Thread: Government Glitch

Default Government Glitch

I am having a problem with my government and technology and im wondering if you guys could help me clear this up
    Ok i just converted to a republic and i heard the benefits are that you won't have to suffer from "Clamour for Reform" whenever you develop your philosophical tech. Except the problem is i look on the tree and it says the negative impacts of developing these techs will still lead to clamour for reform. Has anyone else experienced this?
    im going to go ahead and research a few and create a extra save but im wondering if there is no difference between my republic and my old monarchy. Under the old monarchy things were still stable and i had allies. Now everyone around me hates my guts and is hostile.
    Does revolution normally bring about this kind of change? The only benefit i received is the fact that my people are alot happier but besides that i am suffering?
    Is it because the revolutionaries killed my king? Are the fellow monarchs all threatened by this sort of change?
    Last edited by wal_martian; 08-09-2012 at 17:00.

Default Re: Government Glitch

anyone?
    now russia and ottomans are going as hard as they possible can i managed to hold them off and even take a few territories from them
    but as soon as peace is declared they just return in a few turns to start more battles
    i can't have this seeing as how the maratha confederacy is turning into a friggin empire and any day they will be smashing through russia and attacking my austrian republic
    Is there any way to make total peace with these people. Or are the russians and ottomans really that bloodthirsty? I remember Poland was extremely aggressive but i already took care of them.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Government Glitch

ETW hates the player. The game gods are out to get you. Get NTW and give that a go.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain