Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights of Honor mafia 2 [IN PLAY]

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Knights of Honor mafia 2 [IN PLAY]

Knights of Honor 2
    a small mafia game

Prologue

It is the beginning of the 11th Century. Kingdom of Italy was rich and prosperous until a rebel called Black Hood appeared. Since many of the knights had joined the crusade and left to the Holy Land the kingdom became vulnerable. Black Hood terrorized the countryside for months. Finally the prince and the heir to the throne gathered some men to capture the Black Hood but he and his men were ambushed and the prince was killed. To make things worse a rumor says that Black Hood is in Milan and his plan is to kill the King. It's no up to the Commoners and Nobles in Milan to find this rebel and end his terror before he manage to fulfill his mission..

Game set up:
    General rules
    * 24 hour day/night phases. Phases may be extended if needed.
    * You can contribute after death but can't reveal anything from me.
    * You may NOT post your role PM or quote anything by me, however you may paraphrase.
    * No screenshots, etc.
    * You may NOT talk to players outside the thread.
    * Voting is done using the Gameroom usual format (Vote: ATPG or Unvote: ATPG). Votes must be bolded!
    * "Abstain" and "No Lynch" are NOT allowed.
    * Each role have an ability that can only be used once during the game.
    * The game starts with a Day phase.

Roles:

Most of the roles are public and can be given to the players by the King. Beside the abilities listed here it's possible for players earn new skills/abilities. New skills can change any setting listed in below. By default only one ability can be used. There can't me more than 2 main roles in use in the same time(only one for the Nobles and one for the Commoners). Also, there can only be one castle guard and one town watch in the game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The King
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can give a one main role to Commoners and one to Nobles.
    2) If there is a tie during day phase he will decide who will die.
    3) Can promote Commoners to Nobles (Commoner must have served as a Castle Guard/Town Watch/Servant 2 day/night phases in a row).

Main roles..
    .. for Nobles:

Role: Marshal
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can recruit a Town Watch or a Castle Guard.
    2) During night phases he can accompany one of the Nobles (Protecting and in the same time role blocking).

Role: Cleric
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can demand one player to come to the church and confess his sins (targeted player can not vote, if he had voted already then his vote does not count).

Role: Landlord
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can recruit a Commoner to serve him or some other Noble (protection during the night).

.. for Commoners

Role: Spy
    Abilities
    1) Can investigate a player during night phase.

Role: Merchant
    Abilities:
    1) During day phase he can bribe officials (he can switch one of the players vote to someone else).

Role: Builder
    Abilities:
    1) During day phase he can demand a Commoner to help him in the construction site (player can not vote and is role blocked during the following night; can't be used on Nobles).

Minor roles:

Role: Town Watch
    Abilities:
    1) Can patrol the streets (possible protection if someone is attacked).
    2) Can take a watch in the gate tower (can see what is happening on the streets and may identify other players).

Role: Castle Guard
    Abilities:
    1) Can guard the Castle gate (possible protection to all the people in the castle).
    2) Can guard a specific Noble (protection but also a role-block).

Role: Innkeeper
    Abilities:
    1) Can identify players in the Inn (but not how long they stayed there).

Role: Servant
    Abilities:
    1) He can protect the person who Landlord assigned him to protect (if the player who he had to protect is attacked he will die instead).
    2) Can enter the Castle.

Locations

There are some locations where players can go and that could offer some protection.

Castle

All Nobles can enter the castle during the night phase. Castle offer protection as long as there is a Castle Guard appointed.

Inn

All players can enter the Inn. The Innkeeper then can identify who were there on that night. There is a space only for 4 players. Players who will stay in the Inn will be randomly chosen from the Players who have sent a PM with the request.

City Gate Tower

Only Town Watch can enter it. Gate tower offers some protection during the night but it also means Town Watch can not help anyone who is attacked on the street.

Castle Gate

For Castle guard. Does not offer any bonuses other than whoever(mafia ofc) wants to enter the castle must go through it.

Streets

Any player who wanted to go to the Inn but were left out will wander around the streets. There are no bonuses.

Items

There are items/weapons/stuff that can be found. It's up to the players whether they want these or not. All players can have maximum of 5 items.

The game needs 18 players but if I can't get that many then 15. Less players and the game would become too unbalanced.

1. atheotes
    2. Ishmael
    3. Chaotix
    4. BSmith
    5. rickinator9
    6. classical_hero
    7. Arjos
    8. edse
    9. Jarema
    10. King Jan III Sobieski
    11. Montmorency
    12. Ignoramus
    13. DaveShack
    14. The Celtic Viking
    15. Xenoneb

Original post:
    This game is not like the mini game I hosted. I plan to use several options that the Gameroom can offer(anonymous accounts and private forums).

About the game:

This is a game for 17-18 people. All players are divided into two groups: larger 'Commoners' group and smaller 'Nobles' group. The main goal is still to get rid off the bad guy(s) and protect the King.

Roles:

There are 2 sets of main roles. Lesser ones (Builder, Merchant, Spy) for the 'Commoners' and higher ones (Marshal, Cleric, Landlord) for the 'Nobles'. All of these can be assigned by the 'King' during day phases publicly in the thread. Some of them are daytime abilities while others are night-time ones.
    Besides those roles there are several minor roles that the players can fulfill like Taverner, Town Watch, Castle Guard etc. These can be assigned by the player who holds a respective main role. Town Watch and Castle Guard are one of the most important minor roles since they can protect other players(Town Watch protects Commoners and Castle Guard protect Nobles).
    There is more but more will be revealed later...

Since I want to use anonymous accounts then these main and minor roles are not a secret. Without those accounts I don't think the game would work properly.

Other than that it's like a normal mafia game with 24 hour day and night phases.

I also would like to ask if there is someone who is interested writing write-ups for this game?
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 07-30-2012 at 14:20.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Re: Knights of Honor mafia 2

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post

I also would like to ask if there is someone who is interested writing write-ups for this game?
    It is my main problem sometimes :D

I actually thought your write-ups were quite good The King. I also like the look of this concept; I enjoy playing as a 'minor' pro-town power role, and it looks like this game will give that opportunity.

Blog Entries

@Ishmael - Yeah, it should give that opportunity and even more.

Anyway, I plan to open sign ups sometime in next week. Although I don't mind if people sign up even now since there are only 18 spots...

I would like to play this.

Blog Entries

Prologue

It is the beginning of the 11th Century. Kingdom of Italy was rich and prosperous until a rebel called Black Hood appeared. Since many of the knights had joined the crusade and left to the Holy Land the kingdom became vulnerable. Black Hood terrorized the countryside for months. Finally the prince and the heir to the throne gathered some men to capture the Black Hood but he and his men were ambushed and the prince was killed. To make things worse a rumor says that Black Hood is in Milan and his plan is to kill the King. It's no up to the Commoners and Nobles in Milan to find this rebel and end his terror before he manage to fulfill his mission..

Game set up:
    General rules
    * 24 hour day/night phases. Phases may be extended if needed.
    * Anonymous accounts will be used.
    * You can contribute after death but can't reveal anything from me.
    * You may NOT post your role PM or quote anything by me, however you may paraphrase.
    * No screenshots, etc.
    * You may NOT talk to players outside the thread.
    * Voting is done using the Gameroom usual format (Vote: ATPG or Unvote: ATPG). Votes must be bolded!
    * "Abstain" and "No Lynch" are NOT allowed.
    * Each role have an ability that can only be used once during the game.
    * The game starts with a Day phase.

Roles:

Most of the roles are public and can be given to the players by the King. Beside the abilities listed here it's possible for players earn new skills/abilities. New skills can change any setting listed in below. By default only one ability can be used. There can't me more than 2 main roles in use in the same time(only one for the Nobles and one for the Commoners). Also, there can only be one castle guard and one town watch in the game.

The King
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can give a one main role to Commoners and one to Nobles.
    2) If there is a tie during day phase he will decide who will die.
    3) Can promote Commoners to Nobles (Commoner must have served as a Castle Guard/Town Watch/Servant 2 day/night phases in a row).

Main roles..
    .. for Nobles:

Role: Marshal
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can recruit a Town Watch or a Castle Guard.
    2) During night phases he can accompany one of the Nobles (Protecting and in the same time role blocking).

Role: Cleric
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can demand one player to come to the church and confess his sins (targeted player can not vote, if he had voted already then his vote does not count).

Role: Landlord
    Abilities:
    1) During day phases he can recruit a Commoner to serve him or some other Noble (protection during the night).

.. for Commoners

Role: Spy
    Abilities
    1) Can investigate a player during night phase.

Role: Merchant
    Abilities:
    1) During day phase he can bribe officials (he can switch one of the players vote to someone else).

Role: Builder
    Abilities:
    1) During day phase he can demand a Commoner to help him in the construction site (player can not vote and is role blocked during the following night; can't be used on Nobles).

Minor roles:

Role: Town Watch
    Abilities:
    1) Can patrol the streets (possible protection if someone is attacked).
    2) Can take a watch in the gate tower (can see what is happening on the streets and may identify other players).

Role: Castle Guard
    Abilities:
    1) Can guard the Castle gate (possible protection to all the people in the castle).
    2) Can guard a specific Noble (protection but also a role-block).

Role: Innkeeper
    Abilities:
    1) Can identify players in the Inn (but not how long they stayed there).

Role: Servant
    Abilities:
    1) He can protect the person who Landlord assigned him to protect (if the player who he had to protect is attacked he will die instead).
    2) Can enter the Castle.

Locations

There are some locations where players can go and that could offer some protection.

Castle

All Nobles can enter the castle during the night phase. Castle offer protection as long as there is a Castle Guard appointed.

Inn

All players can enter the Inn. The Innkeeper then can identify who were there on that night. There is a space only for 4 players. Players who will stay in the Inn will be randomly chosen from the Players who have sent a PM with the request.

City Gate Tower

Only Town Watch can enter it. Gate tower offers some protection during the night but it also means Town Watch can not help anyone who is attacked on the street.

Castle Gate

For Castle guard. Does not offer any bonuses other than whoever(mafia ofc) wants to enter the castle must go through it.

Streets

Any player who wanted to go to the Inn but were left out will wander around the streets. There are no bonuses.

Items

There are items/weapons/stuff that can be found. It's up to the players whether they want these or not. All players can have maximum of 5 items.

The game needs 18 players but if I can't get that many then 15. Less players and the game would become too unbalanced.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 06-09-2012 at 21:22.

In please!

Yeh
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I'll play.

I may have to bow out if I determine that being a moderator would give me an unfair (and unavoidable) advantage with the private forums, though.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I'll play.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I'd like to play.

I am knight of the round table.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

In for il Cappuccio Nero :P

Blog Entries

Roles and other stuff are added now. Still need 10 more players.

in.

I shall decline - if it weren't for the anonymous accounts, I'd probably play. I shall follow with interest though, and if you need a reserve please consider me; as I like the concept

Blog Entries

Well, without anonymous accounts players would start voting against those who they guess are mafia just because someone was a mafia in some previous games. Anonymous accounts should eliminate this and make the players use all their powers/abilities in game to win. Also, since the roles are public there would be some players who might never get to hold a role just because they look guilty. Would you give a ATPG any of these roles?

Well, without anonymous accounts players would start voting against those who they guess are mafia just because someone was a mafia in some previous games. Anonymous accounts should eliminate this and make the players use all their powers/abilities in game to win.
    This doesn't seem to work. In the 2011 games with anon accounts the players made a lark out of discovering each other's identities.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Leave to discuss rule mechanics in a sign up thread? - I have no objection to anonymous accounts at all - assuming they are pertinent of the flavour of the game. As a Host I would actively encourage their use, but as a player I am not yet accustomed well enough to all the public players styles and consequently find the anonymous aspect an irrelevant 'meta-gamey' annoyance :).

Blog Entries

So, 9 more players are needed. Anyone?

I'll join!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

8 more! C'mon, it's fun!!

Whilst I personally don't mind them, you might get a few more people playing if you remove anonymous accounts. Quite a few people feel (perhaps justifiably) that they tend to lead to reduced activity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Whilst I personally don't mind them, you might get a few more people playing if you remove anonymous accounts. Quite a few people feel (perhaps justifiably) that they tend to lead to reduced activity.
    Hoping that this might be true I will remove the anonymous accounts from the game. Everything else stays.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

count me in

can this game be tailored for less players if you have problems with founding 18?

I'll play, but if someone else wants to play, put me as a replacement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    count me in

can this game be tailored for less players if you have problems with founding 18?
    I can start it with 15 players as well but not less than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I'll play, but if someone else wants to play, put me as a replacement.
    Same for me.

Blog Entries

So, at least 2 players more and we can start..

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Count me in.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast