Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55

Thread: Release plan

  1. #1
    Member Member Brucaliffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Between Mediolanum and Laus Pompeia.
    Posts
    28

    Default Release plan

    Hello!

    First of all: i know EBII will be released when ready!

    I just would like to know what will be the release plan.
    Is still the Gaza campaign planned to be released before EBII? Like some kind of demo..

    What's the time schedule now?

    I say again, i'm not asking a release date, just an idea based on progress done so far: we could see EBII or Gaza campaign released before 2013? Is this possible?

    Thank you very much!!!

  2. #2
    Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Korieltauuon.
    Posts
    4,543

    Default Re: Release plan

    I can't comment on the release date I am afraid, although as soon as it is ready it will be released. There were plans to release the Gaza Campaign as a teaser, however it was recently brought to the team's attention that another MTWII mod had been stealing material from EB and the EBII previews in order to flesh out that mod's units. Action has since been taken and the mod in question has, we hope, had its forum shut down. However the fact this mod had got as far as it did from using the old EB material and EBII previews alone has meant that the team is highly unlikely to release the Gaza Campaign before EBII is ready for fear of this mod (or others) stealing more material and hence credit from the skinners, modellers and artists who spent so long producing it.

    I should also like to add that I (and the rest of the team) will not reveal the name of the mod which was stealing material, the last thing we want is for thieves to receive more credit by people seeking them out, even if it is only out of curiosity.



    donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius


  3. #3
    Member Member helenos aiakides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Curitiba
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Release plan

    That's really disappointing, on several levels.

    Stealing from previews?

  4. #4
    Bored Member Tux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Romania, Klausenburg
    Posts
    7,761

    Default Re: Release plan

    Previews, Eb1, RS2 und so weiter...

  5. #5
    urk! Member bobbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tin Isles
    Posts
    3,666

    Default Re: Release plan

    Just to clear up something, we actually ditched the Gaza campaign because it was the personal project of a team member who subsequently left and no none felt it was worth continuing as it detracted from our work on the main mod.


  6. #6
    Member Member Ca Putt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Release plan

    oh, I did not know that. Sad to hear, on the other hand I wasn't as fond of the motto anyhow. So now you are planning to make a full(as in most factions, original map size etc.) release as a first release?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    I can't comment on the release date I am afraid, although as soon as it is ready it will be released. There were plans to release the Gaza Campaign as a teaser, however it was recently brought to the team's attention that another MTWII mod had been stealing material from EB and the EBII previews in order to flesh out that mod's units. Action has since been taken and the mod in question has, we hope, had its forum shut down. However the fact this mod had got as far as it did from using the old EB material and EBII previews alone has meant that the team is highly unlikely to release the Gaza Campaign before EBII is ready for fear of this mod (or others) stealing more material and hence credit from the skinners, modellers and artists who spent so long producing it.

    I should also like to add that I (and the rest of the team) will not reveal the name of the mod which was stealing material, the last thing we want is for thieves to receive more credit by people seeking them out, even if it is only out of curiosity.
    Imitation and flattery spring to mind...

  8. #8
    COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Just to clear up something, we actually ditched the Gaza campaign because it was the personal project of a team member who subsequently left
    Argh! Well good to know that the main release gets all the resources, but the Gaza tutorial was a very neat idea ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by SoFarSoGood View Post
    Imitation and flattery spring to mind...
    Without consent and credit? Not kewl XD

  9. #9
    Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    780

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Just to clear up something, we actually ditched the Gaza campaign because it was the personal project of a team member who subsequently left and no none felt it was worth continuing as it detracted from our work on the main mod.
    Sounds smart. I remember thinking earlier on (as in, years ago) that the idea of the gaza campaign wasn't very good. A (slightly) different time and focus meant that resources were being diverted away. Plus, i am not very interested in what I imagined would be the focus. Good luck though.

