Thread: The Great Parthian Empire

In the Saka steppe, leading his Yeuzhi Nobles into your ancestral homeland....and eating

Default The Great Parthian Empire

I have decided to show my hard work at its best. After years of serious work, the mighty parthian empire.
    Version 1 before I had to quite for due to imcompatible save game
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pahlava270AD(2).jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	6773

Name:	Pahlava270AD.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	6774

And the current version, I chose a more aggresive war path of betraying my Ally's in what was the hardest most massively destructive battle I have ever fought (I have been doing this horse archer stuff for years!):

Name:	PahlavaVSBactria1.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	6775
    Ahh yes but the mighty Baktrian was put to sleep before he could wake! (Seriously, it was one of the few battle I actually thought I could lose, and Everything was at stake)

Name:	PahlavaVSBaktria2.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	6776
    And then my empire grew massively. With Baktria in my possesion came gold and women....and Elephants....

Name:	PahlavaVSHayasdan.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	6777
    I also fouht this epic spartan style bridge battle that any other commander would have surely lost due to being out numbered and having mostly only DAHAE RIDERS to act as SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:	BridgeBattle2.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	6778

Name:	PahlavaBloodyBridgeBattle.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	6779
    I also fought a bugged battle to sack Alexandria, with my guys starting position being INSIDE the city, with the Ptolie faction leader Spawing on TOP of my position!

Name:	PahlavaAlexandriaBug.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	6780

And here is some screen shots of the aftermath of the sack of Alexandria and Antiochia

Name:	AftermathofAlexandriaBattle.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	6781

Name:	PahlavatakingAtioch.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	6782

And I'm still not finished. I am fighting Hayasdan (yup I am a heartless betrayer of allies), that was the screen shot with elephants. Here is what the world looked like before that battle:

Name:	Pahlava253BC.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	6783

Thats what I've got for now.
    PS. I love the Phalanx mod. It make phalanxes tougher from the front (I used to be able to slam my Bodyguard cav into Argyspides front with pikes drawn and win the melee, but now thats suicide), however they are weaker from the rear. A must have. I did alot of work to make 2 separate EDU's to make it so the phalanx mod would work in multiplayer and have all the EB for BI stuff like shield wall. Its more fun everywhere, when I play as AS and as Pahlava, I love it. I will release when I'm finished with this campaign, but if anybody wants them now I will up upload them. I'm serious when I say that Phalanx on Phalanx battles are awesome now and phalanx on hopilite battles are great too.
    Last edited by mikepettyrtw; 09-01-2012 at 17:13.
    I am a Nomad steppe Kha-khan and have been since my first Parthia campaign in vanilla some years ago.
    from Brennus being the first entrant into the Nomad Screenshot contest.

Check out my Playtest of giving hoplite units the phalanx attribute!
    Saka Late Cataphract "Bodyguard Cavalry" Fix (Thanks to Brave Brave Sir Robin)

Default Re: The Great Parthian Empire

I'd be very interested to see your single player EDU. I didn't know there was a Phalanx mod, I just nerfed my phalanxes by reducing their shield value from 5 to 3, but it sounds as though yours is better still.

Nice campaign, by the way - I've never captured Seleukia so early in the game.

In the Saka steppe, leading his Yeuzhi Nobles into your ancestral homeland....and eating

I am a Nomad steppe Kha-khan and have been since my first Parthia campaign in vanilla some years ago.

lol what happened to the ptoley general in the bugged battle? Also wouldn't your horse archers get bogged down in the streets and murdered by thos backwards firing towers?

Actually no. they didn't get bogged down so much. I ordered my Galatian mercs onto the towers pretty fast. But for the General (who was the faction leader), when he spawned on top it was really wierd, All of my guys started instantly engaging him, he died pretty quickly. The final battle took place in the city square between my entire army, his Galatian Heavy Swordsmen and his elite phalanx. Good battle, I enjoy fighting Galatian Heavy Swordsmen.