Thread: Spread revolution to other countries?

Default Spread revolution to other countries?

Hello,
    During the single player grand campaign can i use diplomacy to "spread" revolutionary sentiment? I was thinking i could give the revolutionary philosophies to other monarchies to destabilize their governments.
    Is there any possible way to do any of this?
    i really wish you could and if you can't then how cool would it be to utilize subversion and try to destroy other empires from the inside using it's people as "usefull idiots" before you come through with your armies and take over.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Spread revolution to other countries?

You can offer to give technologies to others. You can also offer to trade, sell and buy technologies. They will not always agree even to gifts though, if I remember correctly. You may need to give them everything leading up to the developments but they may need to build the buildings before they can have them, even as a gift.You can offer to give technologies to others. You can also offer to trade, sell and buy technologies. They will not always agree even to gifts though, if I remember correctly. You may need to give them everything leading up to the developments but they may need to build the buildings before they can have them, even as a gift.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Default Re: Spread revolution to other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    You can offer to give technologies to others. You can also offer to trade, sell and buy technologies. They will not always agree even to gifts though, if I remember correctly. You may need to give them everything leading up to the developments but they may need to build the buildings before they can have them, even as a gift.You can offer to give technologies to others. You can also offer to trade, sell and buy technologies. They will not always agree even to gifts though, if I remember correctly. You may need to give them everything leading up to the developments but they may need to build the buildings before they can have them, even as a gift.
    thanks i didn't know you could trade TECH awesome
    i was thinking of giving my enemies revolutionary thought from the institutions i haven't started a revolution yet......sigh

have you guys ever intentionally given people political "ideas" that stirred up a revolution
    you see my dream is to conquer the world without using an army
    i want a faction without a homeland an "illuminati" so to speak
    i want to create a political elite that go about and sack nations through subversive politics
    i was thinking of being the dutch because their trade and their small amount of land
    what i want to essentially do is watch the world burn with revolution and then sweep in with a small force to take the capitals during the turmoil
    i just want to get as rich and powerful as possible without even getting my hands dirty and watch my enemies go bankrupt as i prosper
    has anyone played a campaign like this?
    is winning through diplomacy possible?
    Last edited by wal_martian; 08-02-2012 at 21:31.