    As for people stealing material...regardless on my views of the Gaza Campaign, I would think that actually getting something released rather than just holding off would actually be better. Once you have some real content out there as opposed to potential vaporware then there is a real presence in the community and people would be less willing or at least less able to steal something and get away with it.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

  10. #10
    Bored Member Tux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Romania, Klausenburg
    Posts
    7,761

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    oh, I did not know that. Sad to hear, on the other hand I wasn't as fond of the motto anyhow. So now you are planning to make a full(as in most factions, original map size etc.) release as a first release?
    Yep. ~200 unique units and other features.

  11. #11
    Member Member sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Release plan

    argh!

    i was hoping for some news...

  12. #12
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    Yep. ~200 unique units and other features.
    For comparison's sake, how many did EB1 release with? I only jumped on board with 1.2.
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

  13. #13
    Member Member moonburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Release plan

    the latest updates seem very promissing ^^ particulary the undisclosed arevaci faction altough if one ponders the new tribal sistem it will probably be the celtiberians with arevaci leading them

  14. #14
    Philosophical systems engineer Member Tuuvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The wild west
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    For comparison's sake, how many did EB1 release with? I only jumped on board with 1.2.
    I started playing with 0.74. There were no Saka Rauka or Saba. Some factions were unplayable and some, like Pontos, only had basic units. EB was very incomplete, and campaign breaking CTD's and bugs were common.

  15. #15
    Member Member Ca Putt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Release plan

    particulary the undisclosed arevaci faction altough if one ponders the new tribal sistem it will probably be the celtiberians with arevaci leading them
    What did I miss? Can you give me a link to that statement?(not that I would not believe you, I'm just keen on reading it myself)

  16. #16
    COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: Release plan

    He was paraphrasing the new post in the Dev-Blog :)

  17. #17
    Member Member Sir Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    I started playing with 0.74. There were no Saka Rauka or Saba. Some factions were unplayable and some, like Pontos, only had basic units. EB was very incomplete, and campaign breaking CTD's and bugs were common.
    Very early 0.7x had the Yeuzhi as a playable faction. There was much debate about whether they were historically that far west at the start of the game. In 0.74 they were removed but no other faction filled that faction slot. I think it was 0.8 that Saka and Saba were implemented, and the Yuezhi were downgraded from playable faction to a couple scripted armies in later versions.


    1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

  18. #18
    Member Member moonburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    What did I miss? Can you give me a link to that statement?(not that I would not believe you, I'm just keen on reading it myself)
    undisclosed means the developers team havenīintroduced it yet i just tend to believe that itīs the arevaci the leading tribe of numantia and the celtiberians

  19. #19
    Member Member Khazar_Dahvos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On a Navy ship
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Release plan

    i also remember the very first public release, despite the game breaking ctd's and incomplete factions.... i found it still better than any other mod out there!! That release prompted me in the future to actually join the forums instead of being a souless lurker for years!!!!
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 08-12-2012 at 01:16.

  20. #20
    Philosophical systems engineer Member Tuuvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The wild west
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Edward View Post
    Very early 0.7x had the Yeuzhi as a playable faction. There was much debate about whether they were historically that far west at the start of the game. In 0.74 they were removed but no other faction filled that faction slot. I think it was 0.8 that Saka and Saba were implemented, and the Yuezhi were downgraded from playable faction to a couple scripted armies in later versions.
    Yea I remember that, they were the first faction I tried. They were incomplete and not playable though, they only had a couple of units you could recruit and horse archers were really expensive.

  21. #21
    Member Member Ca Putt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Release plan

    undisclosed means the developers team havenīintroduced it yet i just tend to believe that itīs the arevaci the leading tribe of numantia and the celtiberians
    ah, my bad. I read disclosed. Apart from that, That would be my hunch aswell.

  22. #22
    Member Member lionhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: Release plan

    As much as i love europa barbarorum from the years iv spent playing it to the people on the forums i feel let down by EB 2's over all progress, i mean rome 2 will be out before it!, theirs been barely any updates on whats going on and so much of the community has adrift, my general feeling is that the mod has almost been forgot about, i remember thinking in 2009 "i cant wait for the mod its so exciting", then every week checking the forums for news, iv barely been on for the last year and things havnt changed, actually they have its just go quieter :S sorry to put things so dull but its just how i feel :(((( i really hope things start moving faster because it really feels like no 1 involved in the making of this mod is interested any more :S. enjoy summer and i hope we canhave EB2 in 2013..... :S
    From Olaf the Great


    "Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

  23. #23
    COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: Release plan

    Last edited by Arjos; 08-29-2012 at 22:17.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Release plan

    Don't eat a half cooked chicken.

  25. #25
    Philosophical systems engineer Member Tuuvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The wild west
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    As much as i love europa barbarorum from the years iv spent playing it to the people on the forums i feel let down by EB 2's over all progress, i mean rome 2 will be out before it!, theirs been barely any updates on whats going on and so much of the community has adrift, my general feeling is that the mod has almost been forgot about, i remember thinking in 2009 "i cant wait for the mod its so exciting", then every week checking the forums for news, iv barely been on for the last year and things havnt changed, actually they have its just go quieter :S sorry to put things so dull but its just how i feel :(((( i really hope things start moving faster because it really feels like no 1 involved in the making of this mod is interested any more :S. enjoy summer and i hope we canhave EB2 in 2013..... :S
    The EB II forums can get pretty quiet sometimes, but if you check the twitter thread, previews, and the new dev blog you'll see that they've made a lot of progress since you were last active. I think the reason EB II is taking a lot longer than EB I is because they're doing a lot more with it than they did with EB I, plus there are 10 more factions that have to be researched and created. I also think that the initial release is going to be a lot more complete than the first release of EB I, which was only partly playable. And if you remember from one of the early stela, they are building this one from the ground up.

    I get the feeling that EB II is going to be released sooner rather than later, because it seems like a lot has been finished.

  26. #26
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    The EB II forums can get pretty quiet sometimes, but if you check the twitter thread, previews, and the new dev blog you'll see that they've made a lot of progress since you were last active. I think the reason EB II is taking a lot longer than EB I is because they're doing a lot more with it than they did with EB I, plus there are 10 more factions that have to be researched and created. I also think that the initial release is going to be a lot more complete than the first release of EB I, which was only partly playable. And if you remember from one of the early stela, they are building this one from the ground up.

    I get the feeling that EB II is going to be released sooner rather than later, because it seems like a lot has been finished.
    I'm certain it'll be out before Rome 2, as well (which itself is being released only in fall-winter 2013, quite some time away).
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

  27. #27
    Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    780

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    I'm certain it'll be out before Rome 2,
    Can never be certain of anything. I expect sources backing up this statement.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

  28. #28
    Member Member moonburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Release plan

    considering the speed at wich the game is being moded and considering the hardship of trying to manipulate it unleass some new tools come out i wonīt be expecting a "full" release before 2014 maybe they can send out some mini missions like the mediterranean world or the western world mini games or something but the full release i have too many doubts all the work as probably been scheduled but people have a tendency to forget that just because itīs doable it can go faster and programing is something that is very dull and takes itīs times

    itīs like building a house every brick must go into their proper place and that normally takes alot of time even if itīs not breathtaking original mindbogling work itīs still part of the process and itīs still time consuming

  29. #29
    Member Member helenos aiakides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Curitiba
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by moonburn View Post
    considering the speed at wich the game is being moded and considering the hardship of trying to manipulate it unleass some new tools come out i wonīt be expecting a "full" release before 2014 maybe they can send out some mini missions like the mediterranean world or the western world mini games or something but the full release i have too many doubts all the work as probably been scheduled but people have a tendency to forget that just because itīs doable it can go faster and programing is something that is very dull and takes itīs times

    itīs like building a house every brick must go into their proper place and that normally takes alot of time even if itīs not breathtaking original mindbogling work itīs still part of the process and itīs still time consuming
    Don't be silly

  30. #30
    That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lower Peninsula, Michigan
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Release plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Can never be certain of anything. I expect sources backing up this statement.
    Insider info. Sorry, can't compromise my sources.
    + =

    3x for this, this, and this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •