Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Mod General

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Re: Crusader Kings II - Mod General

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I have to admit that was the very first thing that came to mind when I said "more interactions with your peasants." I've had to be careful not to make my mod TOO silly. Though, I wonder if there's any witch events in vanilla. I dont remember seeing any.
    Open up text1.csv and search for EVTDESC4035. 4035 and 4036 are witch events. Also modifier_witch and tortured_witch in the same file.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Apart from sacrificing relatives, you could also make an event where you can just execute everyone you hate by saying: "She's a witch, kill her!"
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post
    Open up text1.csv and search for EVTDESC4035. 4035 and 4036 are witch events. Also modifier_witch and tortured_witch in the same file.
    Oh nice. Thank you for that.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This has given me a good idea for a History of the World, Part I mod
    Will part 2 have Jews in space?

Well I've finally hit a wall. I wanted to add in a new councilor to my mod. Edited all the files, put the files in the right places, and everything works fine. Unfortunately, when I place my new councilor on the map, I get a CTD. Searching around reveals that the xsc and xac files are part of a modeling program called Emotion FX, and simply renaming the spymaster model files to what I want wont work. Did I mention that Emotion FX uses proprietary software and costs 10,000 dollars a license?

I can just move all the new actions over to the old councilors, but meh. I wanted my seamstress!
    Kickstarter!

I bet you never thought you'd see this again!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The current build of my mod has officially reached a 50/50 split on Iberia. It all depends on who works together better. Sometimes that's the northern christians, and sometimes that's the muslims. I was really close in the v0.2 build but it was still a bit one sided I think, so i instituted a rather popular change: holy wars now cost piety to declare. I've found that its more so to help the AI than balance the player since if the AI is concerned it has low piety it will actually press de-jure claims instead of holy warring from day one.

This means that at the 1066 start, the Jimena brothers start fighting each other, attempting to solidify the north before they holy war. In vanilla, they holy war from the start and get smacked up pretty badly without once attempting to unify. Overall, while i'm not totally happy with the balance, I think it's hit a good spot for now.

I'm going to wait to see how 1.06 and the new combat system impacts the balance of both vanilla and my mod, until then I will probably stop messing with the starting balance of the 1066 date. Gonna release v0.3 after the new patch comes out and i know for sure it isn't broken. Seems like a good idea and all. Till then back to event coding.

I don't have a screenshot of it, but i've also been messing around in the Ethiopian area. Gave monophysite a new holy order and a fresh batch of new mercenaries to help them stay alive much longer. It's not perfect, but it does the job and keeps the factions down in that area alive much longer than they otherwise would be able.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-11-2012 at 21:48.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I had never thought there's so little information about some regions in antiquity. I was struggling to find any lydian towns other than Sardis.

Also, if you wanna see some pictures of Tamriel, I can show you some. If there's anyone who can make portraits, well, we need you!
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can anyone tell me what files do I have to change in order to mod a kingdom into my game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I had never thought there's so little information about some regions in antiquity. I was struggling to find any lydian towns other than Sardis.

Also, if you wanna see some pictures of Tamriel, I can show you some. If there's anyone who can make portraits, well, we need you!
    Can't you use portraits from EU: Rome? It could make your life a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Can't you use portraits from EU: Rome? It could make your life a bit easier.
    As far as I know, the portraits of Rome are static, while those of CK2 are randomly generated.

Nvm doublepost

Can anyone tell me what files do I have to change in order to mod a kingdom into my game?
    Sure. Rather than tell you myself though I'll point you to this really helpful tutorial that covers just about everything you need to know: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Kingdom-Title

Pretty much covers everything in there about creating a formable de jure title. Making a titular title is the same way just ignore where you assign duchies to it in landed_titles.txt

For creating a kingdom that appears on start, rather than a title that is formable, this tutorial will be helpful to your efforts.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ename+factions

The second link is not as clearly written as the first but is still helpful for people willing to play around and tinker with various aspects of the files. It's always a great idea to use a mod directory, but don't be afraid of 'breaking' things in the files.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-21-2012 at 10:10.

So I always wanted to extend the map further into the Indus, the only issue was that the CKII map had a odd trajectory and topology is very difficult to make. I found some NASA heightmaps which would serve well for topology and I decided to make a custom map. This is the basic map:

PS: Ignore the lower countries, still have to edit them to look like they were in 280 BCE
    Last edited by rickinator9; 06-22-2012 at 18:46.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I found some NASA heightmaps which would serve well for topology
    Finding DEMs is always a pain. I should know, I have a certification in GIS (Geographic Information Systems, AKA: maps are my specialty).
    The only reliable (HAHAHAHAHA) sources of DEMs are NASA and USGS.

Figured out a cool trick to stop holy war spam, and i'm not sure why I didn't think of it sooner: tie holy wars into character modifiers.

It is possible with the game engine to assign character modifiers as apart of the victory/defeat section of a casus belli. Once i figured that out, it's a logical step to them make that CB only valid if you have/don't have said modifier. Bingo! Instant war cooldowns that EVERYONE (AI and player) must respect. I wouldn't be surprised if others have figured it out way before me. I mean it's pretty obvious of a solution, but it was the final component in all of my balance frustrations that I was trying to solve.

How it works is actually pretty simple. As part of the war rewards on a successful holy war, a character receives a special modifier that will show up in their character screen and give you a visual countdown. For the sake of balance i've set the cooldown for just under 5 years. Here, the AI king of Castile has won a war against Cordoba and now has the modifier.

John malkoviching into him we go to the CB area and see that the Holy War CB has vanished. It's gone! Spooky! Well not really - all i did was tie the Holy War CB into the character modifier. Now for it to be active, no character can have the truce modifier. Once the modifier goes away, the CB becomes valid again.

There is a cheese way around it, however. Since the cooldown is tied into the character itself all you have to do is find a way to suicide and you can holy war again. But to be honest that is only a problem for the player. The AI is forced to respect the cooldown because the CB literally becomes invalid. This ensures a number of things that make me quite happy. First: Holy War spam is GONE (combined with requiring piety to be spent for holy wars, that is). Secondly: The early game snowball effect is gone as well. It is no longer possible to declare Holy Wars one after another without finding a way to cheat the system. The 5 year cooldown now lets other factions step in and fight a bit, and also encourages the AI and player alike to actually use their chancellors. Expansion is much slower, and as a result, you can expect to see the reconquista lasting for centuries with this change, rather than decades.

I'm really anxious to see how SoI impacts these recent (at least for me) discoveries
    Last edited by Monk; 06-25-2012 at 10:15.

I'm busy working on an Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings 2. Right now I'm working on the map. I've got all of Tamriel planned out, but before proceeding I want tot try to get a small portion of the map ingame as a test. The current testmap contains Skyrim, Solstheim and Vvardenfell and all their provinces.

http://imgur.com/a/tYAPl#4

However, I just can't seem to get it to work. The game crashes at "calculating paths" in the startup load screen. I've tried everything: cleaning up stray pixels, editing all the text and CSV files in the map folder, doublechecking the amount of provinces, sea_starts, etc... I'm at my wits end.

Does anyone here have an idea what could be wrong?

I don't know anything about your issue, but there is already a elder scrolls mod. I don't want to discourage you to make a map, but we have already completed a large part of it. Here is a link to our site: http://ck2.knuddelwuddel.net/

For quick modding questions like these, there's a thread for that on the paradox forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...uick-questions

I don't know anything about your issue, but there is already a elder scrolls mod. I don't want to discourage you to make a map, but we have already completed a large part of it. Here is a link to our site: http://ck2.knuddelwuddel.net/

For quick modding questions like these, there's a thread for that on the paradox forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...uick-questions
    Your mod looks absolutely terrific. Anything that will let me play Crusader Kings II in the world of Tamriel has my blessing. I'm considering of maybe joining your team.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Is anyone else having difficulty manipulating the landed_titles.txt? I'm trying to move d_flanders to k_france. However, even after enabling it, the change is not registered, contrary to version 1.05.
    Last edited by naut; 07-02-2012 at 16:46.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Is anyone else having difficulty manipulating the landed_titles.txt? I'm trying to move d_flanders to k_france. However, even after enabling it, the change is not registered, contrary to version 1.05.
    No. It should work when you move the duchy from k title to k title to get it to be de jure. I just tested it myself and I was able to move d_holland over to k_france without a problem. My own mod has also messed with de jure lines in Iberia successfully as well.

If you are using a mod make sure your mod path loads correctly. You need a .mod file with something like:

Code:
    name = "tweakstest"
    path = "mod/tweakstest"
    sitting in your /mod folder, telling the game how to load your mod. The name of your mod should replace the name of my test build. Also know that any crazy characters (like - ) will break the mod path.
    Last edited by Monk; 07-02-2012 at 19:11.

I've not altered my folder structure or my .mod file. I made the same change in your Tweaks mod to see the result. Flanders remains De Jure Frisia and the Count/Duke flags for several titles (in and beyond Flanders) switches to generic flags, not the historic flags.
    #Hillary4prism

I've not altered my folder structure or my .mod file. I made the same change in your Tweaks mod to see the result. Flanders remains De Jure Frisia and the Count/Duke flags for several titles (in and beyond Flanders) switches to generic flags, not the historic flags.
    In that case it could be one of two things, an out of place bracket causing the engine to get confused and throw flags everywhere, or a mismatched flag cache. Both are relatively simple fixes.

Code placement:

I went ahead and tested de jure placement in my mod with the following results. I took out d_flanders from k_frisia and plugged it into k_france with the following code:

duchy code
    Code:
    d_flanders = {
    			color={ 255 120 0 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 78

culture = dutch

c_artois = {
    				color={ 39 72 212 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_arras = {
    				}
    				b_terwaan = {
    				}
    				b_bethune = {
    				}
    				b_lens = {
    				}
    				b_lille = {
    				}
    				b_bouvines = {
    				}
    				b_beaumetz = {
    				}
    				b_bapaume = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_boulogne = {
    				color={ 43 76 216 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_boulogne = {
    				}
    				b_montreuil = {
    				}
    				b_saintpol = {
    				}
    				b_hesdin = {
    				}
    				b_fauquembergues = {
    				}
    				b_ternouis = {
    				}
    				b_therouanne = {
    				}
    				b_ardres = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_guines = {
    				color={ 47 80 220 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_guines = {
    				}
    				b_saintomer = {
    				}
    				b_calais = {
    				}
    				b_dunkerque = {
    				}
    				b_bourbourg = {
    				}
    				b_marck = {
    				}
    				b_gravelines = {
    				}
    				b_coulogne = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_yperen = {
    				color={ 51 84 224 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_ypres = {
    				}
    				b_rosebeke = {
    				}
    				b_cassel = {
    				}
    				b_roeselare = {
    				}
    				b_poperinge = {
    				}
    				b_menen = {
    				}
    				b_diksmuide = {
    				}
    				b_wervik = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_brugge = {
    				color={ 55 88 228 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_brugge = {
    				}
    				b_damme = {
    				}
    				b_sluys = {
    				}
    				b_oostende = {
    				}
    				b_male = {
    				}
    				b_nieuwpoort = {
    				}
    				b_torhout = {
    				}
    				b_aardenburg = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_gent = {
    				color={ 59 92 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_gent = {
    				}
    				b_doornik = {
    				}
    				b_oudenaarde = {
    				}
    				b_aalst = {
    				}
    				b_st_niklaas = {
    				}
    				b_dendermonde = {
    				}
    				b_kortrijk = {
    				}
    				b_geraardsbergen = {
    				}
    			}
    		}

kingdom code (includes above)
    Code:
    k_france = {
    		color={ 15 27 187 }
    		color2={ 255 255 20 }
    		capital = 112 # Ile de France
    		dignity = 20 # Counted as having this many more counties than it does

culture = frankish

catholic = 700 # Crusade target weight

d_flanders = {
    			color={ 255 120 0 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 78

culture = dutch

c_artois = {
    				color={ 39 72 212 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_arras = {
    				}
    				b_terwaan = {
    				}
    				b_bethune = {
    				}
    				b_lens = {
    				}
    				b_lille = {
    				}
    				b_bouvines = {
    				}
    				b_beaumetz = {
    				}
    				b_bapaume = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_boulogne = {
    				color={ 43 76 216 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_boulogne = {
    				}
    				b_montreuil = {
    				}
    				b_saintpol = {
    				}
    				b_hesdin = {
    				}
    				b_fauquembergues = {
    				}
    				b_ternouis = {
    				}
    				b_therouanne = {
    				}
    				b_ardres = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_guines = {
    				color={ 47 80 220 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_guines = {
    				}
    				b_saintomer = {
    				}
    				b_calais = {
    				}
    				b_dunkerque = {
    				}
    				b_bourbourg = {
    				}
    				b_marck = {
    				}
    				b_gravelines = {
    				}
    				b_coulogne = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_yperen = {
    				color={ 51 84 224 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_ypres = {
    				}
    				b_rosebeke = {
    				}
    				b_cassel = {
    				}
    				b_roeselare = {
    				}
    				b_poperinge = {
    				}
    				b_menen = {
    				}
    				b_diksmuide = {
    				}
    				b_wervik = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_brugge = {
    				color={ 55 88 228 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_brugge = {
    				}
    				b_damme = {
    				}
    				b_sluys = {
    				}
    				b_oostende = {
    				}
    				b_male = {
    				}
    				b_nieuwpoort = {
    				}
    				b_torhout = {
    				}
    				b_aardenburg = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_gent = {
    				color={ 59 92 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_gent = {
    				}
    				b_doornik = {
    				}
    				b_oudenaarde = {
    				}
    				b_aalst = {
    				}
    				b_st_niklaas = {
    				}
    				b_dendermonde = {
    				}
    				b_kortrijk = {
    				}
    				b_geraardsbergen = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_berry = {
    			color={ 24 52 226 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 140 # Tours

c_tourraine = {
    				color={ 27 55 229 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_chinon = {
    				}
    				b_tours = {
    				}
    				b_beaulieu = {
    				}
    				b_amboise = {
    				}
    				b_loches = {
    				}
    				b_langeais = {
    				}
    				b_fierbois = {
    				}
    				b_montbazon = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_bourges = {
    				color={ 30 58 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_chateauroux = {
    				}
    				b_deols = {
    				}
    				b_bourges = {
    				}
    				b_issoudun = {
    				}
    				b_stsatur = {
    				}
    				b_sancerre = {
    				}
    				b_mehun = {
    				}
    				b_vierzon = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_anjou = {
    			color={ 43 24 226 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 107 # Anjou

c_anjou = {
    				color={ 45 26 228 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_vihiers = {
    				}
    				b_angers = {
    				}
    				b_fontevraud = {
    				}
    				b_saumur = {
    				}
    				b_montsoreau = {
    				}
    				b_cholet = {
    				}
    				b_treves = {
    				}
    				b_chateaugontier = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_maine = {
    				color={ 49 30 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_le_mans = {
    				}
    				b_beaumont = {
    				}
    				b_evron = {
    				}
    				b_mayenne = {
    				}
    				b_laval = {
    				}
    				b_sable = {
    				}
    				b_craon = {
    				}
    				b_montenay = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_normandy = {
    			color={ 71 24 226 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 97 # Rouen

culture = norman

c_evreux = {
    				color={ 74 27 229 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_evreux = {
    				}
    				b_falaise = {
    				}
    				b_lisieux = {
    				}
    				b_alencon = {
    				}
    				b_argentan = {
    				}
    				b_sees = {
    				}
    				b_verneuil = {
    				}
    				b_honfleur = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_avranches = {
    				color={ 77 30 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_caen = {
    				}
    				b_coutances = {
    				}
    				b_bayeux = {
    				}
    				b_avranches = {
    				}
    				b_mortain = {
    				}
    				b_domfront = {
    				}
    				b_barfleur = {
    				}
    				b_cherbourg = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_vexin = {
    				color={ 80 33 235 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_larocheguyon = {
    				}
    				b_mantes = {
    				}
    				b_pontoise = {
    				}
    				b_harcourt = {
    				}
    				b_gisors = {
    				}
    				b_andely = {
    				}
    				b_ivry = {
    				}
    				b_abbayedemortemer = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_arques = {
    				color={ 83 36 238 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_fecamp = {
    				}
    				b_rouen = {
    				}
    				b_lillebonne = {
    				}
    				b_harfleur = {
    				}
    				b_arques = {
    				}
    				b_dieppe = {
    				}
    				b_jumieges = {
    				}
    				b_longueville = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_eu = {
    				color={ 86 39 241 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_eu = {
    				}
    				b_mortemer = {
    				}
    				b_gournay = {
    				}
    				b_aumale = {
    				}
    				b_forges = {
    				}
    				b_drincourt = {
    				}
    				b_neufchatel-en-bray = {
    				}
    				b_serqueux = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_orleans = {
    			color={ 126 124 226 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 138 # Orleans

