Thread: YOUR IDEAS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default YOUR IDEAS

I just wanted that you guys post your ideas here in these thread.What can we mod or add to the mod.

But before you do that I want you all to take a look at the thread -HRTW progress so you all can see what is added at the moment.

You can also tell what minimods could be added to the mod.

As I do not know what can I mod more.

And not ideas will be in.Just some of them.So the more ideas you give,the chance is bigger that more of them will be in.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 05-07-2012 at 11:18.

To be honest we could get everything finished, release it as version 1.0 and then ask the public after play the mod what could be improved or added... I mean we should at least be able to release it unbugged instead of trying to add everything in the first release??

Default Re: YOUR IDEAS

To be honest we could get everything finished, release it as version 1.0 and then ask the public after play the mod what could be improved or added
    There will be no version 1.0 , 2.0 ,3.0. Just one version for now.

I mean we should at least be able to release it unbugged instead of trying to add everything in the first release??
    It will go this way.We make the mod,we test it.So it means all of us on the team play the mod.We open a thread about the bugs,correct them and release the mod.

Worked around the recruitment system in the long nights... (i'm boring you i know, but just bare a little, ok?)

Since we do not want EB (and even RTR) 35-turns-for-worthy-units system, and vanilla basic system does not fit well in the "H" for HRTW ( ;) ) i've got an idea (oh, yeah, again with my ideas).

To train units, you need some things - equipment, barracks and a military system, that fits it. So we have the 4 basic buildings form rtw:

Barracks
    Stables
    Archery range
    Blacksmith

the only new thing is the building called Military Doctrine. It will be different for the different cultures. If you leave the native doctrine (or build it) - you'll have the AOR units of the region. If you build your own - you have your units (based on the level of the four building levels). I just need to see again the "or" description in the building requirement block, so that you can build the doctrine ether for yourself or for the local tribes.

It gives a lot of bonuses - it is simple (no scripting, not much coding), does not tweaks vanilla to much (you still don't need to rebuild the barracks from level one, so that you can train troops), gives a more realistic feel (no legions 6 months after you have taken the region) and has a game-play value. You want AOR units - pay the price. Leave the locals on their ways and they will rebel. Assimilate them - and you won't have warbands - you'll have legions instead (or the reverse if you are the barbarian).

The idea has it flaws tho - it keeps the RTR crash (hard to explain), witch although small is still a crash. And it will want a lot of code in the recruitment rows (i'll do it). Not to mention, that i haven't tried it yet in-game, so i have no idea if it will work at all.

But, i'll love you thoughts on it.

Bunch of small ideas:

vanilla stile marian reforms, but only legion cohorts, not early and late. No urban cohorts two. Praetorians recruited from the barracks!
    government buildings should give a pop-growth penalty, so that you don't grow from 2000 pop to 24 000 in a few turns.
    at least some law buildings, to keep the public order normal in the late-game.
    thracian legionaries! (post-marian)
    game-play temple balance.
    better aiming ballistas/scorpions/repeating ballistas.
    No crazy roman ships!

nothing that i can't live without, but stuff i would love to see :)

the only new thing is the building called Military Doctrine. It will be different for the different cultures. If you leave the native doctrine (or build it) - you'll have the AOR units of the region. If you build your own - you have your units (based on the level of the four building levels). I just need to see again the "or" description in the building requirement block, so that you can build the doctrine ether for yourself or for the local tribes.
    You want AOR units - pay the price. Leave the locals on their ways and they will rebel. Assimilate them - and you won't have warbands - you'll have legions instead (or the reverse if you are the barbarian).
    Very,very nice idea. If you want it,so be it !

better aiming ballistas/scorpions/repeating ballistas.
    - Yes

government buildings should give a pop-growth penalty, so that you don't grow from 2000 pop to 24 000 in a few turns
    - yes

at least some law buildings, to keep the public order normal in the late-game.
    -Maybe, give the bonus to law to the barracks ? It makes sense,because the higher the rank of barracks the more order will be ingame. Traders could give happyness bonuse because people are happy that they have verious things to buy or sell- ?

- explain a bit. By the way we will have legions like roma surrectum after the marian reforms.

No crazy roman ships!
    -explain a bit as I don't understand.

-explain a bit as I don't understand.

Double post,sorry !

-Maybe, give the bonus to law to the barracks ? It makes sense,because the higher the rank of barracks the more order will be ingame. Traders could give happyness bonuse because people are happy that they have verious things to buy or sell- ?
    Yeah, barracks is logical. The trader does that, but needs boosting.

- explain a bit. By the way we will have legions like roma surrectum after the marian reforms.
    Never played RS, but i must say... do you have any idea how much models and scripting means that?
    Not that this is a bad idea... just... RS already does that. And it ads a crazy complexity to otherwise simple game.

Thracians adopted roman equipment and tactics for a while (after that while, they wore a roman province).

No crazy roman ships!
    Qinqiriaknmkjbnafsd-remas from the temples. Romas used bridges on their ships in the first punic war, but that fleet sunks in a storm. After that, they use normal ships.

Ok, an example:
    +5 farming from temples for the macedonians is crazy. They have better farming, than Egypt! Witch leads to more money, witch leads to macedon overwhelming the map in 3/4 of the games. That is one example. (logic behind should be: They are crazy-ass in the military - they don't need a ton of money on top of that, not the opposed). Even thematically it fails - macedonians wore never much of a farmers.

Actually this leads to the question - what should temples do? My ideas:
    They should give multiple bonuses, but not to high ones. happiness - yes. 5/10/15/20/25 (i think it is the same now). After that we can distinguish the following types:
    1. War temples - give exp. bonus to the trained units (+1/+1/+2/+2/+3)
    2. Trade temples - give trading bonus (and a good one)
    3. Fertility - pop.growth bonus as in vanilla or maybe smaller pop.growth but also a trade one :P
    4. Law - bonus law, and a good one.
    5. Celebration - gives more happiness bonus.

There are some mix and match to be done for the exact numbers, but no farming input, no weapon upgrades (except maybe +1 for nations that don't have 3rd level blacksmith) to the skies. Small but many logical and theme-based bonuses. Currently vanilla have a lot of stupid things.