Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRE in high

Default Re: HRE in high

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    I think he tends to be more generous early in a campaign (before he has run out of money?)
    Once late in the game (14something) Papacy was the only faction left (except me,of course). The Pope sent me money EVERY YEAR for five or six years. It didn't do him any good, though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 6.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	12177 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 7.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	12178 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 8.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	12179
    As you see, my empire has expanded but I'm not satisfied somehow. In my wars with Italians and the English I lost my best four-star general, survived an exhausting ten-year long excom and now I'm at peace with everybody. Now I have to trim my armies into shape and get rid of the new Emperor. He isn't likely to get any male heirs (as I have noticed, 2 daughters born one after another in 2 consecutive years is a sign of future sonlessness) so I have to send him on a suicidal mission - yet I have no enemy to rely upon in that. I wish for no hostilities with the English and the Italians - they have large navies and I finally want to start some trade. So it's got to be either the Huns or Aragonese. But the former are too far for my monarch to reach in the nearest future (his trip there would last for ten years at least) and the latter are my ally. Besides if my king is not killed or captured in the first attack I might face another excom in case I repeat it. Well, perhaps the excom wouldn't last as my king would be dead, so my choice is probably the almost-ex-ally.
    At present I wish for no war, but a decade or two of steady development, as I had neither money no desire to attend to it while the war was raging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Who owns Sardinia/Corsica? With the Italians beat up, could they be rebel held? Ireland? Not sure how many ships you have and where they are but, if rebel held, they might be options.

Quote Originally Posted by LordK9 View Post
    Who owns Sardinia/Corsica? With the Italians beat up, could they be rebel held? Ireland? Not sure how many ships you have and where they are but, if rebel held, they might be options.
    Corsica was rebel and Sardinia was held by the Italians. But there was no question of capturing Corsica - it would need quite a large army to keep it loyal. I bribed the Corsican rebels (got a three-star general) and transferred him to the continent. And that was done not a moment too soon for the Italians started a war against me. I captured Toulouse and was warned by His Holiness to stop harassing the Italians (although Papacy (as well as the Aragonese and Sicilians) was at war with it). So I took the chance and attacked the Huns in Hungary - and they withdrew. Next year their king brought a huge army from all over the country - I repelled them and the king was killed. Their armies are shattered (I had more than a 1000 prisoners) and I guess if I capture Croatia (which I will do next turn) they will have a civil war.

Name:	HRE 9.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	12190
    Italians keep attacking my ships but always get sunk. Yet I would like to make peace with them - my ships are still too few and my trade is at a standstill.
    I successfully got rid of my emperor (sent him to rebel Scotland) but he produced a son the year he died. So I have a new emperor - but he doesn't have any sons yet. If he keeps disappointing me heirwise I'm gonna do the trick again - I still have one more heir of age. Generally, I'm trying to pay more attention to developing economy and trade and in 10 years or so I will be able to produce chivalric knights in Wessex.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Any ideas on what the Horde has been up to?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Any ideas on what the Horde has been up to?
    The nomads own the eastern steppes from Smolensk and Kiev to Georgia, as far as I know. But they rarely come into my view and the Polish look pretty solid with a sizeable army in Lithuania.
    Meanwhile my Drang nach Osten somehow transformed into Drang nach Sudosten.

Name:	HRE 10.jpeg 
Views:	141 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	12218
    The Huns turned out to be civilwar-resistant and only when they lost three more provinces after Hungary did they have a civil war, so they are now constrained to Wallachia and Moldova. My heir situation has improved and now I'm thinking big C but look at the garrison it has! I'm also in mind to evict the Italians out of Greece so that I could free an army to commit it elsewhere.

Name:	HRE 11.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	12238 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 12.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	12239 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 13.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	12240

Certainly doing much better then I did with the HRE; took me a bunch of tries to win in "high" with them. Also, glad to see that you're OK and still have an I-net connection.

Quote Originally Posted by LordK9 View Post
    Also, glad to see that you're OK and still have an I-net connection.
    I just thought everyone lost interest in the campaign, so I stopped posting.

We are reading, and by all means keep posting. Keeps me from worrying, (a la Leith).
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I just thought everyone lost interest in the campaign, so I stopped posting.
    yes we are reading.
    please continue to share new images.

Name:	HRE 14.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	12338 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 15.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	12339 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 16.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	12340 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 17.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	12341 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRE 18.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	12342
    There's not much to report. I have survived a 30-year long excom. My two emperors died but it wasn't lifted. The war with the Spanish was quite successful but I'm now taking a break from it as the Pope wants me to. The most interesting thing to see was turning of a spanish crusade into a rebel army when the Spanish were wracked by the civil war. The Italians try to expand into Northern Africa but the rebels resist often helping their counterparts from different provinces (which is an unusual thing to observe).
    Thank you for concern, but there is no danger to speak of. If anyone wants some backstage view on the events happening here I can provide it. But I'm not sure whether the site will encourage or permit it - after all it is about war on the screen but not in the streets.

Member thankful for this post:

ferdi 

Looks like you've got it mostly wrapped up, apart from a couple of big battles. The one with the Poles will last you a few hours!

If you want to chime in on current events in the Ukraine, there is a thread in the Backroom on it. It's filled with speculation and posts colored by propaganda from both sides, but that's all part of the charm of the Backroom. Feel free to contribute if you wish, a firsthand account would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Looks like you've got it mostly wrapped up, apart from a couple of big battles. The one with the Poles will last you a few hours!
    It didn't. The Poles invaded the rebel-held Ryazan and lost some manpower there, I occupied Chernigov and in a couple of years the Poles were reduced to a rebel status through having no heir to succeed the king.

Member thankful for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12