i was having some sleep problems and started thinking about the concept behinde rometotalwar2 and how it will develop further into the future with all the dlc´s and how modable it can be and i came up with a new wierd concept :\

what about if ca was to launch enginetotalwar and then sell their games as content for the engine this way it could be adjusted to what people really want in a game (even for some wierdos wanting to see an 18th english faction vs a 10th century french faction )

the prospect is ca as so far the best game engine available so they should focus on fixing it´s problems and making it it´s main product instead of just having it as suport for it´s games wich are basically always disapointing ever since rome total war so then they could sell the engine wich would be adaptable to diferent computers with diferent specs so they could also get the gamers with lower internet conections and weaker computers by selling them games wich they can actually play instead of having those players frustated by the lagging of the games (and seriously we´re talking about chinese indians and brasilians who atm aren´t the richest markets per capita but will soon enough become important markets )

this would also make launching a new game far easyer since they would only have to work out factions and maps while the engine would already be available so a chinese kingdom total war an american native total war and so forth and so forth would be easy to create and then sell

aslong as the engine was properly made it would only take like 1 update every 3 months to enhance it´s hability

atm ca/sega are limited to their hability to launch titles but what if they could just grab quite a few mods finetune them to their engine so as to maximize the mods and prevent compatability problems and sell them considering that the moding comunity is very dinamic and can draw from an endless pit of creativity they would never run out of either new content or new titles to launch

so advantages of this crazy concept:
- wider market range since atm they can only acess the markets where people can afford top of the line machines
- easyer to adress individual needs
- hability to sell far more content
- fidelization of the customer base
- hability to just recruit mods into their available dlc (i mean i would pay for an europabarbarorum that would be fine tuned as not to have a cdtc every 10 turns )
- virtually lack of borders for concepts and timelines for their game someone new will always show up with a new idea for a game
- consistent and regular income as opposed to invest a alot of money now and hope it pays up later
- hability to just work on several diferent projects at the same time and launch them whenever they are ready instead of having a crazy deadline that won´t be able to be met

the concept is ca sells their game engine and throws in some games (or car chassis ) and then starts to work from a direct bussiness to consumer base instead of the regular bussiness to distributer base allows mod teams to develop products and then finetunes those same products for those willing to pay for a more stable version of those same mods while suporting the mod comunity by providing them with tools to allow them creativity in their processes

bllizzard as done it thanks to the wow i think ca made an attempt at it with spartan but they still lack the right concept