Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 hours ago i tried to kill a spider

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Default Re: 2 hours ago i tried to kill a spider

Last night, there was a huge grasshopper in my kitchen. I smacked the bugger several times with a wash cloth, trying not to smear him all over the wall and scare my dear little woman in the process. Walked away to wipe him off the floor... and when I came back... It was gone!

Now all the insane possibilities are opening... Zombie grasshopper... Vampire grashopper?

Think I'll be sleeping in my shower from now on, armed and wearing my ski garments.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

He's getting his friends to get biblical on you. I wish there was a easier way to tell you, but you are screwed

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

We don't have dangerous spiders here. But the animal I can't stand and groses me out are tics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat-tick.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	6319

Name:	You-Tick-Me-Off--78535.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	6320

I don't mind pulling them out of my dog so much, but I'd freak if I was bitten.
    It's really the only animal I find really disgusting. I've hold snakes and tarantulas in my hands and work with wild animals at the wildlife rescue center. But I hate ticks, hate them with a passion.

Member Member Plasmanaut on Fire Champion Memnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    We don't have dangerous spiders here. But the animal I can't stand and groses me out are tics.

It's really the only animal I find really disgusting. I've hold snakes and tarantulas in my hands and work with wild animals at the wildlife rescue center. But I hate ticks, hate them with a passion.
    I found six of them on my legs yesterday after my run and promptly freaked out... The only thing worse than ticks for me are internal parasites. If I even think of them, I shudder.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Two legs good, eight legs bad.
    Nice Orwell reference

Yeah, ticks are probably the most dangerous creatures you can find in the wild over here. I've removed many of them, both from pets and humans. For some reason they rarely attach themselves to me. Get them early enough and you're okay, sometimes I fear though that a small one will clamp itself on my head beneath the hair and stay hidden until I'm infected - and the hair will cause the usual red circles to go unnoticed.
    Last edited by Kralizec; 07-18-2012 at 15:29.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

How do you like these http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&tb...vTs-LlzQl8oIM:

Hurray! After at least a century doing fine without them... these.... THINGS are back in our rivers.

Edit: tics you can just tear out with a pincet, that drawing it in whatever direction is bull.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-18-2012 at 15:45.

I just ignore spiders lol. Once in a while, I clean up the mess they leave behind but I I just ignore them when they are sitting in some corner.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Edit: tics you can just tear out with a pincet, that drawing it in whatever direction is bull.
    The trick is that you have to get underneath the tick and pull it out entirely; otherwise some of the legs might stick (I should write poetry!). The greatest risk is that you "squeeze" it and it will discharge its stomach contents back into your bloodstream, increasing the chance of infection. They used to recommend that you pull them out with twisting motion, but apparently that's not necessary.
    The ones they usually market for pets are usually better than the ones for human use, IMO.

What's that zeeprik thing called in English?

nvm it's a sea lampray apparently.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Seems innocent enough:

Name:	mike.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	6340

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12