Thread: History of the Zipper

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Default History of the Zipper

Dedicated to Abokasee:

Today 24 April 2012 Google are celebrating the legacy of Gideon Sundback. The Google Doodle today have a Zipper over the Google FrontPage and the Google logo are embroidery, from the Google Zipper doodle it is easy to determine that the logo have something to do with clothing or the zipper itself.

This is indeed the case; today the Google Doodle is remembering “Gideon Sunback” the inventor of the zipper.

Gideon Sundback were born on the 24th of April 1880 and died on the 21th June 1954. He was a Swedish American Electrical Engineer. One of his most famous inventions that have stood the test of time is the Zipper. After Gideon Sundback wife’s death in 1911, he devoted himself to the worktable, and by December 1913 had designed the modern zipper.

( Elias Howe, the inventor of the sewing machine, was first to receive a patent for an “Automatic Continuous Clothing Closure).

Sundback increased the number of fastening elements from four per inch to ten or eleven, introduced two facing rows of teeth that pulled into a single piece by the slider, and increased the opening for the teeth guided by the slider.

Default Re: History of the Zipper

http://www.google.co.uk/

edit: now it works on regular google :/
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 04-24-2012 at 06:00.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

TELL WHAT BARTIX AND TEH FACITION THAT REPLACES ARMENIA GOT THEN?!?!?!!?!
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

some1 link old thraed

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I believe you are referring to the greatest Org thread of all time. Note that it appeared before our much-maligned "all asterisks" rule.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

ur all 20 watt light bulbs

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I believe you are referring to the greatest Org thread of all time. Note that it appeared before our much-maligned "all asterisks" rule.
    Admirable indeed.

Now these guys definitely mean what they say:http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

My personal favorite:
    KCNA Commentary Lashes out at Group of Rat-like Lee Myung Bak
    Pyongyang, April 24 (KCNA) -- The group of rat-like Lee Myung Bak of south Korea is pointing an accusing finger at the sun.
    At a time when celebrations for the Day of the Sun were at the height in the DPRK, Lee Myung Bak let loose invectives against the DPRK, saying that it might have used a certain amount of money for the long-range missile launch and it could have bought a certain amount of corn with that much.
    As if they had been waiting for the opportunity to happen, wicked conservative media speaking for the group of rats made vituperation against the DPRK, saying that it poured colossal amount of fund into the celebrations for the Day of the Sun and it could have bought food enough to sustain for years with that amount.
    Lee, much upset by the cheers raised at the grand festival, made provocation against the DPRK with his rat-like face frowned.
    This was a hideous insult to the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK and an intolerable provocation against the system and people in the DPRK.
    The Lee group dared try to estimate expenses for the celebrations for the birth anniversary of the great father of the nation, a mockery of the pure and warm loyalty of the army and people of the DPRK.
    As live-televised worldwide, the celebrations for the 100th Day of the Sun have had tremendous impact on the times, history, the nation and humankind and had international repercussions.
    The rats can never understand the reason of the bright human world as they are fond of dark ditches.
    The Lee group which is made up of moneygrubbers can never understand the noble spiritual world of the army and people of the DPRK and the dignity and pride of the sun's nation which is incalculable with money.
    If ever there is anything that should be taken into financial account, that is the treacherous crimes committed by rat-like Lee and his group.
    A rat is said to carry a sack of salt overnight. But during his four years in office Lee offered south Korea to the master in its entirety.
    He kowtowed to the U.S. line and made a mess of politics, economy, culture, military affair and everything of south Korea, while making nonsensical talk that "there is no south Korea without the U.S." and "it can prosper only under the U.S."
    Examples indicating the Lee group's sordid nature of serving the U.S. are the import of beef fraught with the danger of mad cow disease, resumption of dispatch of soldiers to Afghanistan, increase of fund for upkeep of the U.S. forces, active participation in the U.S.-led missile defense system and the Proliferation Security Initiative and the railroading of south Korea-U.S. "Free Trade Agreement" through a National Assembly session.
    South Korea is a dark land where the rich get ever richer and the poor ever poorer, a land troubled by a great number of suicides.
    It is by no means fortuitous that the south Korean political and social circles are becoming increasingly assertive demanding his earliest resignation, calling his four years of politics as "failed politics", "wicked politics" and "politics with nothing to recollect".
    The group of rat-like Lee, human scum, is the rubbish of the times which ought to be thrown onto scrap heap.
    The army and people of the DPRK will wage a war of retaliation and wipe out the Lee group which defamed the nation and humanity.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Admirable indeed.

Now these guys definitely mean what they say:http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

My personal favorite:
    BAH

BACK ON TOPIC NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone notice Abokasee is in the actual mod?

No?

Well, that was a wasted effort then.

huff.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Did anyone notice Abokasee is in the actual mod?

No?

Well, that was a wasted effort then.

huff.
    I noticed. IIRC, it evolved from the "nonsensical" trait. Both reduced influence.

This makes me want to play EB again...

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I was thinking of hosting a Bartix mafia, overflowing with references to the game and actual powers that would be gut-busting.

Bonus points for inviting Abokasee himself to play.

My favorite part will be when people still have no idea whether I gave him the scum role or not.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger