Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I kind of got mugged

Default Re: So I kind of got mugged

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    A firearm would not have helped in this instance any more than a knife
    No weapon was needed in this instance. However, had those three men wanted more than a quick payoff, a knife would have been a far inferior defensive tool against three men than a gun.

Rajpoot has learned his lesson; don't get out of the car.
    Indeed. That is never a good idea unless the bad guys are in the car.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Run them over in your car.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    Medic!

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Believe you me this did occur to me, but only in hindsight.

I followed up at the police station, and true to what they'd said the first time, they had made no progress. They had inquired into who actually owned that land, but it turns out it's disputed property, and neither of the owners live anywhere close by. So basically the thugs will go unpunished. The thought still makes me angry, but that's life I guess.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I would say one guy threatening you at the window while his mates block your car with their bodies constitutes a fight or flight situation. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw you write they stood in front of your car.

At the very least, you could say that your foot slipped and you accidentally put the car in gear, assuming you still went to the police after running down two muggers. However after such an event I would strongly recommend repainting your car and changing the license, in case on of the hoods was resourceful enough to run your registration.

But yeah, hindsight is 20/20. We are all just being a bunch of armchair victims. When the time comes to make a tough decision, we all falter to one extent or another, and you had others to look out for in the process. In the end, you all came out unscathed so it was a minor success on your part if you don not miss the cash to much.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

I would say one guy threatening you at the window while his mates block your car with their bodies constitutes a fight or flight situation. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw you write they stood in front of your car.

At the very least, you could say that your foot slipped and you accidentally put the car in gear, assuming you still went to the police after running down two muggers. However after such an event I would strongly recommend repainting your car and changing the license, in case on of the hoods was resourceful enough to run your registration.

But yeah, hindsight is 20/20. We are all just being a bunch of armchair victims. When the time comes to make a tough decision, we all falter to one extent or another, and you had others to look out for in the process. In the end, you all came out unscathed so it was a minor success on your part if you don not miss the cash to much.
    Those are very true words mate.

I've been in some situations where I afterward went "if only I had..."

But let's face it, we're not Bruce Willis. Neither are our lives scripted, the bad guys acting on cue, or the repercussions of an error of judgement as far reaching.

I have trained myself to a level where I could meet one or two street thugs armed with knives and have a fighting chance to get out of the whole thing in an OK state.

However, meeting two street thugs, even if I didn't know if they had knives or not, I would hand them my money at once. Heck, I'd even do it if I had a knife and they didn't.

It's not worth risking something way more valuable than money, for money.

I would, however, have quite some sleepless nights, wrestling with my male ego.

HOWEVER, I guess my main point here as well as in my last post... is that in your case, you shouldn't even do THAT night time wrestle match, as you had more than yourself to look out for.

Your priority as a man should always be to put the need of the women and children before your own needs, and you did. Heck, Chuck Norris would applaud you.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Heck, Chuck Norris would applaud you.

Thanks man, that's a a really nice thing to say.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post

Thanks man, that's a a really nice thing to say.
    You know what, he totally would.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Member thankful for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12