Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are republican voters generally more stupid than democrats in the USA?

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Re: Are republican voters generally more stupid than democrats in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    I think this is an example of “people will believe most anything they are told” or in the words of P.T. Barnum “there is a sucker borne every minute“. (something he didn’t actually say)

Most of you believe Napoleon was short and many of you believe Germany started WWI.

A lot of you think that making alcohol from corn (maze) will impact food supplies or that hemp should be banned because people can get high smoking it.

Where dose that leave you?

All of these were politically motivated lies people still believe. Maybe a few people are latching on to it because they want to believe it but most likely it is just to support their man and truth is ignored. In a year maybe 2% will still say they believe it.

About 50% of those are true though.

Napoleon was short compared to other European aristocrats and we have ample evidence that certain varieties of Hemp were grown by medieval farmers as much as a drug as a fibre for rope.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default Re: Are republican voters generally more stupid than democrats in the USA?

Yes, and those medieval farmers and their blasted farms then try to move to New York State and give some of that devil weed to our young white women so they start dating black jazz singers and stop buying Hearst paper for their homework that they never plan on doing because they are so stoned
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    About 50% of those are true though.

Napoleon was short compared to other European aristocrats and we have ample evidence that certain varieties of Hemp were grown by medieval farmers as much as a drug as a fibre for rope.

Nappy was 5’7” which was above average height. He was 5.2 French feet which was 1/3 of a meter.

And plants don’t need copious amounts of drugs in them to be of medical value. For those properties they usually used broom anyway. The last time I checked broom was still a legal substance. But then broom has no real commercial properties.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The crux of the problem is that mainstream American news sources are crap. They range from incredibly biased, to purveyors of pop culture pap. Corporate-controlled, for-profit enterprises will naturally try to maximize profits over anything else. So they will generally target a segment of the population and tell them what they want to hear. We do not have an informed populace.

If the Aussies would have killed Murdoch when they had the chance, we might not be in this situation.

Regarding the question in the OP, I'm surprised the percentages aren't higher.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

8% of the US population are apparently idiots.

5.7% of the swedish population voted for the swedish democrats. So, at least 5.7% of the Swedish population are idiots.

It seems that Sweden wins this idiot contest. However, there may be more people who support SD, but didn't vote, so there may yet be more idiots in Sweden than in the US.

Also:

How do you sink a Swedish sub? You knock on the hatch...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Not to derail a thread by being overly philosophical but ...

... to decide who is "stupid," first you have to define "intelligence," which I have always found to be a slippery beast. There are many, many different forms of intelligence.

Member thankful for this post:

How upset will you be if Akin gets elected? When the 8% extremist pro-life voters team up with the 43% who will vote for anybody before allowing Claire to go back to Washington, this guy could actually move from the House science committee to the Senate science committee.
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    8% of the US population are apparently idiots.

5.7% of the swedish population voted for the swedish democrats. So, at least 5.7% of the Swedish population are idiots.

It seems that Sweden wins this idiot contest. However, there may be more people who support SD, but didn't vote, so there may yet be more idiots in Sweden than in the US.

Also:

How do you sink a Swedish sub? You knock on the hatch...
    From my perspective, 94,3% of the Swedish population are idiots. I voted SD. Head over to my rampant feminazi thread and you will start to get why.

And this reminds me. Back in the good old days when we made war, You remember? When we kicked Norwegian behinds left to right and took control of your country (only to hand it back because we really couldn't be bothered some decades later)... I remember one old tale from that time.

It was a dug in situation, and absolutely nothing happened. After a while though, a Swedish corporal came up with an idea. He called in a sharpshooter squad on standby, and went:
    "Öivind!!"
    And 4 heads popped up: "Yeah?" - To be shot down.
    "Erland!!" - again some heads pop up with a big retarded smile and and a question on their lips. To be shot down.
    The Swedes tries again: "Stian!!" And again, Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop....

By now, the absolute epitome of Norwegian thinking abilities goes to work, snickering to himself. he has finally seen through the Swedes cunning plan.
    He shouts: "Kadagar_AV!!"
    Kadagar_AV replies: "Who's asking"
    HoreTore pops up: It's me, HoreTore!!

On a more serious note...

