Thread: Rank fire vs Platoon fire Complete nonsense

Default Rank fire vs Platoon fire Complete nonsense

I know this may be destroying your idea over the game but as Generally Empire is a Great dissapointment

And recently i realised that both firing modes are completle unhistorical .

Rank fire was more used from Tercio and Maurice of Nassau of formation in era that firepower was really slow and mass pikemen formations covered them . \

Platoon fire was in use but from ENTIRE plattons not by one unit the logic was to keep some units not firing in order to have some constant cover of the field with lead in order not alloy cavalry to attack .

Even in the game you realise that fire from all ranks is more effective

Default Re: Rank fire vs Platoon fire Complete nonsense

yea i like fire by rank alot better, but i like the platoon firing for certain units like the elite foot guards(siemenovski coldstream etc.) they literally do not stop shooting because their reload time is so short. I wish we could change firing modes on the fly like unit formation. Right now only elites and grenadiers practice platoon firing and only line infantry practices fire by rank.

i wish they had more firing modes and the reloading is pretty stupid i think they take longer than they should.
    but even though the firing is historically inaccurate they needed ways you could upgrade your units.
    I think they should be selectable and involved with the unit grouping.
    like if i group 4 units and select platoon firing it would be like they said.
    Last edited by wal_martian; 08-30-2012 at 01:59.