of the first I played. It seems I played with the Scotsman, I forget the name atm. The one that died in Spain IRL. At least I played on a few years and never saw Wellington again but in every other game I have played he has been unkillable.

Mark Twain

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Will those unkillable generals die and disapper if their faction is destroyed but later reemerge?

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Will those unkillable generals die and disapper if their faction is destroyed but later reemerge?
    No, I think they are always there.

Mark Twain

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Can Russia or Austria re-emerge? I've never seen that in my campaigns.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Can Russia or Austria re-emerge? I've never seen that in my campaigns.
    In my campaign I destroyed and conquered all most of the provinces from Austria until they had only Vienna(I thought I will leave last). So, when I finally turned back Italy conquered it right under my nose. Later when I declared war against Italy and conquered Vienna I had the option to liberate them. Which I did just for fun(later realized it was a bad idea).
    So, it's not excactly re-emerging but close.

Unkillable generals in NTW ? There is no general more unkillable than a fully experienced one in MTW1, one time an enemy general slayed half my army alone before finally dying :D
    Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.
    - Julius Caesar