Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RometotalWar & Hameleona's foundry

Blog Entries

Default Re: RometotalWar & Hameleona's foundry

Quote Originally Posted by RomeTotalWar View Post
    them, and I have seen some of the banners etc and they look great by the way.
    thanks man

"the dots around look very nice.However the top of the helmet isn't as the one from the picture.

Take your time.We are not in a hurry."

Well in the pic with the greyed helmet in OP you can see a two lines sticking up at the top of the helmet, but if you want I will remove them

I do have something to say to Asgaroth, tho - i cant use those models, before you show us a picture of them on units. Does not matter from game or painting (stone-craving or statue from the period are awesome to), so that when i actually make the units using them, i can know how big the sword/shield/helmet/other_stuff should be.

And a question to RTW - can you post a screen of the uvw map?

Well in the pic with the greyed helmet in OP you can see a two lines sticking up at the top of the helmet, but if you want I will remove them
    No leave them. They are great.

I do have something to say to Asgaroth, tho - i cant use those models, before you show us a picture of them on units. Does not matter from game or painting (stone-craving or statue from the period are awesome to), so that when i actually make the units using them, i can know how big the sword/shield/helmet/other_stuff should be.
    Scroll down and you will find it on the Illyrian heavy swordsmen.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...llyrian-Tribes

And a question to RTW - can you post a screen of the uvw map?
    what is it, and how do i get it, also do you want it for the helmet

The UVW map is how the texture is implemented on the models in rtw. This is why i don't like making something from scratch - the UVW maping is something i have never mastered.

more info here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49570

Updated helmet, hopefully this is the one, if not it can be changed,

So I added all of those circles around the bottom of the helmet to the the arc where your ear goes, also i made a clone and get rid of those things on top of the helmet to see which one you liked,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updated helmet11.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	5476

The UVW map is how the texture is implemented on the models in rtw. This is why i don't like making something from scratch - the UVW maping is something i have never mastered
    oh ok, well I do everything from scratch as it feels like it is my own work, instead of using something of the internet as a base model to build off like some people do, but sometimes i do import a rtw model and edited them if it is needed, however that is rare.

here is an image of the helmet with it UVW map, I did what it said in that tutorial, but I don't know if this image is right but it is what I got.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uvw.png 
Views:	378 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	5477

Member thankful for this post:

ok, sorry, but no one can make a texture for that.
    I like your work, but modeling for rtw has it's problems. And the UVW maps are one of them. I'll see how can we get around the problem...

ok, sorry, but no one can make a texture for that.
    I like your work, but modeling for rtw has it's problems. And the UVW maps are one of them. I'll see how can we get around the problem...
    hmm well what should we do? continue with the models or find a different way to create them so you can add textures?

Hmm anyone?

Asgaroth is having a lot of exams, so he may not answer as often as expected.
    I still have no idea, how to UVW map the new objects in a way, they will work.

When I said anyone I mean't anyone on this site not just the team, sorry I should have been clearer

I still have no idea, how to UVW map the new objects in a way, they will work
    hmm well we will see what Asagaroth thinks if it, I mean the only two options I can think of is to start again the proper way, or find a way to solve it by asking other modellers on the org and twc
    Last edited by RomeTotalWar; 05-10-2012 at 14:38.

Try mapping it from the side and show the result if it's not a problem? I think that is the only possible solution.

What seems to be the problem guys ?

Can you explain me as I don't know much about 3 D moddeling,I don't have a clue to be more clearer !

The maping for the textures is getting bad with new models.
    Assigning a 2d texture to a 3d model is tricky from the start, but the way i see it nether i, nether RTW have that mapping experience we need :lol:
    With weapons and shields is easy, but other stuff is hard.

So you want to say that the helmets are hard to do and the shields and weapons are easy ?

texture-wise - Yeah. I made the falca/kopis after all. ;)

It will be wierd with adding all the historical weapons and shield but not the helmets.

But if you can't do it, then ok. I won't pressure you. Just do what you can. Do the weapons and shields then.

but,,, if we import a rtw model from the texture file couldn't we clone it and edit it into a helmet? beacuse the model can be textured, so as long as the model is there it can be textured? right?
    Last edited by RomeTotalWar; 05-10-2012 at 17:00.

Just upload the helmet somewhere, and i'll see what can i do.

here, so would that idea work?? HRTW Illyrian Helmet Done.zip

Aham... can't even open it. Gives some strange error.

hmm, try putting it in your scene folder and access it from in the software

Didn't work. Try attaching it to a unit and exporting it to a .cas file like that.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I don't really get what you don't understand about UVW mapping. Do you not understand the concept of UVW mapping or doesn't any of you have an artistic talent?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

I don't really get what you don't understand about UVW mapping. Do you not understand the concept of UVW mapping or doesn't any of you have an artistic talent?
    there is no need to be like that, not everyone who models knows what UVW mapping is and based on what you said is it really true that everyone artistic talented person knows what UVW mapping is? I didn't think so, anyway if we needed help i am sure we will ask, but at the moment this has nothing to do with the public until we need it to be, the only reason it is open to the public is to get attention for the mod, not to have the public beat us down just beacuse we or I don't know what UVW mapping is.

I've played with the UVW maps these days, and i think i can do them. Ignore the pleasant friend above. Just please try exporting the stuff attached to something in .cas format, so that i have no problem opening it.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Sorry, but I was trying to help and I have got to acknowledge that my words for it were ill-chosen.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Sorry, but I was trying to help and I have got to acknowledge that my words for it were ill-chosen.
    Nah, don't bother. And i don't think it's so much an artistic thing, as it is grunt work - get the mapping, brake the parts, manage to put them in the right place. I'm getting quite good at it, after discovering the hot water (as we say in Bulgaria) and fixing the mapping by faces and not vertexes. :lol: so simple, so simple...

And yeah, we are quite low on manpower.

Sorry I haven't been round here for a while, I am doing the spear as you said, but I just got my first part time job!! :) so just been abit busy with it. However they will be shorting my shifts so I will be able to have more time modeling. So expect to see the spear shown here by today or tomorrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast