Default Re: Focus on... Mimes! (Small Mafia Game) [IN PLAY]

Both counts!

Hell yeah.

I think this puts us even, Arjos.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I liked this game. I can't really talk about the Mime role, although I like the vengeful mime.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Well, I think the role revealed hurt both us and the mafia a lot and helped the town too much.

I mean, we/I caught Auto out post 42 on the QT, which was pretty darn easy. And memnon wasn't that hard either. Though, if I was just a little more sure of Memnon at the time, we would've all had been alive.

I think it was hard, and I'd have to play another game to be assured of the balance, but it was pretty decent fun.

The thing is, neither Arjos/me/Monty get killed N1. We're just not N1 targets (that's an exception to a mini mafia on CFC recently), but we're not early game nightkills.

Also, thanks a lot to Jarema for hosting and to Arjos and Monty for being great teammates. It was good fun teaming with you guys.

That was very fun, thanks Jarema! I love playing games where I have a minor power role (i.e. not vig).

Daveshack and I were communicating last night, which helped us avoid doubling up - I will admit I initially thought you were mafia Dave, but I'd decided to run with your plan for one night (although I had blocked rickinator, not Salmonsoil).

This did seem very tough for the mimes, as their success was out of their hands to an extent. Nonetheless they did very well until the death of Arjos, and I was really starting to get worried about them just before that.

Not so rough. Mafia games almost always turn on a single momentous decision in a single phase.

It's just that we don't get to save-scum.

Yes, and this was your breakout role, and Daveshack was almost convincing as the "lurking nobody." GG
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This was a lot of fun to play. I got a couple of lucky breaks with blind shots in the dark. At the end it was down to whether I believed Ishmael's claim, and whether a vanilla read on rickinator was correct.

As I said during the game, I think revealing mimes makes it harder for them to achieve victory. Though in retrospect, not revealing might make it too easy.

The one thing I missed was the clues in the writeup to show who did the kills. I knew it was the mafia who got blocked / didn't send orders, but everyone else was missing the clues that the writeup would give. But I totally understand being squeezed for time, so a big thanks to Jarema for hosting while under pressure.

I survived a mafia game!

Oh, and we won. I guess that's pretty cool too.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I think this puts us even, Arjos.
    How? XD
    I picked them all! :P (except the jailkeep, but was right about him sticking to the same guy by happenstance)

GG it was great fun and as masochistic as it may sound: the mime was very nice to play and this time was a great company ^^
    Anyway imo it was balanced, but edse's death forced us to go mafia hunting and then everything had to go smoothly for us to win...
    And actually it was going that way, but democracy brought us down! XD
    Last edited by Arjos; 05-11-2012 at 05:47.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Thanx for playing actively!
    and for the comments

I think mimes had really tough time. And it would be more balanced without role reveal.

I hope that this game would cause some interest in mime role, and that we will see some of that. Just to remember you, mime role in more traditional interpretation is: two-person team that have to die in the same way, and have roleblocking ability. Two mime team should be inerted even into mini game I think. And it is good (or at least better) substitute for a jester role...

I had some good times hosting this game. It was especially interesting for me at night 2, with following orders:
    DaveShack attacks Chaotix
    Memnon attacks Chaotix
    Ishmael blocks/protects Memnon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567