Thread: Mechanical Keyboards

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mechanical Keyboards

They are awesome. I have a Cherry Red Rosewill right now, and typing is a joy. And Cherry Red switches aren't even the best for typing.

Switches and cherries you say? Why let me link to this very informative write up on mechanical keyboards:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide

Basically, mechanical switches under each key give a much crisper feeling and allow for pushing more buttons at once. Most keyboards nowadays have rubber membranes under each key.

Anyone else have a mechanical keyboard?

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Mechanical Keyboards

Since I've moved on to laptops, I have to deal with whatever cheap keyboard the manufacturer puts on. But I've got a Model M that I loved. Great feel, great sound, and you could beat an intruder to death with it in between gaming sessions without damage. The best part about Model Ms is that you can do stuff like this to them.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Since I've moved on to laptops, I have to deal with whatever cheap keyboard the manufacturer puts on. But I've got a Model M that I loved. Great feel, great sound, and you could beat an intruder to death with it in between gaming sessions without damage. The best part about Model Ms is that you can do stuff like this to them.
    That is pure class

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

While I absolutely love Razor mice (I have a Razor Naga), I absolutely HATE the click-clack of keyboard sounds. This is the reason I love my Logitech K120 and would never buy anything (keyboard related) from Razor or Steelseries. Mine is nice and quiet, and works perfectly well in any game. Unless they make a mechanical keyboard that is silent, ggnore.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I love my Razer Blackwidow... except when I'm trying to watch TV and someone else is using it. The click is so satisfying.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I have a Logitech keyboard that cost me 12€ and I've got hardly any problems with it.

My mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and it sure fixed the wrist pain that my Razer mouse caused.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I have a Logitech keyboard that cost me 12€ and I've got hardly any problems with it.

My mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and it sure fixed the wrist pain that my Razer mouse caused.
    That wasn't the mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra View Post
    That wasn't the mouse
    You mean the wrist is dead now and that's why it doesn't hurt anymore after longer usage?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    You mean the wrist is dead now and that's why it doesn't hurt anymore after longer usage?
    Yes, exactly, that's also why you've got bad eyesight :P

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra View Post
    That wasn't the mouse