Thread: Arcade issue (arkanoid)

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Arcade issue (arkanoid)

After many years, I decided to try my hand at Arkanoid again to reclaim my title.

At one game I actually surpassed his score, so I let the remaining "lives" go to waste so my high score could be logged.

However, I was then notified that it wouldn't be logged because it only keeps track of the highest score per player, as if I hadn't even surpassed my own previous score

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Arcade issue (arkanoid)

To clarify, you don't have any score at Arkanoid, but it didn't log your score because it said you already had a higher one?

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

I did already have a score, but I'm positive that the score I had today was higher than both my own and Zain's.

EDIT: should have mentioned; the previous time I was using the name "Fenring" which is still my name on the score list.
    Last edited by Kralizec; 05-01-2012 at 23:34.

Hmm, tried it again right after I made my previous post, same story. Just now however, I again broke the score and it did register, so I finally got the glory that I deserve. Not sure what changed...

EDIT: another problem

Since I've got nothing better to do right now I tried "Canyon Glider Champion". On my very first attempt I almost instantly crashed into the ground. For some bizarre reason however I'm now the champion of that game with, for that game, an absurdly high score. The same exact score with which I had just won Arkanoid. While not bad for me, this isn't entirely fair...
    Last edited by Kralizec; 05-02-2012 at 20:04.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Eh, the Arcade is very old and cranky. There was some talk about wiping the whole thing and replacing it with a better system last year, but the discussion got lost amidst a lot of other work. Maybe it's time to revisit it.

As a general discussion point, would people mind if we wiped all the high scores or are people really attached to some of them? I know that some games have some ridiculous scores on them already which dissuades people from wanting to play them anymore. A wipe combined with a new version of the arcade might bring some life back to it.

That would be fine with me.