Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Doctor Willenloss and his splendid invention, or... [Concluded]

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Doctor Willenloss and his splendid invention, or... [IN PLAY]

Nah, he was a traitor from the start and knew who we were, but all we knew was that a woman was working for us.
    Last edited by Arjos; 09-18-2012 at 21:25.

Well, losing to one of the best teams imaginable isn't so bad.

I had planned to rewind tomorrow, after picking through the kill and results to totally clear one player.

I'm going to gather all the little scum-tells Pizza dropped on the key Days 2 and 3. There are a few.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

It was fun roleblocking people and hoping it would be helpful to my teammates. Because they didn't always match up as a rational plan, it was used as evidence of fakery, when really, I just wanted my mates to kill either the bodyguards or the Doctor at long last, and they kept hitting other people.

The doctor and the bodyguards were vulnerable almost every night. I made sure of that. I could always claim to be roleblocked, since I was the roleblocker.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I should have kept pushing the ATPG lynch after I revealed and was no longer in danger. I chalked it up to a crazy gut feeling but I was right.....

Also, I pretty much knew Arjos was scum because I saw him lurking the thread in invisible mode for about an hour after Monty requested his night info. I didn't say anything about it because that's totally a mod power abuse (unintended but I couldn't unsee it).
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Ah ah ah XD
    We wanted to get rid of blockers and "confirmed" townies, to have leeway and "open" lynch phases...
    Not to mention, after seeing that time-rewind, I personally started to imagine all kind of mechanics with the doc and preferred to keep him in a "controlled" status lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Also, I pretty much knew Arjos was scum because I saw him lurking the thread in invisible mode for about an hour after Monty requested his night info. I didn't say anything about it because that's totally a mod power abuse (unintended but I couldn't unsee it).
    ^^

Also to note Ironside's game: total boss, he didn't do a thing, night-action wise ahahhahaha
    Actually the only action, was to disappear, so even more funny XD
    Last edited by Arjos; 09-18-2012 at 21:38.

This is just through D4.

Quote Originally Posted by First
    Townie called for a mass reveal after the game is essentially over and nothing but townies had died. Nobody backed him up except me. We insisted on the reveal, and said we would vote for ourselves and therefore hold the game hostage unless there was a mass reveal.

The folks who insisted it was a horrible idea for the town WERE THE MAFIA. The townies complied.

We lynched 5 of the scumbags in a row and won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Second
    Three mafia? What about 3 mafia and a sk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Third
    He who reveals last, reveals least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourth
    Lies are difficult to make up on the spot. You have to be confident they'll work even after other people claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth
    My question to you is why do all scumbags, across forums, with different personalities, who haven't even heard of one another, act the same way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixth
    Yes this is all very sense-making, I say while nodding convincingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventh
    But I can fail to protect you every night no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighth
    It occurs to me, the obvious counter to all of this is a communist roleblocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninth
    Mafia has absolutely nothing to combat all that with if it's all true. It cannot be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenth
    SK gotta die, Monty. They don't get redeemed, didn't Andres teach you that?[...]Simply put, you're being a dreamer in a situation where pragmatism rules and is the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh
    You're right about one thing, there's no need when we have the time and the lynches and the suspects narrowed down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth
    Don't be knocking those with little faith, now.

I may not be a dyed-in-the-wood communist but I share the whole non-religion thing.

Ok fair enough I might be a dyed in the wool communist. I wanted the universal healthcare. Yeah I think food should be an inalienable right.

OH

OH EMPTY VOID WHERE OUR PRAYERS GO TO DIE

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I"M NOT A MURDERER

I AM A TOWNIEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteenth
    Must be frustrating as all heck for the scum to have to deal with a mass-reviver role.

If town doesn't win this game as a massive curb-stomp I am going to be surprised.
    Vitiate Man.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

You forgot the part about the "People's Elbow" and the "People's Champion".
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    If I had to guess based on the past day’s conversation, I’d say the last three (if there are three) scum are Ishmael, Arjos and Pizza. You guys are trying your damndest to direct the lynch in a manner that is beneficial to a scum win. I fear that today is critical in who we lynch, and if I am the one that is lynched then it may well be impossible for the town to win this. Unless of course we can rewind time again and get a bunch of do-overs.
    Looks like the only thing I was wrong about was the amount of time left in the day. Someday people will start listening to me.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Please tell me what do you think about game balance.
    I was a little bit affraid when I introduced 3 + 1 mafia, but I explained my reasons earlier. Do you think game was balanced?

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Well, at least I got that. Jesus, no wonder Ironside willingly went off. Wow.

Four Commies? You had a recruiter, didn't you? No wonder Pizza was never going on and on about possible recruiting abilities.

I won't misjudge you again, Jarema.
    Yep, it was fun going from extremly suspect to totally innocent. I would probably have jumped myself if I was still under suspicion, but survived the day. I assume the time jump was to roleblock me? I didn't ask because of Arjos.

Partial screwup on my part for ending up there. I was thinking on revealing earlier, before it became clear that all others had extra abillities, but waited over the night. Tired in the morning, scimming the thread, seeing me getting voted on, responding quickly in the way planned before (and as a mafia godmother, expecting good cover). Then a few hours later, hey wasn't almost everybody having abillities? That can be a problem.

Bonuspoints for going Brickface screwed up, I wanted to be investigated, to oh ATPG, that went brilliant.

Brickface, did you get the message, or did you pretend to just to confuse us? As said in the qt, you were doing a very nice job of fooling us on who the traitor was.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Also to note Ironside's game: total boss, he didn't do a thing, night-action wise ahahhahaha
    Actually the only action, was to disappear, so even more funny XD
    That's called delegation. It is probably record on least active mafia winner I think, in particular as time jumping counts negative (since it reduces the number of nights being active).

And well done fellow revolutionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    Please tell me what do you think about game balance.
    I was a little bit affraid when I introduced 3 + 1 mafia, but I explained my reasons earlier. Do you think game was balanced?
    I think so. 2 as base. +1 for the serial killer. +1 for mass resurrection. The traitor mechanic was nice with it's lack of synchronisation and weaker than a full 4 man team. 3 man team maybe. 2 +1 too weak.
    Would the police find ATPG as a traitor?

Complaint about the godfather standing out on lack of abillities and this not really being known, but you knew that already.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Regardless of power roles, 1/3 of players as anti-town is always pushing it IMO. Had there been at least 18...
    Vitiate Man.

As I said at the start of the QT - I love being communist .

Well played everybody, as you can see it the quicktopic you had us worried at times. ATPG, kudos for having the guts to back the call for a mass reveal - I thought it would be a hindrance at first, but it turned out to be one of our major advantages in the end.

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Good job mafia! I need to learn to trust my gut more. I had doubts on most of you, but I didn't always speak up. Pizza you swine, I knew never to trust you fully (never do), but I thought we had more time for me to accuse you. I was still thinking at most there would have been 3 mafia total.
    Thanks Jarema for a great game. Very interesting concept in this game that I've never played before. A lot of twisted player roles and powers.

Oh, well maybe next time town.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

One question for you Jarema - what was with every man and his dog getting our supposedly secret message to the traitor? (as an aside, it's good that we didn't run with "Our beloved Comrade Pizza" like Arjos proposed at one stage )

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    it's good that we didn't run with "Our beloved Comrade Pizza" like Arjos proposed at one stage
    Ahahahah that would've been hilarious XD

One question for you Jarema - what was with every man and his dog getting our supposedly secret message to the traitor? (as an aside, it's good that we didn't run with "Our beloved Comrade Pizza" like Arjos proposed at one stage )
    Every assistant, professor Willess, and doctor Willenloss had a chance of geting it... IF they were not doing anything at night (if they were sitting at their homes, they were assumed to listen to the radio, and your message was sent through radio program)

Default Re: Doctor Willenloss and his splendid invention, or... [Concluded]

As for scans:

1. for policewoman: godfather and traitor scanned innocent, also Igor if he pretended to be his brother, all other characters scanned accurate - but framer might frame them
    2. for role-scanners: the only rolescanner was in mafia. Igor would scan as vigilante, or, if in his brother guise, as a professor
    3. after death: godfather, traitor, and all Willenloss family would be described as "not clear"

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    This is just through D4.
    There wasn't a thing I said this game that was townie. But that's because I was mafia.

I should point out I risked a lot by constantly nudging you guys in the right direction, saying things like:

1) The communists are hiding among the bodyguards. Myself and Arjos were communist.

2) There were more than two communists, obviously

3) Commies had a roleblocker, namely me

4) You should have double-protected people if you actually wanted them protected, since I could roleblock anyone. Having Arjos protect the same person Chaotix did meant we couldn't realistically attack that person without outing Arjos as scum.

5) I told you that our openly stating of our night actions would help the communists counter them. I was correct.

6) The folks that would have difficulty or look odd in a mass claim were the communists. 2 extra doctors, a guy who couldn't do anything, and yet another scanner? Please.

I would have said a lot of that same as townie, because it's true and it's anti-mafia. But, I believe I can still win regardless of the good advice I gave you.

The mass claim hurt the town, but if you were skeptical of the duplicate roles, it would have been curtains for them.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    You forgot the part about the "People's Elbow" and the "People's Champion".
    Chaotix was correct, this was a blatant slap in the face of the town. I should have been lynched immediately here.

I was feeling cocky as hell by this point. Had the town running scared. A lot more confident than my teammates who thought they were doomed and overpowered.

I'm such a stinker.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Looks like the only thing I was wrong about was the amount of time left in the day. Someday people will start listening to me.
    I would have if I wasn't trying to get you dead. You made perfect sense to me and I thought it was ridiculously obvious that you weren't mafia. But, the whole twins thing gave me an opening I didn't earn, but certainly hammered.

Had that round actually mattered, it would have been another one where the town suffered a defeat. Mesmerized, I think they called it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Yeah, I kept waiting for someone - anyone - to back me up!
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

As I said at the start of the QT - I love being communist .

Well played everybody, as you can see it the quicktopic you had us worried at times. ATPG, kudos for having the guts to back the call for a mass reveal - I thought it would be a hindrance at first, but it turned out to be one of our major advantages in the end.
    I generally do not play scared. A mass reveal is extremely useful to a roleblocker in particular, mind you.

I wanted to know who I needed to block to be the best use to you. I blocked people who tried to scan you, for example. Diana.

You have to be sure town can capitalize on the info; run properly, a town can do so. But this one suffered a bit by lack of reasoning on certain candidates and not enough pressure on others.

I was rarely put in a position of having to support via vote a lynch on my comrades. Made it easier to not vote for them.

We don't win the endgame; town would be too cleared and the rest would be too suspected and not cleared. We needed to win while our group was still mostly alive. I played specifically for a shutout, because any decent score by town would have been disastrous for us IMO, it extends the game and allows more time reversals, revivals, do-overs.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

4) You should have double-protected people if you actually wanted them protected, since I could roleblock anyone. Having Arjos protect the same person Chaotix did meant we couldn't realistically attack that person without outing Arjos as scum.

5) I told you that our openly stating of our night actions would help the communists counter them. I was correct.

6) The folks that would have difficulty or look odd in a mass claim were the communists. 2 extra doctors, a guy who couldn't do anything, and yet another scanner? Please.
    4. I didn't want anyone in particular protected on any night, at least not more so than others. Of course, once the towniest player was killed, I realized I should have doubled on them. But that's hindsight.

5. My fatal error in this game was assuming I had far more time than I really did. Two scum was a definite error. But after lynching Robbie, I figured we could just grind the scum through attrition and...

6. By that same logic, I would have lynched you, Diana, Brick...

Which witch is which?

Anyway, I think there have been enough crushing 4-scum victories this year. I'll be keeping an eye out.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Whilst Monty did direct town well based on the balance of probabilities, it did let the irregularities of this game through his net, but oh well.

The mafia seems to merge in very well, there is pain in the fact that those that posted the most were all innocent (ATPG will always be an exception to that rule though...) I'll take the fact that I voted for Ironside on multiple occasions as a shallow comfort, even thoug hmost of my hunches were incorrect. Although the sheer amount of mafia meant that they really could wrap town around there finger in the day time, which is supposed to be the one time town have a chance!

Even so, thanks for hosting the game Jarema.
    Last edited by Thermal; 09-19-2012 at 23:50.

Yeah, that was a good game. I have to say that Mafia Pizza is very, very scary. Good job everyone, especially the Mafia.
    But there ARE smilies on this forum! They are just well hidden. Hence the couch.
    I like Mafia! Play it at CFC! (and TWC)
    Why don't you have a bunch of quotes by famous and not-so-famous people?
    "There is no need to link Socialism to Evil, I live in Europe and have Free Speech." - strijder20 (lolwut?)
    "This thread is a either testament to the mods not giving a crap about us or their ability to be amused by our antics." - DoubleA (On this thread)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516