Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Notebook purchase

Asus K53SM-SX086V
    Intel® CoreTM i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
    4GB DDR3 (upgradable to 8GB)
    750GB HDD
    nVidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB
    15" inch display
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (thinking of changing with my Vista 64-bit)

Basically I'm looking forward for a relatively powerful computer at a good price. I've scoured the markets in my country and this is the best bang for the buck, the best price for such a configuration. I opted for a Core i7 and a powerful video card, I hope it will be enough to provide me for 2-3 years of computing.

Clevo, MSI, Sager...unavailable in Romania. Sony and HP can offer slightly better or equal performance and better build quality but they are more expensive than the current choice. I want to play games on it but at the same time i need portability because I will be working on it as well, so I think it's a good combination.

Thoughts?

And particular thoughts on the NVIDIA GT630M?
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 05-12-2012 at 12:46.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Default Re: Notebook purchase

On the tablet here, so difficult to check, but I don't think the 630 is a Kepler.

Probably a good laptop though if you get it for a good price.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Not a Kepler, still has the old 96 core architecture and GDDR3, 128bit buffer and 2GB of video memory.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

ASUS N55 notebook, with Core i5 at 2.40GHZ, 8GB RAM and a nVIDIA GT555M video card at 2GB. Definitely recommended, delivers solid performance and it's quite portable at 2.5KG.

Proud

Been to: