Thread: Seven years in the past...

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Seven years in the past...

...a friend of mine directed me to the forum of an upcoming mod for RTW, a game which I had bought on release day only to be disappointed by the lack of historical accuracy and thus was looking for some sort of modification.
    As I skimmed through the forum to see if this project would be worth to 'stay in touch' with, a little weird fellow posted a thread full of spam and nonsense...
    The evening of the same day I visited the forum again only to see the reaction of the community, which by instant made me fall off my chair laughing.
    It went better with the days as it took the forum visitors only four days to transform a spam-thread into a linguistic discussion....

I fell in love with EB that day.

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: Seven years in the past...

well i guess i finally had my first face palm moment. it was bound to happen at some point.
    Last edited by moriluk; 05-04-2012 at 02:39.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    ...a friend of mine directed me to the forum of an upcoming mod for RTW, a game which I had bought on release day only to be disappointed by the lack of historical accuracy and thus was looking for some sort of modification.
    As I skimmed through the forum to see if this project would be worth to 'stay in touch' with, a little weird fellow posted a thread full of spam and nonsense...
    The evening of the same day I visited the forum again only to see the reaction of the community, which by instant made me fall off my chair laughing.
    It went better with the days as it took the forum visitors only four days to transform a spam-thread into a linguistic discussion....

I fell in love with EB that day.
    So you do think the history of the zipper is a subject worthy of more academic research and general attention as well? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    So you do think the history of the zipper is a subject worthy of more academic research and general attention as well? ;)
    Nevermind the zipper, what about the musithians?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-01-2012 at 23:50. Reason: I find spelling difficult today
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Better don't bush, Tellos.

For people and newbies who are missing the references: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...menia-go-then-!!

5 years ago i downloaded a mode called eb and couldn´t get it to work and i ended up coming to this forum to get the steps right

then as i still couldn´t get it to work (damm vista) i started reading a few after actions reports fell in love with quite a few factions and tryed it around 12 times until i got it to work (hey i only got 1.2 to work last month and it as been dorment in my pc for 3 years now )

so mainly cirurgheon after action reports got me into the game and ofc the free history lesson and the you can change the world history part of the mod really appeal to me

combined with the population and city management wich i absolutely adore (altough it´s not that friendly imho one as to be recruiting dorophoi thraikioi sending them into the next city grab the akontistai and move them to the next village until you arrive where you want to disband the unit trying to create 3 suply lines to disband 3 units at the same time takes alot of work but it´s fun )

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Actually, I suspect Abokassee made it into EB I as an easteregg. I've seen Satres having the trait "Abokasix", with a matching description...

Oh and...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abokasix.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	5403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheep.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	5404  
    Last edited by athanaric; 05-03-2012 at 20:46. Reason: grammar

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

10 years ago, my uncle gave me shogun TW. About a year ago, I found RTW on steam, and bought it cause Shogun 1 and 2 were epic, and rome is so much cooler that RTW had to be good. Then, when I realized how unhistorical it was, I got XGM, then XC, and finally EB. After probably 20 restarts, I realized I had an awesome mod. Still haven't finished a game, but I still love playing it.

Ok... I admit i tried RTR 1st...but then ... my barbarus( *Linguist attack iminent*) side took over. Thank you guys... and please hurry on TAKE II :P
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

One year ago i got a message in my Steam feed for RTW, which i hadnt played in 3 years, titled "PC Gamer's top 10 Total War mod" or something like that. So i downloaded the top RTW, MTW, ETW and NTW mods. I attempted to play all of them but found that they either didnt work, TATW & EB, or were not extensive enough, Darthmod & Napoleon Complete. Then, several months ago after Mount & Blade had run its course i decided to try EB again. I re-installed it and found that not only was it the most fun but also the most historically accurate (which is incredibly important). If EB was a food it would be 100% healthy BACON

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    To 110%!!!
    If there only would be some evidence of zipper used as some sort of war mechanics in the timeframe we could have had a zipper-unit....or traits for chastity belts...

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

I stumbled on Europa Barbarorum on the RTR forums of all places. Was blown away by the amazing previews so naturally I started following.

To this day I still have EB & RTR on my pc. (Altough I never play anymore, I don't even know what i'm doing here...)

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Actually, I suspect Abokassee made it into EB I as an easteregg. I've seen Satres having the trait "Abokasix", with a matching description...

Oh and...
    I would have hoped the 20 watt light bulb description was there instead.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...