Thread: How to deal with the Maratha's(I'm playing as Austria)

Default How to deal with the Maratha's(I'm playing as Austria)

Hello, Does anyone have any experience in dealing with the Maratha's while playing as Austria?
    Ok i have an almost fully upgraded army and economy the only thing I'm really lacking is a strong navy(im below the steam powered port level only 2nd rate ships and not a lot of them) How do the Maratha's fight? What should i expect from them and what units should i recruit in the meantime. I expanded my empire into Russia and have only a few territories between them. Persia is gone and even though i traded them pretty much all of my technology they couldn't hold them off for more than a few years. My allies never go to war with me(they agree to but they never send any troops). The Maratha's have all shown that they are a bunch of aggressive expansionists and have taken over almost every neighboring nation. They are currently destroying the Ottoman's and i have a feeling they are going to be showing up at my gates any year now. They have almost double the prestige(i have the highest European prestige)
    Will colonizing the pirate nation help?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: How to deal with the Maratha's(I'm playing as Austria)

Check out the other threads on this. I think I talked about how I handle them in one or two places. Austria needs ships and to invade India in force. They will come in masses. Your tactics are the key to winning. Don’t auto resolve. You will just die needlessly.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain