Thread: Recommend me some apps

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Recommend me some apps

Got myself an iPad, the amount of apps is dizzying. I have a pretty good idea on what games to get, more interested in things that just come in handy, you know, cool stuff

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: Recommend me some apps

Hey Fragony, I am pretty sure the choice of app depends on what you like to do with your iPad. So ... what do you want to do?

For the time being being in love with it, anything with a high that's so cool factor will do. Haven't been paying attention since windows98, even my mom gave me strange looks when I told her about how cool google streetview is

Edit, a no doubt stupid question, how do I delete apps there is no bin??
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-05-2012 at 10:15.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Tap and hold on an app and it starts to wiggle, then hit the x in the corner to delete the app.

edit:

Maybe get Skype for videochat? Vital Signs Camera measures heart and breathing rate. Star Walk for iPad for astronomy. 500px for lots of high quality photos or Fotopedia Heritage.
    Last edited by CBR; 05-05-2012 at 13:26.

Gracias. Found a Marvel and DC App, awesome. This thing is incredible. Screen is to die for. Prices on itunes for movies are outragious though

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Gracias. Found a Marvel and DC App, awesome. This thing is incredible. Screen is to die for. Prices on itunes for movies are outragious though
    Yeah I totally forgot comics, they look great on the new display.

Movies are not cheap but I don't know if they are worse than other online options.

A few other apps that might be interesting would be Solar Walk (yes more astro stuff but this time the solar system) or Sketchbook (express is the free version) for drawing. And if you haven't already downloaded it then iBooks and Kindle for reading, just remember that books bought in iBooks can only be read on Apple's own iOS devices. Maybe some Dutch publishers have their own apps.

There are several good apps to handle your news (mainly using RSS feeds) likke Reeder, Flipboard or Pulse. All a matter of taste of course.

Having Marvel and DC is worth it alone, that stuff just isn't for sale here. It looks glorious. Solar WAlk coming in

OH. So there are gamepads available for it. I don't have a HD-tv because I like analogue screen better for movies, so I never got the most out of my ps3. But the resolution on iPad is kinda addictive. It is supposedly sharper than a HD-tv yay. I am not expecting to this thing to run Battlefield 3 but are there any first person multiplayer shooters that are any good.

This impulse purchase was a good idea. Very. Keep in mind that this is noob-awe don't hurt me