Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB2 Dev Blog discussion

Default Re: EB2 Dev Blog discussion

I second the request for some Armoured Horse-Archers or some ballsy armoured Eastern Horsemen in general!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by machinor View Post
    I second the request for some Armoured Horse-Archers or some ballsy armoured Eastern Horsemen in general!
    Hmm ...

I'd like to see more of Massylia. There hasn't been any word on them since they were announced.

I want to see some campaign map pics. It doesn't even need to have the factions on it. I just want to see some city locations and some PSF's so I can start plotting out some expansion plans. But really, any preview is a welcome sight.

Keep up the good work and don't rush it....I've got a Bactrian campaign to finish in EBI anyway.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Thank you Tux!!! :O

The Bouiroi sure expand fast lol
    I know understand the hinted "White Death", the team was dealing with XD
    I particularly like the winter trees ^^
    The cavalry kopides look amazing aswell!

Plus scales armoured HAs: YES!!!
    Last edited by Arjos; 03-06-2013 at 10:06.

Gorgeous. I like some cool details like the mines almost atop mountain peaks in Spain, and much more...

Damn, I'm getting my hopes up again.

Very nice!!! Thanks for the campaign pics Tux. I'm really liking the mountains around Medilanon, very imposing. Also, is that 2 PSF's I see around Pantikapaion?

The units look top-notch as always. Can't wait to see more.

No, those are watchtowers. PSF's aren't currently integrated in that area, we're currently placing them and deciding which and where to add.

Great stuff, I have to say, apart from Rivers, fords and water in general the Map really looks much like later(than M2TW) Total war games. The elevation, the scarcely farmland texture, really looks much more realistic than many M2TW mods.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the first info on the Bosporans since they were revealed Small little bonus, I like the way the border has been redrawn around Ak-Ink. It was a very strange province in EB.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Thank you guys so much for the great screenshots! Really like what you're doing with the campaign map; it looks beautiful. I do find it curious that there are two settlements in Gaul (Lugdunon and Uiennos) practically next to each other, as seen in the Alps screenshot. I'd personally rather have another settlement in Iberia, but I can't pretend to be an expert.

Those Eastern cavalry units look awesome! I planned to start my very first EB2-campaign as Carthage or Boii but I'm afraid I'll have to switch to Baktria instead.

Great stuff al around, you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Thank you guys so much for the great screenshots! Really like what you're doing with the campaign map; it looks beautiful. I do find it curious that there are two settlements in Gaul (Lugdunon and Uiennos) practically next to each other, as seen in the Alps screenshot. I'd personally rather have another settlement in Iberia, but I can't pretend to be an expert.
    Well note that some of the Alpine settlements are no longer located there anymore so you may still get some extra settlements in Iberia.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Well to me it makes an awful lot of sense to have both Lugdunum and Viennos.

The campaign map looks great. I like how dispersed the cities are in many areas. It gives more room for land battles. Oh, and the mountain ranges look absolutely fabulous!

I'm liking the previews and sneak-peaks so far. If I would request anything other than what has already been requested it would be some sort of sneak-peak at some of the gameplay mechanisms; a little more about how government and associated buildings will work, for example, of PSFs etc.

Love the campaign map, but...

1) I notice that Jerusalem has disappeared? What gives with that?

2) Is the central, mountain part of Sardinia under "Eremos"-control?
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Personally, I think they've gone overboard with permanent stone forts. Looks too clustered, and I fear that field battles (i.e., fun battles) are going to be extremely rare in certain regions. Welcome to siegeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaertecken View Post
    2) Is the central, mountain part of Sardinia under "Eremos"-control?
    Yeah, they stated a while back that certain parts of the map that historically no one really bothered to conquer would be regulated to Eremos. Central Sardinia, western Ireland, and parts of Russia were amongst those areas. Not sure what purpose it serves in terms of gameplay, but I guess it's intended to be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Personally, I think they've gone overboard with permanent stone forts. Looks too clustered, and I fear that field battles (i.e., fun battles) are going to be extremely rare in certain regions. Welcome to siegeworld.
    Not at all. All those PSFs will have non-siege battles. Imagine them as settlements that the armies will move against, but then clash in a open field.

The big advantage of this is that now you can have "real" battles. Instead of having small-size stacks roaming the campaign map, we can make the AI consolidate in these positions, so when the players attack them, he will face enormous armies in a open battlefield.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaertecken View Post
    1) I notice that Jerusalem has disappeared? What gives with that?
    Because during most of EB's time period, the Ptolemaioi ruled this area, and their administrative center was the old city of Acre (which they called Ptolemais-Akko). We will have Jerusalem (Hyerosolima) and other important cities in this area, as PSFs.

Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    Not at all. All those PSFs will have non-siege battles. Imagine them as settlements that the armies will move against, but then clash in a open field.

The big advantage of this is that now you can have "real" battles. Instead of having small-size stacks roaming the campaign map, we can make the AI consolidate in these positions, so when the players attack them, he will face enormous armies in a open battlefield.
    That sounds like a really well worked out solution. And the PSFs also offer economic benefits, I take it?

GENIUS!! - tho sicily still really looks VERY crowded indeed.

I also like the idea of more "eremos" around the world, for gameplay this will probably mean, more reb... eleutheroi and not being able to build Guardtowers there. Will there be more regions like Sardina with a "mini-Eremos" that are not shown on the Map(you uploaded)?
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    Fascinating! I'm very much relieved to know this, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Sempronius Gracchus View Post
    And the PSFs also offer economic benefits, I take it?
    Indirectly, perhaps. The engine doesn't recognize them as separated from the region's settlement economy, so if by chance we had a region with the settlement in faction X and a PSF in faction Y, any economical benefits would be directed to faction X and not Y. So, we'll need to consider another solution.

so no invisible immovable merchants in PSFs?
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

From what I can remember of the British Isles campaign in the Kingdoms expansion pack, PSFs gave free upkeep to a limited number of units stationed there. Is that particular form of indirect economic benefit going to apply to EB2?

So would these be the starting positions? Anything should be different?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34j3wbd.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	8954  
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Almost. Pritanoi start in Arduon now, you need to move the Lusotanann into the province to the north of the one you have them in, and Aedui and Arverni are restricted to one province each.

EDIT: Also, the Bosporans only start with one half of the Crimea.
    Last edited by Brennus; 04-02-2013 at 21:29.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

IIRC Sweboz only hold the upper province, Averni and Aedui territories do not touch, Pritanoi start in arduon, Boii do not have a province in northern italy also, you sure about Nabateans starting there? I thought they started in Edom. other than that good work!
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Almost there.
    It wouldn't be fun if we tell all the starting positions accurately. It would spoil the pleasure of discovery.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast