Thread: Co-Op Victory Conditions

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Co-Op Victory Conditions

Just met all the conditions on a long campaign in 1583, got the 60 provinces, in fact, took a couple more since I was puzzled by why the game didn't end in victory at 60, triple checked I have all the provinces needed, I do, I've controlled Kyoto for half the campaign so no issue there, yet there's no victory awarded, no achievement, only me sitting there with my partner in crime wondering wtf is going on hitting the next button like the Shogun 2 equivalent of Waiting for Godot.

Needless to say I'm pissed, it's not small feat getting through a co-op campaign with someone, so managing it only to discover absolutely nothing happens is annoying.

Anyone else seen this? Got any theories or suggestions?

Default Re: Co-Op Victory Conditions

hmm, an entire day and no responses

can i be the only one who labored mightily to complete a co-op campaign only to find at the end of my quest i was denied my glory?

/kicks server

is this place on?

it was a rhetorical question but I'll answer it anyway, since i'm having a bit of fun carrying on a conversation here with myself anyway

the answer is no, this place has less than about a dozen active members

and when it comes to Shogun 2 and this forum, the proverbial shark jumped into the air when ROTS released and not a single soul (me included) bothered to post up a single SP guide, not one, go look for yourself...
    Last edited by easytarget; 05-05-2012 at 00:53.

Alright, fine, I'll finish this thread off myself.

I chalked the long campaign that never ended up as a victory and proudly moved on and started up another one, short campaign this time, to see if I'd get the same results, hope, as they say, springs eternal. And despite battling through some desyncs we persevered.

I took up command of the Mori, quickly established all the trade nodes and control of the sea. My ally took up the land campaign as Date marching towards Kyoto from the opposite side of the island.

Early on the Mori had it all their way easily taking all the provinces leading up to Kyoto, establishing a sound economic development, ample income and then settled in to wait for the Date to catch up.

The Date have a long march, so by the time Mori had 8-10 provinces under their control, Date had 4, and while they could field a decently developed army early, they had to march half way across creation to get there and didn't make a very solid income (fortunately their wealthy Mori ally had deep pockets and sent a constant stream their way).

By 1555 the Mori have Kyoto surrounded, Date have pushed up into the middle plains, combined the two controlled 31 of the 35 provinces, excluding Kyoto.

Final push is applied, Kyoto is taken by the Mori before realm divide, the Date swoop in on Hojo and Uesugi and destroy both pushing the province count to 39. And in 1559 Kyoto being held for a year, the victory was claimed and the achievement awarded.