Thread: Black ops 2 now on steam

Blog Entries

Default Black ops 2 now on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202970/

Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare

trailer

suposidly it's got new features like these missions which will effect the end story

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Black ops 2 now on steam

We will see what they will do, Treyarch folks are a bunch of oddballs compared to Infinity Ward. Nazi zombies was a rediculous idea but a whole lot of fun. I like it when someone doesn't take things all that seriously, this future thingie is also pretty rediculous, hopefully in a good way.

Meh, looks like another fps, hardly pushing boundaries....

I think it's trying to push the boundaries of what customers will buy...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

... and the world yawned.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I'm sick and tired of all the "modern" shooters in the market. At least a futuristic setting breathes fresh air into a stagnating series.
    Not to mention that Treyarch are less jerks about PC versions than Infinity Ward, especially when dealing with the issue of dedicated servers. I can only hope that they take the bad things from Black Ops (FOV, frame rate, etc) and apply what they learned to this game.

Still, I probably wouldn't buy this game. There are many more fun futuristic shooters on the market that are cheaper and still a lot of fun, specifically Tribes: Ascend and Section 8: Prejudice.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved Tribes 2, but I've been reluctant to try out the micro-transaction'ing Ascend.

I want a good game where I don't have to worry about paying for things to expand my arsenal. I'd pay $50 for that as opposed to being nickel and dimed.

Also, definitely not expecting anything ground breaking from the COD series.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    ... and the world yawned.
    it being a COD game is starting to work against it, but this trailer is pretty damn awesome, on par with Metal Gear Solid 4 or the new Deus Ex. I kinda had enough of it after World at War but I'm interested in this one

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    it being a COD game is starting to work against it, but this trailer is pretty damn awesome, on par with Metal Gear Solid 4 or the new Deus Ex. I kinda had enough of it after World at War but I'm interested in this one
    Yeah i have to agree. The CoD sticker on the cover is a polarizing affect these days, i'm sure it will sell quite well regardless but I'll be passing. I haven't bought a CoD game since MW2 and I don't see a reason to start now. I will say that the move out of the modern era is a welcome one. If they move further down the future line with the next games I might be forced to check it out. For now though it's a pass.

it being a COD game is starting to work against it
    Given that MW3 was the best selling game of all time, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Amongst core gamers it is a negative, but for the 90% of people who enter a store just wanting to buy whatever will allow them to kill their friends, it is definitely the most popular title out there.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Given that MW3 was the best selling game of all time,
    No, just of 2011, last I heard.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    No, just of 2011, last I heard.
    Ah yes my mistake. But regardless, the last 3 years running the franchise has held the #1 spot.

Ah yes my mistake. But regardless, the last 3 years running the franchise has held the #1 spot.
    Yes, unfortunately.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

the best CoD was CoD2.

CoD3 was a downright abomination and only CoD4 was allright after that. The rest is all the same thing in a new box.

We do not sow.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Yes, unfortunately.
    Agreed. Sigh, really miss the old bioware. The docs went and sold out. Oh well, can't blame them. But I most certainly blame the players who have bought their drivel over the last 5 years.
    Last edited by easytarget; 05-10-2012 at 01:08.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    CoD3 was a downright abomination
    I disagree. The Polish missions were fun. The only reason I didn't like it was because it was the same damn game as the previous two. I also didn't like World at War simply because of the same damn Stalingrad setting.

That is why this is a pretty bold move, I wonder if this sells just as well.

@hooah, why the hate. The Call of Duty games are just good games. Polished to a mirror's shine and absolutely packed with content, they make good money with it and they put it back in the games. You are not being cheated if you pay the full price. The series started out as the underdog and claimed it's rightious throne. Is it Call of Duty what people hate ot it's succes, sometimes I wonder

That is why this is a pretty bold move, I wonder if this sells just as well.

@hooah, why the hate. The Call of Duty games are just good games. Polished to a mirror's shine and absolutely packed with content, they make good money with it and they put it back in the games. You are not being cheated if you pay the full price. The series started out as the underdog and claimed it's rightious throne. Is it Call of Duty what people hate ot it's succes, sometimes I wonder
    I hate the repetitiveness. I hate how every year or so I would have to buy the new game to stay on top of it. Ans each game is the same thing, no real innovation.

Also most the players seem to be like 13.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I hate CoD and I hate what it has done to the industry. I hated killstreaks in MW2(I'm not that accurate or responsive). It's just another way of making the good even better. Now I see other games are picking that up aswell. A lot of the newer gamers are intolerant of games other than CoD.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I hate CoD and I hate what it has done to the industry. I hated killstreaks in MW2(I'm not that accurate or responsive). It's just another way of making the good even better. Now I see other games are picking that up aswell. A lot of the newer gamers are intolerant of games other than CoD.
    They are doing that themselves, putting rpg-elements in a shooter was genius, people will always finnish a match to harvest their points. COD has excellent multiplayer and they copy it for a reason, period. Who plays it for the single player anyway really

They are doing that themselves, putting rpg-elements in a shooter was genius, people will always finnish a match to harvest their points. COD has excellent multiplayer and they copy it for a reason, period. Who plays it for the single player anyway really
    Thats another reason why. The trend, largely, has moved, and I truly believe its because of the CoD series, from meaningful single player experiences outside of RPGs and other kind of games, to mindless campaigns and an emphasis on MP.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

substitute the word above where you say excellent with brainless and you're on to something

i've always considered anyone telling me they like COD as a tell, not about the game, but about them
    Last edited by easytarget; 05-11-2012 at 00:46.

Thats another reason why. The trend, largely, has moved, and I truly believe its because of the CoD series, from meaningful single player experiences outside of RPGs and other kind of games, to mindless campaigns and an emphasis on MP.
    How is the campaign mindless, it actually tries to provoke, in the end it's a shooter you shoot things. People are really hating it for the wrong reasons. It's a quality product that aims for nothing less than perfection in both single and multiplayer, all with a consistant cap of 60 fps.

How is the campaign mindless,
    Seriously?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I'm sticking to the old Black Ops.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I don't think 3 soldiers can take out an entire favela. Anyway, this is starting to be more of a rage thread.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Seriously?
    Yeah, the series have some of the most daring sequences in gaming history, the airport massacre in MW2 absolutely shocked me. The incredibly inpersonal bombing mission from the first was also rather gruesome.

That's you then. We already shot civvies in GTA. The bombing mission wasn't that inpersonal for me. I just saw white figures who needed to be dead.