Thread: Lawton, Oklahoma, should not exist

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Lawton, Oklahoma, should not exist

So terrible, even by Okie standards.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Member thankful for this post:

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default Re: Lawton, Oklahoma, should not exist

#1: Born and raised there, 18 long, long years
    #2: Trying to clean the town up by forcing out all the strip clubs and massage parlors did not work, as the crime rate is higher today across the board
    #3: Extended family live there and will probably always live there, at least until the grandparents die. Have tried to get parents to move away for almost 20 years now
    #4: Lawton is where I got shot on a nice April evening in 2009, by a meth addict freaking out
    #5: Never visit unless forced to go to Ft Sill

If I could thank your post 30 times I would

**edit**
    Why are you there?
    Last edited by Major Robert Dump; 07-11-2012 at 22:33.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

I went to go visit an old friend who just so happened to be at Sill.

He has fallen for a local

Fool

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Locals are groomed from middle school to gun for a soldier. Every top-notch girl in my high school starting in the 10th grade was dating a GI. Obviously, that was less than legal and is more frowned upon now, and it certainly did not help the single mother statistics.

Watch out at the bars. Cowboys, white trash, gang bangers and soldiers make for a volatile mix. Every time I go to a bar there I end up either in a fight or talking myself out of one.

I would give you suggestions for entertainment, but there is none there.

I have a 390 pound niece who is single, if you are into obese ginger teenagers. My parents and paternal grandma would pay you to take her off their hands.

Also, could you go see my maternal grandmother? She has alzheimers, you you could pass yourself off as me and she would not know, and I would get credit for my bi-annual visit. If you really want a good time, tell her you are dating a black woman.

And try not to get shot down there in Little Chicago

Member thankful for this post:

She seems nice, sweet, and is in pretty good shape. Mind you, competition here is less than stellar.

Granted, that's all going to go to hell with the first kid and the subsequent ring. Granted, this guy just fell off the truck so it may be the best he can do.

I appreciate the familial invitations but I will pass, would not want to impose.

I saw a couple of girls who had the cutest little accents and that dumb "aw schucks" look on their face. They weren't half bad.

MRD comes from there...no wonder it is such a major dump...
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Total dump...

If you are still in town try the Railhead Saloon for some decent rock/metal shows and somewhat unopposing, stoned long-haired types. It may be empty though with the 311 show in dallas. At all the other bars you will get shot. The strip clubs outside city limits are a joke

The Wichita Mountains wild life refuge north of Ft Sill is an okay place to hike, fish, drive up to the top of a "mountain" so you can see how void the state is, go buffalo-tipping and if you drive deep enough in you can score some awesome buffalo burgers at Meers restaurant. This place was my refuge growing up