Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [BC 2.3] Empires of the East

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: [BC 2.3] Empires of the East

Sorry guys, busy week with the new term coming up and those errors I'm getting regardless of save are frustrating me.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Sorry guys, busy week with the new term coming up and those errors I'm getting regardless of save are frustrating me.
    @rickinator9
    Can you tell us what's happening? What kind of errors? Where are they occurring-on game start or when loading save? IF YOU DON'T TELL US, WE CAN'T HELP YOU!

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    @rickinator9
    Can you tell us what's happening? What kind of errors? Where are they occurring-on game start or when loading save? IF YOU DON'T TELL US, WE CAN'T HELP YOU!
    Apparently, everyone has been ignoring my post #57 then.
    Code:
    Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    Appears randomly during the game. Didn't really do anything with my MIITW before getting that error.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

At what time exactly is the error occurring? When you load the save? When you start the game? Does it occur if you try to load the vanilla game?
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

It happens randomly. Like when I right click on a unit or when I select an army. I did turn on compatibility mode yesterday, so I'm going to check if that solved it.

Edit: Didn't work
    Last edited by rickinator9; 11-18-2012 at 13:02.

@rickinator9 Go to the file M2TW/logs/bc_log and post it here (you only need the last 12 lines of that file) or tell us what it says. Use notepad or something simillar. I may be able to help you with that. Or if you like send me your password and what you were trying to do by PM and I'll try it to see what happens.

Last 12 lines:
    Code:
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	002 triggers tested by event GeneralPrisonersRansomedCaptive
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	000 triggers tested by event BattleWinningPlaza
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	001 triggers tested by event PreBattleScrollAdviceRequested
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	001 triggers tested by event MultiTurnMove
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	000 triggers tested by event MessageClosed
    13:02:14.974 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	004 triggers tested by event BrotherAdopted
    13:02:14.975 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	001 triggers tested by event Demeanour
    13:02:14.975 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	003 triggers tested by event AcquisitionMission
    13:02:14.975 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	000 triggers tested by event ObjSeen
    13:02:14.975 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	011 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    13:02:14.975 [game.script.trigger] [info] 	000 triggers tested by event EventCounter
    13:02:14.975 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/preferences/player.txt

@rickinator9 The BC team left too much stuff in their released version. Too many logs(great for modding,not for us). Try this to get a better error report. Edit the bc_kingdoms.cfg file. Check its "Properties" to make sure it's not read only. Change the line that reads "level = * trace" to "level = * error" . (It should be the 15th line in Notepad+). Then replay the turn, then copy that log after it crashes.

This would be good for all of us to do just in case someone else has problems.

had that kinda problem with broken crescent 2.02. as far as i understand its a problem of the windows 7 thing and broken crescent. no idea what the actual problem is but nothing of that ever when i still did broken crescent and the windows xp. those kinda problems just came up when i did it with the windows 7 then. was just the same for some others too at the other forum. none of that with 2.3 for me yet but yea somewhat possible theres the same kinda problem
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I have turned the UAC security feature thing and my Win 7 is working just fine. How were you able to play your previous turn? Strange...
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

I do remember I installed EB between turns. Maybe I should just do reinstall in the weekend.

@rickinator9 any luck with fixing the issue? Can you have someone sub you so we can move forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    @rickinator9 any luck with fixing the issue? Can you have someone sub you so we can move forward?
    I guess I'm out. I reinstalled the game, the mod and installed the file from LooseCannon1, but I still get the error. So yes, someone would have to sub me.

so how we ll go on with this game we already have someone to take over?

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

guys im not really sure whether broken crescent is that good a choice really. the whole scene is pretty cool but if someone of us had the same issues rick had now just way later in that really was just x up then. and honestly i guess it is somewhat possible if it already happened. as i said i had the same problems with the 2.02 version but yea its pretty much possible theres the same kinds issues with the 2.3 version. whysoever actually. so yea was just x up if one of us had those kinda problems if we already way in the game here. im really starting to think a new stainless steel game was a better choice. how u guys think about that

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

honestly, I would be fine with either. It would certainly frustrating if it fell apart later, but I also really want to try out the mod in hotseat. I also always enjoy ss 6.4 hotseats though, so I wouldn't be too upset. That said, we are currently having an issue with that mod as well in the EU game.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

yea true the broken crescent scene is worth giving this game a try

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

I propose Rickinator asks how the isuse can be fixed in the BC forums on the TWC.

In the mean time, we can start a new game. How about SS 6.4 where everyone fights to control Jerusalem, Tyre, Acre, Antioch and a few other cities in the Holy Lands? Eastern factions will be a natural choice as such.

I want to continue Empires of the East but keeping Rickinator as a player is IMO more important than being so firm about BC as a mod.

Myth, have you had a chance to try rickinator9's save? I'd like to try and find out what the problem is and if there's a fix for it.

Not really, since my GF was at my place for the past few days. I'll try tonight.

It crashes for me as well. This is weird. I can move armies, but when I enter a city, it crashes. @Vasilefs, did you intsall the mod, the patches and the extra file as per the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    It crashes for me as well. This is weird. I can move armies, but when I enter a city, it crashes. @Vasilefs, did you intsall the mod, the patches and the extra file as per the first post?
    It got that error randomly for me. It's good news I'm not the only one.

No, and you played several turns so I think it's something wrong on Vasilefs' end since he took over the ERE last turn.

its worth a shot to try and see whether the problem is with ere only. tho its still prossible that its a problem of borken crescent in general. but yea cool if u could check whether its just ere

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123