Thread: Hedgehog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Hedgehog

We saved a hedgehog yesterday. It got stuck in the fence. My wife discovered him/her. We freed him, but he didn't move. We weren't sure if he was weak or just afraid, so we brought him some water and food, but by the time we got there, the little one was already running in our neighbours' garden.

It's such a small thing, but it did make me feel happy to know that we saved his life.

Unfortunately no pictures of him; we were so worried and busy that we simply forgot to grab the camera.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Hedgehog

My missus did the same a few years back. Don't give them milk.

Oh and if you picked them up get tested for ringworm.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Blog Entries

at first i thought you were talking about a new moderator that was going to watch over the front room :P but it sounds like it was a nice experince

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I hovered over the thread title and when I saw the text I was hoping for pictures. I wanted to see a cute animal!

And to further stamp on my man card, I'll add that I love rescuing wee animals. There was a hedgehog once that I didn't exactly save it's life, but it kept trying to climb up the step in and into the house, even with people there. But my mum didn't want it in the house. Just left it some food and I guess it went on its way...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

It must have been a nice experience(prolly not for the hedgehog). It's sad I haven't seen any hedgehogs alive. I only see them flat as a pancake on the road.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    My missus did the same a few years back. Don't give them milk.

Oh and if you picked them up get tested for ringworm.
    Don't give them bread either.

Animals are fun. One time a neighbor of mine had ducks as pets and they would hop several fences and low walls to get into my parent's backyard to swim in the pool and splash each other. It was a cute thing to watch.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Don't give them bread either.
    We tried feeding him some cat food, but Monsieur or Madame the Hedgehog ignored it. I guess it was an upper-class hedgehog with refined taste.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Animals are fun. One time a neighbor of mine had ducks as pets and they would hop several fences and low walls to get into my parent's backyard to swim in the pool and splash each other. It was a cute thing to watch.
    When I still lived with my parents, we had ducks too. My brother and I loved the animals. But our garden wasn't really big and they always needed more room. And the amount of excrement they produce is amazing. After a while, they always seemed to find a way to get in front of my parents' room, making lots of noise. At 5 a.m. After a few weeks of that, we were eating duck
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    We tried feeding him some cat food, but Monsieur or Madame the Hedgehog ignored it. I guess it was an upper-class hedgehog with refined taste.
    Hedgehogs are insect eaters. You can sometimes find a hedgehog in your compost heap, wich means you have a healthy garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    When I still lived with my parents, we had ducks too. My brother and I loved the animals. But our garden wasn't really big and they always needed more room. And the amount of excrement they produce is amazing. After a while, they always seemed to find a way to get in front of my parents' room, making lots of noise. At 5 a.m. After a few weeks of that, we were eating duck
    I have a similar story about some orphaned little rabbits. At Easter all the young family members were playing with a few cute fluffy rabbits who's mother died a few days before. On Christmas we were eating rabbit. I still remember going in the basement and seeing skinned rabbits hanging there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.