Thread: Cataclysm: Legend of the Haven

Default Cataclysm: Legend of the Haven

hey i will begin another aar alongside my seleucid one, Empire: song of peace and war, since i am at a writers block with that one

I will begin several AARS at the same time writing a few chapters. Which ever ones get the most feedback I will continue

This first one is a Fantasty AAR set in the aftermath of a great Apocalypse

I hope you enjoy this and if this gets some positive feedback i will continue it

Default Re: Cataclysm: Legend of the Haven

Setting
    The Cataclysm

A thousand years ago, a great cataclysm occurred which changed the face of the world. It began with a plague that spread like wildfire throughout the Kingdoms and empires of the land. Millions died. Then came the Kin Wars. Agents of Dissension caused a thousand conflicts to rage throughout the land, sapping the strength of men. Finally they came...

Heralded by a Great Fire-storm, the demons came to purge the land of men. Weakened by plague and war, the peoples of the world fell one by one, until only the nomads remained. It was their first high King Caractacus who united them and led them away from the approaching death. After months of searching they finally found a place that was yet untouched by evil. But Caractacus knew they the demons would eventually come. He warned the natives of the new land of the approaching danger and they agreed to stand with him.

They came, hundreds of thousands of Demons, bent on wiping out the last vestiges of humanity. The last alliance of men met them and a great battle raged that would decide the fate of men. At the end of the day, Good prevailed over evil. The demon horde was broken. Caractacus sent scouts out to every corner of the land but they all came back with the same bitter news. The demons had already corrupted everything. The nomads settled down in the new land, living peacefully alongside the natives. Together, they defended and prevented evil from entering their lands. They called their new home: The Haven

The Haven

The Capital of the Haven is the city of Roma, an ancient city built before the cataclysm. When it was discovered it was completely abandoned. Caractacus saw its impressive stone walls (The knowledge of how to build these walls has been lost to us) and made it the capital of the alliance, moving most of the survivors there. In the city he found a cache of scrolls which identified the city as Rome and told of a centuries long war between the masters of Rome and another group of people called the Sikillians, who were masters of an Island south of Rome and ruled from a city called Syrakousai. Excited about the prospect of find another land untouched by evil, he travelled south and reached the Island of Sikily. He found Syakousai, a city every bit as impressive as Roma and made it the capital of the Island.

North and South Haven

The Haven is split into the North and the South. The North encompasses the original lands Caracatus found and the south includes the Island of Sikily. The northern haven borders the region of Mediolanum and Pavatium, in which the border men live. The border men arrived almost 50 years after the death of Caractacus. They offered to defend the northern mountain passes and eastern coastal passes into the Haven in exchange for allowing them to settle there

Northern Haven

The Southern Haven

The natives of the southern cities fight in their traditional native fashion of heavy infantry supported by light infantry

southern hoplites and light infantry

The Northern forces have a greater nomadic presence and focuses more on heavy steppe cavalry including the feared bodyguards of the High Kings, the greatest cavalry in the world. The northern natives fight in the same way as they have for thousands of years as medium infantry. However, there are also the Gold shields, extremely heavy infantry who also act as demon hunters. They are the best infantry in the Haven armies

Gold Shields

High King's Bodyguards

Traditional Northern Native Infantry

The Nomad Heavy Cavalry

The Alliance of the Haven is made up of a representative from each of the different groups of people. They are lead by the Nomad High King. There are currently 300 representatives and over 2 million souls living in the haven

Seven years ago
    Fifty years ago, the demonic incursions stopped and people wondered if the world outside of the Haven had changed. Eleven years ago, High King Alouthagos heard rumours of an Empire of men that existed in the east. He left with 20 000 of his warriors and headed east. A letter arrived back that told of a huge empire stretching across continents. Seven years ago the letters stopped coming and the King simply disappeared. Now the council convenes to decide their next course of action..

The Missing High King Alouthagos

The Haven in gold and the high Kings description of the foreign empire in silver
    Last edited by seleucid empire; 08-30-2012 at 09:47.