Thread: Rome 2 Total War and Europa Barbarorum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Rome 2 Total War and Europa Barbarorum

Rome 2 total war as been announced as many of you must have seen.
    Like in the previous rome, they might commit the same mistake of depicting the northern european factions as mindless, stereotypical, hollywoodian Barbarian.
    I know that this team initial goal was exactly to correct this by putting more emphasis on those cultures, hence the name Europa Barbarorum.
    I also think that you contacted CA in the development phase of rome total war in order to convince them to depict northern european more accurately, and give them the civilized look they deserved.

The time as come to defend to get up and defend those civilization again.
    This time, CA might be more receptive : it's been almost 10 year since rome total war, CA must have undergone many change. In the employee section as well as in the overall direction. Just look at the historical accuracy of shogun 2 total war compared to rome total war : CA put an accent on this accuracy.
    But, I fear that many in CA, even in the history department still have that sterotypical view of the gauls,germans,britons of less civilized than the roman,greeks...

However i'm pretty sure that this time, CA would be more receptive, considering the reason mentioned above and also the fact that they are still in very early development and apparently did not already conceive the factions.

It's time to fulfill this mod's team initial goal : to raise awareness in CA about the refinement and complexity of the northern european civilization (celts and germans to be more precise), and prevent their depiction as generic primitive men.

So are you going to contact CA like you did 8 years ago? Now is the best time to act, since the game is still in very early phase, and CA might be very receptive. They must even be searching documentation right now on this time period.

It's now or never, let's do it :thumbsup2

PS : I will post this message in many europa barbarorum forums/sections, since i'm not sure which one is active and which one isn't, and I think it should be discussed in the most active section. Thanks for your comprehension :) .

EDIT : PS :

I made a thread in the rome 2 total war section of the TWcenter forums. My name in those forums is akarnir. I was banned because of a misunderstanding, but they agreed to keep the thread :) .

It's about how the Gauls should be depicted more accurately in the next total war forums, how their cities should have more majesty and how their unit should look less generic (translate to : they should look like in Europa Barbarorum :) ).

The link is here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548834

I also look up to you guys to participate and keep the thread alive. If this thread becomes big, CA might get aware of the matter. It's the best way to inform them if they aren't already.

So don't hesitate to go in this thread : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548834 and to participate in the debate, add more informations, and defend this cause.

Thanks :), I really hope this thread get the attention it deserve.
    Last edited by wangchang; 07-06-2012 at 23:24.