Thread: reinforcement problem

Default reinforcement problem

I find that my STW reinforcements come from any direction instead of from their "owners" edge of the map. This happens even though I'm all patched up, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Any idea why? I have the Gold Edition as published by Sold-Out Software, which I just found out is a British company. Maybe I need a different version of the patch than the American one?
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Default Re: reinforcement problem

Well, actually it turns out I am not all patched up. I started up the game and noticed that it still says it is 1.0. I don't know why because when I patched up ages ago, it appeared to happen without a hitch, and there didn't seem to be a hitch when I tried again recently. No error messages or anything.

Oh well, I guess I have my answer. I am not really patched up and for some reason my PC isn't letting me patch up.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

It may be that you have patched up. I have the Gold edition and when I patched up it did not change the version number given on the starting screen.

Did your reinforcement problem go away?

Arthur Conan Doyle

Yes, I think that it did... but my memory on that is a bit vague. The patch is certainly meant to fix that.

Do all your troops move at the same walking speed, or do your Ashigaru walk faster than your Samurai? I ask because assuming that you have not otherwise changed your troop stats, the former will indicate that you are patched, that latter that you are not.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Ditto for my game...Sold Out Software Gold Edition. Patched but does not show the update on the start screen. Reinforcements arrive where they should...on each army's respective starting side of the map.
    High Plains Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by feelotraveller View Post
    Do all your troops move at the same walking speed, or do your Ashigaru walk faster than your Samurai? I ask because assuming that you have not otherwise changed your troop stats, the former will indicate that you are patched, that latter that you are not.
    Well, I'm not completely sure. I think that the ashi walk faster, but I'd better check. Sounds like it is time to introduce to preindustrial Japan that well known Olympic sport - race walking.

Arthur Conan Doyle

OK. My Yari Samurai walk at the same speed as my Yari Ashi. That shows I'm patched? Then the reinfocement issue remains a mystery.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    OK. My Yari Samurai walk at the same speed as my Yari Ashi. That shows I'm patched? Then the reinfocement issue remains a mystery.
    I would think you are patched. (To be precise you have the troop stats which were introduced with the patch, so that part certainly happened.)

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Upon firing up a new game (haven't played one in several years), my start screen shows v1.02 (WE edition) so I don't know what's going on with your install
    High Plains Drifter