Thread: Cry of Fear

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Cry of Fear

Has anyone played this HL mod? I saw this review of it on an Australian gaming tv show and thought it looked interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying HL for...
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Cry of Fear

How expensive can Half-life be? There are soooooooo many mods you can't go wrong. You would be amazed how much can be squeezed out of that old engine. My favorite is probably 'They Hunger', excellent scarefest

True it's only 5 bucks or something

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    True it's only 5 bucks or something
    You are getting a wealth of content for that, even the original Counter Strike is still rabidly adored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    You are getting a wealth of content for that, even the original Counter Strike is still rabidly adored.
    This mod is for the original HL, not HL2

Take a look at the link, it's quite amazing what they've managed to do with such an old engine..

This mod is for the original HL, not HL2

Take a look at the link, it's quite amazing what they've managed to do with such an old engine..
    The original Counter Strike was a mod for the original Half-Life, it's still played by many. We had many an argument between us uberelite Rainbow Six eleganto's and these Counter Strike noobs. Good fun. And yeah they are squeezing a lot out of that dated engine, it's actually running on the first quake-tech, that was amazing back then when Half-Life launched, today it's simply astonishing what they are doing with it

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    The original Counter Strike was a mod for the original Half-Life, it's still played by many. We had many an argument between us uberelite Rainbow Six eleganto's and these Counter Strike noobs. Good fun. And yeah they are squeezing a lot out of that dated engine, it's actually running on the first quake-tech, that was amazing back then when Half-Life launched, today it's simply astonishing what they are doing with it
    Ah, my mistake - I didn't realise there was a Counter Strike before the one I used to play (very badly)

Ah, my mistake - I didn't realise there was a Counter Strike before the one I used to play (very badly)
    It's a real succes story, Valve hired the guys who made the game uou know and they recreated it with the source engine. Not everybody is happy with it, some would rather die then leaving the old servers,because of that it is very much alive even today. Expect to be owned.