Thread: Time to get excited about the Wii-U.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Time to get excited about the Wii-U.

Oh dear http://www.gamekult.com/actu/rayman-...u-A101141.html

Video in link. Wow. These graphics are insane and the controller looks incredibly fun to use. A controller/tablet hybrid might just be the greatest thing ever

Default Re: Time to get excited about the Wii-U.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Oh dear http://www.gamekult.com/actu/rayman-...u-A101141.html

Video in link. Wow. These graphics are insane and the controller looks incredibly fun to use. A controller/tablet hybrid might just be the greatest thing ever
    Oh wut. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-expectations

I think they got something here

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I'm looking forward to it. Not least of which because my vacuum recently ate the Sensor Bar for my Wii console...

But anyway, I'm liking the upgrade to HD graphics, and the "Pro" controller was a sound decision, even if it looks almost exactly like an Xbox controller.

Hopefully 3rd party developers will see the Wii U as more than just a console for kids and "family fun" and actually start releasing some real multi-platform games on it. And Nintendo, as always, will continue to make excellent games

Gelatinous Cube- I won't deny that there are a ton of Wii games that use the motion control as a gimmick, but there are also plenty of games (often the best on the console) that find a way to use it as an interesting game mechanic. And the vast majority can be played from a couch as well, something that I too very much appreciate. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes to mind. Although there weren't any exceptional FPS's on the Wii because of the lack of HD graphics, playing a shooter with motion control allows for pinpoint accuracy like on a PC rather than a console like the Xbox. I'm hoping the Wii U will draw in series like Fallout, Battlefield, and CoD.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

It is kind of funny that we quickly go from developing a no-controller technology in the Kinnect to a gigantic controller the size of an iPad. Has the price of the controller been released yet? I'm thinking that getting four controllers for that "family fun" Nintendo is showed on one of their E3 videos is going to be a sizable investment. Right now, purchasing three extra controllers for the Wii (without the $20 nunchucks) is a $120 investment. I can't imagine what the Wii U controllers will cost.
    This space intentionally left blank

I doubt it will be unreasonable, you get tablets with a box of cornflakes nowadays. And they took it easy with the hardware under the hood. It is supposed to be just a tiny bit faster than the xbox360 and ps3, and they have existed for years, tech changes fast so they main unit is probably cheap enough to produce to keep the controllers affordable.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

As far as I know, only one tablet controller can connect with the console at a time, so there's the solution to that problem: you won't need more controllers because you can't use them. It'll probably come with the console, too.

Regular Wiimotes can connect up to four at a time as usual, I believe, so if you've already got them, no need to re-purchase them.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

It supports 4, which is pretty damn awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    As far as I know, only one tablet controller can connect with the console at a time, so there's the solution to that problem: you won't need more controllers because you can't use them. It'll probably come with the console, too.
    Now that you mention it, I think there was only one tablet controller in the video. That's reasonable then.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Now that you mention it, I think there was only one tablet controller in the video. That's reasonable then.
    There are 4 in the video in the link in my original post