Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Small mafia game 'Guess what your role is' (aka 'role insanity') [Concluded]

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Small mafia game 'Guess what your role is' (aka 'role insanity')

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I was just thinking about how that would work as a concept a few days ago. It would be hella fun to host.
    I approve!

Raito! Raito! XD

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Didn't Beskie's anime game a few years ago include elements from Death Note? I may be wrong as I know nothing about the genre, though some of the stuff in Jezebel's game seemed familiar.

I liked the concept, though only knowing my actions were successful was very unusual.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveShack View Post
    I liked the concept, though only knowing my actions were successful was very unusual.
    It was because it will be too easy to guess what your role is if it was not that way.

Also, I believe you had the weakest role in this game

Good game Jarema...perhaps N0 was redundant and might have made the game a bit easier for the mafia.

though i missed N1 action, I guessed i was some kind of protection role and used it on JHT on N2

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Oh no way somebody did a Death Note mafia?

I was just thinking about how that would work as a concept a few days ago. It would be hella fun to host.

Anyway, good game everyone. Especially Monty and Arjos. Arjos was good with the logic games, but Monty's scumdar is so accurate it's scary.
    Well, after your defence of my on D2, I thought it was game over for you on D3.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Good game Jarema...perhaps N0 was redundant and might have made the game a bit easier for the mafia.

though i missed N1 action, I guessed i was some kind of protection role and used it on JHT on N2
    Easier for the town you mean.

For the Death Note game:

Role List:

-AA - Roleblocker
    -Visor - Mafia Goon (Extra life)
    -Alsark - Mafia Killer
    -Xeno - SK (extra life, three kills)
    -Agga - Power Role Protector
    -Spike - Mafia Roleblocker
    -Blackwolf - Doctor
    -CJ - Investigation (Sane)
    -Classical - Commuter, three time (no anti town targetable
    -Remus - Double Vote
    -edse - Mason Confirm/Investigation
    -Kaiser - One time unblockable vig
    -Stormer - Bodyguard
    -cpdwane - Mason Confirm/Investigation
    -Jarema - One time anti town power roleblock (ALL)

I'm rather proud of my performance that game. Some of the roles make more sense if you read the thread. QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/ML85t3pM2ppur

Role madness games can be fun, but both this, and Death Note, were both imbalanced towards town.

However, stellar play lead us to victory, even when our main killed was lynched D3, after a day extension (grumble), and then our partner (roleblocker) claimed he could scan through cover roles, and got himself lynched D5 or something, and then I won it for us in a 4 way Lylo with the SK having no kills and no extra life left, and we lynched the doctor, and the investigator/mason still alive. Tense game, but I enjoyed it.

EDIT: You will also find JHT revealing me, Rebel Jeb and himself as mafia partners at the end of the thread, in another game that was running at the same time. And he also announced our kill before it happened. And yet town lynched the reviver instead.
    Last edited by Visor; 07-18-2012 at 13:55.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Didn't Beskie's anime game a few years ago include elements from Death Note? I may be wrong as I know nothing about the genre, though some of the stuff in Jezebel's game seemed familiar.
    Yes, you're correct. The Death Note character actually won.

But his main concept was a similar series; I believe it was called Eden of the East.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

In regards to Death Note: I had a SK in my recent small game who could choose when his target would die (aka Night 2, or whenever). (Which I stole off another game).

It seems like jht did a good job in my place.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    It seems like jht did a good job in my place.
    Yep, I did argue with Zack quite a lot.

Hey, wait a second Chaotix, that's the same kind of nonsense you pulled in the Sacrifice game then! You got off light this time, as far as I'm concerned.

Nice start to the final day, I couldn't tell whether to feel horrified or smug.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Hey, wait a second Chaotix, that's the same kind of nonsense you pulled in the Sacrifice game then! You got off light this time, as far as I'm concerned.

Nice start to the final day, I couldn't tell whether to feel horrified or smug.
    I have this really, really bad habit of using risky strategies that place me right under the town's nose.

If it was just me I would be ok with it, but unfortunately if it fails I drag my scum partners down with it, and that's not cool.

I think I'm going to start toning it down when I have partners in the future. In games where someone else took the lead, we tended to do better.

As a solo scum, though... I will direct you to of the Star Wars: Fall of the Order for the epitome of "under the town's nose".
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011