Am I the only one scared that the biggest news channel, in what is the sole surviving super power, claiming to be the bastion of freedom, having access to nuclear arms... Is actively spreading disinformation?

I for one think that is, like, a major threat to the world and stuff. You know, stupid Euro thinkin'.... Could some American pretty please explain why as to this could possibly be a GOOD idea?

I think that's backwards G-cube. The networks are the way they are because electing the best person is not something people truly care about, or care to think about. We are simply not that practically minded a species.

People vote for a variety of "irrational" reasons and the news networks reflect that. Some are political fans, the equivalent of sports fans or celebrity fans, who want glowing reports on how their guy is doing (not new to obama fans like it was pretended), and gossip about other "celeb" politicians. Others have found a fix for their existential depression in devoting themselves to a cause which can give them vicarious happiness through its success. This can be good but leads to wackiness as well, one cause for example is the idea of America's mission in the world. Other people are very ideological and they care so much about their sacred principles not being threatened that they will vote based on things that are terribly insignificant. Libertarians are the worst offenders in this category, and they have a long history of delusion and conspiracy theory in this country. Others are obsessed with reform, and are only happy if their imagined path to a utopia or a purer country is being tread consistently (liberals and religious people mostly). The most practical are those who vote from blind self interest unfortunately, and as they are often the most reliable source for politicians we are deep in debt. This is the way most people are, or else they are indifferent and swayed by random things like "who is favored to win" or gas prices, or because they want to fit in with their friends who vote a certain way. It's human nature, and it effects the people who make up the media too. Witness:

By the way, this is too often true of academics as well. Philosophy is quite often written with an aim other than the truth, and history books are as well and have the additional limitation of having to rely on other history books for support, so that even good historians can have their view distorted by a school of thought about an era. The standard interpretations of the American revolution are absurd for example, and the critiques of it from liberals keep the basic myth but throw in a few bits of whatever leftist theory is current at the time about power or racism, etc.

This is why, despite the liberal obsession about wanting to think their iq is higher, intelligence has little to do with how smart someone is. The motivation for truth is just not that strong by nature, and without it greater intelligence too often just has a stupefying effect.

CYNICISM IS THE ONLY ANTIDOTE <-- AND IT WON'T WORK BECAUSE THAT SENTENCE IS CONTRADICTORY <--PARADOXICAL LOOP

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    From my perspective, 94,3% of the Swedish population are idiots. I voted SD. Head over to my rampant feminazi thread and you will start to get why.
    For curiousity, voting them to increase their influence on some issues or actually wanting them in power? For their stance on feminism isn't that it's gone to far on some issues, rather that is shouldn't exist at all. Their old party issue (that the new one is a toned down version of) had 3 out of context attacks on feminism for example.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post

And this reminds me. Back in the good old days when we made war, You remember? When we kicked Norwegian behinds left to right and took control of your country (only to hand it back because we really couldn't be bothered some decades later)... I remember one old tale from that time.

It was a dug in situation, and absolutely nothing happened. After a while though, a Swedish corporal came up with an idea. He called in a sharpshooter squad on standby, and went:
    "Öivind!!"
    And 4 heads popped up: "Yeah?" - To be shot down.
    "Erland!!" - again some heads pop up with a big retarded smile and and a question on their lips. To be shot down.
    The Swedes tries again: "Stian!!" And again, Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop....

By now, the absolute epitome of Norwegian thinking abilities goes to work, snickering to himself. he has finally seen through the Swedes cunning plan.
    He shouts: "Kadagar_AV!!"
    Kadagar_AV replies: "Who's asking"
    HoreTore pops up: It's me, HoreTore!!
    Was this back when you still had Finish troops to fight your wars? As i seem to recall, that after loosing Finland to Russia. The Swedish wars kind of ended all together.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Was this back when you still had Finish troops to fight your wars? As i seem to recall, that after loosing Finland to Russia. The Swedish wars kind of ended all together.
    You know.... It, like, REALLY isn't very nice to jump into a discussion between Norway and Sweden claiming your obvious superiority.

I always pictured Finland like Sweden. Only with working immigration, more feminine girls, cheaper alcohol and and, oh, of course the abundance of knives. Ok so the last bit scare the **** out of me.

Sorry, just could not resist the urge to get involved in light hearted neighbor row.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12