Thread: Carthaginian Reforms

Default Carthaginian Reforms

I'm having some trouble managing to get them to happen. Just to make sure I'm not just reading something wrong, I need 5 lv regional barracks, In a north african, Italian or Spanish town (not including the three "homeland" regions, I can't remember their names, but Carthage an the ones just above and below it), as well as owning 3 of a select group of regions, and it has to be at least 235, right? Cause I have a lv 5 barracks in Lepki, Kirtan, Siga, Mastia, and Arse, and own Arse, Mastia, and Gader (and Tolosa, for what it's worth). It's 235 right now though in the game, do I have to wait til it's 234?

-Thanks

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Carthaginian Reforms

It's non factional barracks that you need to build in those provinces...
    Last edited by Arjos; 05-07-2012 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by EB-FAQ
    -Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    -Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
    So you need to have (had) level 4 government in 5 of those provinces, and built up the level 5 regional barracks (you can't go further than level 2 factional). Which is quite a steep requirement.

In terms of ownership of several provinces you are well-covered.

I think the earliest you can get the reforms will be the summer of 235 BC, not spring of 235 BC.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I think Carthage actually has access to level 5 regional barracks through their type 3 government.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Yea, you can get LV 5 regional barracks with a type 3 government with Carthage., that's what I have in Lepki. I'll play a few more turns and see if they happen, I may have just been impatient and not have waited long enough.

To make sure i'm on the right lv barracks, they're the ones that have the LV 5 freed slaves as their first unit listed, correct? Or is it one further, which would explain my problem...
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 05-07-2012 at 19:20.

I could have sworn I posted a reply after Brave Sir Robin.

They would have cost 15 000 Mnai to build, and taken 15 turns to construct.

Oh, and I assume you have had the script activated at all times? If you forget that, or have forgotten that on a few occasions, the turn-number (which is what is actually checked rather than the displayed date) may not be high enough then.

If you feel you have deserved the reforms, you can always mod the EBBS_Script to qualify for the unconditional reform.

Alright, apparently I counted wrong, and built one level low everywhere. Damn. Oh well, easy enough to fix I suppose, if time consuming. Thanks to everyone who replied.