Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [BC 2.3] Empires of the East

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default [BC 2.3] Empires of the East

EMPIRES OF THE EAST

This is a free for all hotseat using the Broken Crescent M2TW modification, version 2.3.2 (installation instructions below). This will be a lead battles game, meaning one may lead versus enemy (AI or human lead) armies if given the chance, or autoresolve at their own discretion. Sallies from the AI versus human besieging armies are automatically autoresolved.

For those unfamiliar with hotseats or who have not played lead battles, you should consult the comprehensive guide to hotseat play and especially the lead battles section.

Victory conditions: Be the last human player in the game or force the submission of the remaining players. If campaign victory is achieved but a player remains adamant to continue fighting you must oblige and carry on with the war. An allied victory is possible only for two factions maximum, and only if they remain the last two factions on the map or all other factions concede defeat to that alliance.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Each player has 48 hours to complete his turn (not counting weekends). After that the Admin may skip his faction or he can be subbed.

Do not attack ships in ports.

Armies boarding ships in ports can't stay there for more than one turn.

Don't leave blockaded ports without beating the blockading ships first.

Don't stack merchants in armies or forts to get more than one to stand on the same resource (Merchant Fort)

No surrounding armies or agents to destroy them. (Surround&Destroy)

Don't attack units who were left next to a settlement in order to capture it on the same turn in order to cheat the garrison script. In fact don't cheat the garrison script period. (this only applies vs AI factions)

Don't use repeated offers for bribe to increase your faction leader's dread.

Enable "Unlimited men on battlefield" in order to not abuse when leading battles vs the AI (PM me for instructions, though SS has this on by default)

Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list, and thus lose all their movement points

Armies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following turn, as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the rule above. They must be allowed to move first, or must be reinforced. If the defeated army retreats to a settlement or fort, this rule does not apply.

Ballistas can't open anything, catapults can open wooden walls, trebuchets or better can open anything.

Spies cannot open anything..

Assassins are allowed to target anyone but the players are limited to one assassination attempt per turn. It must be the first action they do, before they spend money or do anything else. Upon a successful assassination the game admin will load that player's save and attempt the assassination. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

Crusades and Jihads cannot be joined or called.

ONLY religious buildings can be destroyed upon the conquest of a settlement and ONLY if they are of a religion different than your own.

No trading of provinces to receive free troops. If you trade provinces, make sure they have no garrison prior to the exchange.

No deliberate deals that would put you in debt above -10,000 florins.

How to set up your game:

1. Install the mod. From this thread: Get file 1 and then file 2. Install.

2. Install the patch and the quickfix from this thread. Rund them as administartor (detailed instructions in the thread).

3. After you have done steps 1 and 2, download this archive and unpack it in your main folder for the mod. Overwrite when asked to do so. (If you want, back up your original mod files). This archive (provided by @LooseCannon1) changes the game so forts can be constructed - a paramount feature for a successful lead battles game.

If you are new to the mod (like me) or version 2.3 it is advisable to read this and this thread.

Faction choices:

Nightbringer - Abbasid Caliphate
    LooseCannon1 - Kingdom of Armenia
    Visorslash - Imamate of Oman (currently witdhrawn)
    rickinator9 - Kingdom of Georgia
    Ignoramus - Eastern Roman Empire
    SilverShield - Sultanate of Ghazni
    Myth - The Ayyubid Sultanate

Having trouble choosing a faction? Check this out.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-08-2012 at 07:16.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Default Re: [BC 2.3] Empires of the East

I've decided to go for the The Ayyubid Sultanate though I might switch to the Kingdom of Jerusalem depending on the number of players involved and the AI/player lead faction distribution.

We have a small problem. I tested it - the forts we build with our current setup remain permanent on the map. Permanent forts might not be a problem but eventually in the later stages of the game the map might be littered with forts.

Hmm. Give me Oman. You guys will need another player. Though I'm likely to be thrashed, haven't played a proper game in ages.

EDIT: Choosing Oman because Armenia is my favourite faction (damn you Loose! ) and because I want to try something a little different.
    Last edited by Visor; 09-05-2012 at 01:38.

Don't attack units who were left next to a settlement in order to capture it on the same turn in order to cheat the garrison script. In fact don't cheat the garrison script period. (this only applies vs AI factions)
    What happens if we set the garrison script off, then attack an army outside the settlement?

That's OK. So long as you have to fight the garrison armies when you take the city. Does BC even have a garrison script though? Also, welcome back to the TR and hotseats Virsor!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Sorry about the delay, I keep getting incomplete downloads.

Alright, even when it downloads complete, it just says it has invalid data when I run the file. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 09-05-2012 at 21:34.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

alright i think that looks good. just whats it with that automatic stuff. u cant fight a battle then if u attack a city or something? that was bad then

i think its okay if forts are permanent

u know when i downloaded the bc 2.3 stuff last year it was 3 files and u have to install each separately
    Last edited by SilverShield; 09-05-2012 at 23:54.
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I would love to join in as the Kingdom of Georgia. This is going to be my first hotseat. Is there a tutorial of tactics that apply to hotseats?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I would love to join in as the Kingdom of Georgia. This is going to be my first hotseat. Is there a tutorial of tactics that apply to hotseats?
    Welcome to the throne room rickinator9!

I would recommend checking out this thread
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...o-hotseat-play
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

OK so once NB gets this set up and picks a faction we can get started. It's nigh on time to get some wars going on in the TR!

I'll take the Abbasids!

alright so we all got our faction now we ready for this game and im feeling good about it we can start this

i see the abassids as an interesting pick
    in a positive way
    Last edited by SilverShield; 09-29-2012 at 20:37.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

@Myth
    Could you update the op with the faction choices?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

I thought they had plenty of stuff to grab, and would be an interesting central location to have. My second choice was Georgia, but they begin the game with negative income :/

Nightbringer - Abbasid Caliphate
    LooseCannon1 - Kingdom of Armenia
    Visorslash - Imamate of Oman (currently witdhrawn)
    rickinator9 - Kingdom of Georgia
    Ignoramus - Eastern Roman Empire
    SilverShield - Sultanate of Ghazni
    Myth - The Ayyubid Sultanate

Alright that's 6 players, a good and healthy number IMO. If Visor or Thanatos want to join up, please do! Any other potential players welcome!

Also welcome to rickinator9!

It has begun.

Eastern Roman Empire turn 1. @Ignoramus

Good luck and have fun to all
    Last edited by Myth; 10-08-2012 at 17:17.

alright cool get it shakin

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

wait a sec guys what about what LC said that we can have forts gone once they empy. do we have it like that?

thats what he said

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    Also, if I set forts to disappear if left empty in that file, all empty forts disappear including the starting preset ones. Which way does everybody want to play?
    we have it like that ? i d prefer forts gone in this game once they left empty
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-02-2012 at 12:13.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Sallies from the AI versus human besieging armies are automatically autoresolved.
    man what about this that aint good seriously i think it was bad if we did it like that. i think thats too much of an advantage for the defender then. u know the defender already has an advantage. we all remember what happened with those armies at the city of venice in cog. i already see this as an advantage for the defender so i think the sally thing just makes it even for the attacker. u know so he got a shot at dealing some real damage too. and honestly i do believe the game slows down a lot and is just static and boring if we didnt fight the sallies in the field. i rather have this game open and unpredictable with lots of fast action and back and forth and i think we can only assure this if we keep all battles on the field

also was good if we d include the rule about dead zones u know the thing from cog where u gotta respect a dead zone of an army or a city or fort even if u had not to through the game. tho fighting them sallies on the field is the most essential thing
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-02-2012 at 12:24.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

The sallies rule is just a clarification, it doesn't change anything. It's only for humans vs Ai, so you don't expect to siege one town with two generals and when the dumb AI sallies you get to play the battle and kill 800 men with two units of horse.

So when the AI sallies vs your besieging force the game just autocalcs (so make sure your force is big enough to keep it inside). For player vs player whomever gets the jump gets to play the battle as per ususal.

@loosecannnon1 I think it's better to have all forts disappear. If you can provide the file I'd restart the game.

as i said man i think the game slows down thus is more static and hence boring if we dont make all battles being fought on the map. i see taking out big garrisions with small cav troops is what makes the game fast and unpredictable and hence keeps it open and interesting

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Here's the new file forts set to disappear if empty. Just unzip it to your data file. Everybody.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver, that rule is usually never posted here anyway, the admins just never create games that allow a player to lead a battle vs the AI when it attacks. If you leave your troops open and the AI attacks you, it gets to AR versus your armies. Otherwise the game becomes MUCH slower, trust me on this one. The last player to end the turn will have to distribute the save for each battle between each player, it's a nightmare.

OK I suggest we all use the second file LooseCannon provided and we get this thing rolling. @Ignoramus are you able to play your turn? I restarted after updating to Loose's most recent file just to be sure. Save is here.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-08-2012 at 17:18.

alright i had this wrong then

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Silver, that rule is usually never posted here anyway, the admins just never create games that allow a player to lead a battle vs the AI when it attacks. If you leave your troops open and the AI attacks you, it gets to AR versus your armies. Otherwise the game becomes MUCH slower, trust me on this one. The last player to end the turn will have to distribute the save for each battle between each player, it's a nightmare.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

alright i see forts disappearing with the new file. cool thing thx man

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Hey guys,

I'd really like to play this turn, but may I request someone to sub for me on the first turn? I'm really busy with an easy due in a few days time, and don't have the time to do my turn. I haven't had time yet to download the mod, and so consider it unfair on you guys to hold you up. I should be able to play at the start of next week, though. I've played my turn in the Crusades hotseat, as that didn't take much planning and I already had Kingdoms installed - I'll upload it tomorrow.

Thanks and apologies,
    Ignoramus.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

No problem @Ignoramus, I subbed you to the best of my ability. The ERE cavalry looks formidable to say the least!

Georgia up. @rickinator9 Please don't forget to add the most recent version of LooseCannon1's modified file so forts can disappear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast