Thread: Lenovo Y580 + msconfig = lol

Default Lenovo Y580 + msconfig = lol

I am modifying this laptop in preparation for its overseas voyage. I was modifying the boot file to kill the gui start up and post driver loadout. The result was a message stating that a file was missing. It turns out that the file was boot\bcd.

Let me repeat: modifying the boot file on this model DELETES the file that configures Windows boot up. Worse yet, the Lenovo recovery software is useless for anything other than resetting to factory settings, which I suppose I should be thankful for. I am almost tempted to shell out another 150USD so I can get a clean windows install and have a functional option for recovery. However, Lenovo apparently modified the BIOS, so that may be problematic.

Anyone have any idea for a work around?
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Lenovo Y580 + msconfig = lol

I'm no help on work arounds, sorry. I had a Lenovo myself and it also came loaded to the gills with a ridiculous software setup. I didn't even bother trying to work with it, I just wiped the machine the day after I got it and used a fresh install. I've been using custom-built desktops for so long now that I really annoys me whenever I have to use a machine that's got factory-loaded anything on it.