c_orleans = {
    				color={ 94 32 234 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_gien = {
    				}
    				b_orleans = {
    				}
    				b_fleury = {
    				}
    				b_lepuiset = {
    				}
    				b_sully = {
    				}
    				b_meung = {
    				}
    				b_janville = {
    				}
    				b_jargeau = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_blois = {
    				color={ 90 28 230 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_beaugency = {
    				}
    				b_blois = {
    				}
    				b_staignan = {
    				}
    				b_chaumontsurloire = {
    				}
    				b_montrichard = {
    				}
    				b_fougeressurbievre = {
    				}
    				b_romorantin = {
    				}
    				b_stgeorgesdubois = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_vendome = {
    				color={ 47 28 230 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_lavardin = {
    				}
    				b_vendome = {
    				}
    				b_cloyes = {
    				}
    				b_freteval = {
    				}
    				b_chateaurenault = {
    				}
    				b_montoire = {
    				}
    				b_montmirail = {
    				}
    				b_stavit = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_chartres = {
    				color={ 98 36 238 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_chateaudun = {
    				}
    				b_chartres = {
    				}
    				b_dreux = {
    				}
    				b_nogent = {
    				}
    				b_gallardon = {
    				}
    				b_epernon = {
    				}
    				b_bonneval = {
    				}
    				b_tiron = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_champagne = {
    			color={ 95 24 226 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 114 # Reims

c_troyes = {
    				color={ 99 28 230 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_brienne = {
    				}
    				b_troyes = {
    				}
    				b_langres = {
    				}
    				b_chaumont = {
    				}
    				b_clairvaux = {
    				}
    				b_rosnay = {
    				} 
    				b_joinville = {
    				}
    				b_chacenay = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_reims = {
    				color={ 101 30 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_reims = {
    				}
    				b_chateauthierry = {
    				}
    				b_provins = {
    				}
    				b_chalons = {
    				}
    				b_chatillon = {
    				}
    				b_vertus = {
    				}
    				b_epernay = {
    				}
    				b_roucy = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_sens = {
    				color={ 102 40 242 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_montargis = {
    				}
    				b_sens = {
    				}
    				b_nemours = {
    				}
    				b_chateaulandon = {
    				}
    				b_nogentsurseine = {
    				}
    				b_joigny = {
    				}
    				b_montereau = {
    				}
    				b_villeneuveleroi = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_valois = {
    			color={ 35 141 208 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }
    			capital = 112 # Ile de France

c_ile_de_france = {
    				color={ 38 144 211 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_paris = {
    				}
    				b_melun = {
    				}
    				b_stdenis = {
    				}
    				b_meaux = {
    				}
    				b_etampes = {
    				}
    				b_montfortlamaury = {
    				}
    				b_senlis = {
    				}
    				b_compiegne = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_vermandois = {
    				color={ 41 147 214 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_coucy = {
    				}
    				b_stquentin = {
    				}
    				b_laon = {
    				}
    				b_crepy = {
    				}
    				b_montaigu = {
    				}
    				b_rethel = {
    				}
    				b_guise = {
    				}
    				b_signy = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_amiens = {
    				color={ 44 151 217 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_peronne = {
    				}
    				b_amiens = {
    				}
    				b_beauvais = {
    				}
    				b_soissons = {
    				}
    				b_corbie = {
    				}
    				b_noyon = {
    				}
    				b_montdidier = {
    				}
    				b_breteuil = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		d_burgundy = {
    			# French, or Lower Burgundy
    			color={ 153 67 108 }
    			color2={ 255 255 255 }
    			capital = 136 # Dijon

c_chalons = {
    				color={ 161 22 60 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_brancion = {
    				}
    				b_chalon = {
    				}
    				b_tournus = {
    				}
    				b_louhans = {
    				}
    				b_chamilly = {
    				}
    				b_seurre = {
    				}
    				b_stjeandelosne = {
    				}
    				b_cuisery = {
    				}
    			}

c_auxerre = {
    				color={ 97 26 228 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_auxerre = {
    				}
    				b_druyes = {
    				}
    				b_tonnerre = {
    				}
    				b_pontigny = {
    				}
    				b_cravant = {
    				}
    				b_crisenon = {
    				}
    				b_stsauveurenpuisaye = {
    				}
    				b_mailly = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_macon = {
    				color={ 27 165 229 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_fuisse = {
    				}
    				b_macon = {
    				}
    				b_cluny = {
    				}
    				b_davaye = {
    				}
    				b_beaujeu = {
    				}
    				b_lugny = {
    				}
    				b_berze = {
    				}
    				b_villefranchesursaone = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_dijon = {
    				color={ 30 168 232 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_semur = {
    				}
    				b_dijon = {
    				}
    				b_autun = {
    				}
    				b_vezelay = {
    				}
    				b_avallon = {
    				}
    				b_citeaux = {
    				}
    				b_beaune = {
    				}
    				b_noyers = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_nevers = {
    				color={ 33 171 235 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_courtenay = {
    				}
    				b_nevers = {
    				}
    				b_lacharite = {
    				}
    				b_donzy = {
    				}
    				b_chateauchinon = {
    				}
    				b_vandenesse = {
    				}
    				b_clamecy = {
    				}
    				b_cosne = {
    				}
    			}
    			c_charolais = {
    				color={ 36 174 238 }
    				color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_montstvincent = {
    				}
    				b_charolles = {
    				}
    				b_paray = {
    				}
    				b_semurenbrionnais = {
    				}
    				b_toulonsurarroux = {
    				}
    				b_perrecy = {
    				}
    				b_digoine = {
    				}
    				b_joncy = {
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    End result was that the de jure moved but more importantly flags were fine shown here:

landed_titles and flag generation is just about the most pain in the ass thing about CK2 and it's really finicky. Always a good idea to double check your code before moving on.

It could also be a mismatched flag cache. Whenever you are moving between versions that mess with landed_titles, your game may not generate a new cache if it doesn't detect that it's loading a new version properly. This means that it will try to apply improper flags to titles. It's always a good idea to delete the flag cache when you are swapping between vanilla and a mod that makes de jure changes for this very reason and is a lesson i've learned the hard way.

In order to force the game to to re-scan your landed_titles to apply the proper flags go to my documents\paradox interactive\Crusader Kings 2\gfx and delete the entire 'flags' folder there.

Lemme know if that helps.
    Last edited by Monk; 07-03-2012 at 09:27.

There seems to be a bug right now that makes replace_path fail. Maybe that's what's up.

I am constantly amazed by the things i discover when I am just messing around with files.

I had no idea restricting laws was this easy. I remember that trying to put time limits on the laws was a pain and ultimately proved a dead-end due to how laws work, but limiting based on title works perfectly. This means that you can effectively keep certain powers locked and unable to go beyond certain crown authority with the adition of:

example
    Code:
    NOT = {
    	title = e_hre
    }
    In the grand scheme of things i suppose this isn't a huge discovery as I doubt I would implement this for any title other than the hre, but it's an interesting one for that very reason.
    Last edited by Monk; 07-03-2012 at 20:24.

Cheers Monk! =)

There seems to be a bug right now that makes replace_path fail. Maybe that's what's up.
    I have a feeling it is the flag cache, but I'll keep this in mind.

Restricting laws like that is very useful! I've been wondering if it is possible to make the plot "Reduce Crown Authority" easier to accomplish? I've never been able to achieve the plot, even if potential co-conspirators like me 100%. Currently everyone must hate the liege almost 100% as well, which is way too hard to achieve!
    #Hillary4prism

Blog Entries

Is there a way to make an "Insulted" CB?

What I'm thinking is that you get this against foreign rulers(or against your vassals) in some cases and it would allow you to declare war on them. If you win you would gain large prestige bonus while the loser gets prestige penalty?

Also, is there a way to make some battles more important than others? For example, winning a battle against the king would give you mor warscore than a battle against a courtier?

Is there a way to make an "Insulted" CB?

What I'm thinking is that you get this against foreign rulers(or against your vassals) in some cases and it would allow you to declare war on them. If you win you would gain large prestige bonus while the loser gets prestige penalty?
    Sorta like the diplomatic insult CB from EUIII? Hm. I don't see why not. Have the winner get prestige and money from the loser instead of titles. There's already CB that are similiar but not the same thing in the files, all you'd have to do is mod them to be of the desired effect. It's got me curious. Might mess around with that later.

Also, is there a way to make some battles more important than others? For example, winning a battle against the king would give you mor warscore than a battle against a courtier?
    I'm not sure, i have no idea where to even look for that one. Likely hidden away in defines.lua if i had to guess.

Restricting laws like that is very useful! I've been wondering if it is possible to make the plot "Reduce Crown Authority" easier to accomplish? I've never been able to achieve the plot, even if potential co-conspirators like me 100%. Currently everyone must hate the liege almost 100% as well, which is way too hard to achieve!
    Same as above, i have no idea. Will need to do some file hunting tomorrow and see if I can locate that, not sure i'd mess with it myself but I like to know where things are.
    Last edited by Monk; 07-04-2012 at 23:55.

I'm a dummy. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by naut; 07-05-2012 at 16:29.
    #Hillary4prism

I don't intend to make any mod, i just want to make just a few tweaks, so I'm trying to do so in the main game files, but i had a hard time understanding how does event triggering chances work.
    Can anyone please explain just in a few words how does event trigger chances work? I mean, I've found those event files and "meant time to happen/Factor/chance" things, but i don't understand what do they really do, should i increase factor value to make event more frequent or should i do opposite? what meant time to happen really does? and etc. if you tell me basics i'll manage to get through it, so give me few word please :)

and one more question

Code:
    character_event = {
    	id = 73006
    	desc = "EVTDESC73006"
    	picture = GFX_evt_pregnancy

is_triggered_only = yes

min_age = 16
    	only_playable = yes
    	prisoner = no
    	only_men = yes

trigger = {
    		any_child = {
    			is_married = no
    			is_female = no
    			age = 16
    			NOT = { age = 21 }
    			NOT = { demesne_size = 1 }
    			NOT = { trait = chaste }
    			NOT = { trait = celibate }
    		}
    in this code, what do those "age =" stand for? do they automatically stand for minimum and maximum age? i can't really figure out what else they might be pointing to, but even if my guess was true, i don't understand why do we need age = 16, as it is already defined up there by min_age = 16. thanks for your help in advance.

Code:
    character_event = {
    	id = 73006
    	desc = "EVTDESC73006"
    	picture = GFX_evt_pregnancy

is_triggered_only = yes

min_age = 16
    	only_playable = yes
    	prisoner = no
    	only_men = yes

trigger = {
    		any_child = {
    			is_married = no
    			is_female = no
    			age = 16
    			NOT = { age = 21 }
    			NOT = { demesne_size = 1 }
    			NOT = { trait = chaste }
    			NOT = { trait = celibate }
    		}
    The min_age is for the character the event is happening to.
    Code:
    trigger = {
    }
    defines the condition under which the event will happen. In this case it is odd that there is even a trigger as there is
    Code:
    is_triggered_only = yes
    which means that this event can only be triggered by another event.

As for the
    Code:
    age = 16
    , that applies to any child as there is a
    Code:
    any_child = {
    }
    tag. Judging from the conditions and the picture, it's probable that a son has made love to someone and has created a bastard.

thank you very much, but i have few more questions

I found (but not sure if it is true) file "CK2defaultfolder"\common\on_actions\00_on_actions.txt and there are listed events and their firing chances i guess, can you tell me if i'm not mistaken and what those values before events like "10 = 3320" mean(percentage maybe if the conditions are met? but there are some events with 250 or more also)?

Could you tell me what does that age = 16 exactly signify? now i know that it's for any child but, does it mean that any child that is exactly 16 or does it mean any child that is 16 and above(and below 21 as there is "NOT = { age = 21 }")?

thanks once more

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast