Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia II [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pirate Ship Mafia II [Concluded]

Night 0

Everybody rose late the next morning. The previous day had been quite intense, and with a lack of officers on board there wasn't much discipline on board anyway. General consensus went that the crewmen would get a very well-deserved lie-in and then spend the day electing the new captain to take them back to Nassau. This would not be a day of hard physical labor, but the week ahead would most likely be trying.

There was a more sinister undertone to the day's proceedings though. Raids on Spanish ships and holdings had dropped significantly over the past few decades. The main reason for this was the presence of the dreaded Guardacosta, or Coast Guard. Their ships were actually effective at patrolling Spanish lands, they were ruthless about hunting down pirates... and it was rumored that there was a special, more secretive branch that was devoted to more covert activities - such as killing everyone on board a pirate ship that had recently pillaged the Treasure Fleet. There was no telling how far this branch's influence spread.

A lot of the sailors were noticeably uneasy as they were waiting for the voting to begin. In this era, *nobody* got away with such a haul against the Spanish this easily. There had to be Guardacosta agents on board. Some of the older sailors, those who had been present for the sack of Charleston and its aftermath, were definitely pale. After that sack three years ago, they had to fend off British agents and men from a rival pirate ship just to make home with their loot. They were successful, but by no means did they want to go through anything like that again. And so, they hoped. They prayed to their deity of choice that they had honestly just beaten the Spanish, caught the Guardacosta napping, and were electing a Captain who would do no more than peacefully steer them home.

There would be other threats, too. After all, they were on a ship filled with greedy pirates. Greedy pirates that had just risked a lot to get a lot of gold. What would stop them from being satisfied with their own shares when there would be ample room to increase them? If the Guardacosta was on board (and most privately agreed that this was likely) then what was to stop some of the more... enterprising pirates from using the chaos to become even richer?

The seniormost sailor pulled everybody out of their thoughts by ringing the ship's bell.

"All right, lads," he said, "Ye all know what it be time for. We had a really successful raid last night, 'tis true, but the voyage not be over yet. There's an old saying that goes 'A ship without a Captain is no ship,' and I don't know about you, but right now I be standin' on some slats o' wood and iron that are makin' sure I don't drown. If that's not a ship then I don't know what is. So let's elect a Captain!"

Since most of the pirates were illiterate, it fell upon the few who knew their letters to have tallying duty, and they swore oaths up and down that they would be true with their counts. By general consensus, voting would last all day and, come sundown, the clear favorite would ascend to the Captaincy and name his new First Mate and Quartermaster.

Before the voting started, the seniormost sailor said one final thing. "Remember lads, in terms of treasure and power, the Captain be gettin' a salary of 15 gold per night. If there need be any daily matters that require a full vote o' the crew, he be forfeittin' his vote, however, he and the officers have tiebreaking power. Should the three o' *them* be deadlocked, then the Captain has final authority over what does and doesn't go. Finally, I know this boat's better disciplined than that, but if ye be enterprisin' to sneakily kill the Captain at night, good luck with that, mateys. Once you elect him, the only way we're gettin' a new one between now and Nassau is if there's a mutiny, and if heaven forbid there is, then we be havin' bigger problems on our hands."

The man sat down and thus, the voting for Captain began. It was a beautiful day with just the right amount of wind, and the possibilities were endless.

OOC: It is now Day 1. As stated above, you will not be voting someone to walk the plank, you are electing a Captain. The proper format for doing this is as follows:

Elect: GeneralHankerchief

Vote changes are made like so:

Unelect: Andres
    Elect: GeneralHankerchief

You will be rewarded 3 pieces of treasure for lodging a legal vote.

Voting will last until 22:00 US Eastern Time on Thursday, September 27th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Souls aboard: (35)
    a completely inoffensive name
    Andres
    Arjos
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Buddhafish
    Chaotix
    Choxorn
    DaveShack
    Diana Abnoba
    Double A
    edse
    El Barto
    God Emperor
    Ironside
    Ishmael
    issaikhaan
    JoanK
    johnhughthom
    Jolt
    Kagemusha
    Kaiser Friedrich III
    Lyra
    Makrell
    Memnon
    Montmorency
    NinjaCow64
    Thermal
    Tiaexz
    TinCow
    topsecret
    Visorslash
    Xenoneb
    Zaccino
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-27-2012 at 02:34.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia II

Elect: Zaccino

I be recruitin' nearly half of yers on to this 'ere ship. It be only fair to return the favor, ain't it?

​Elect: Monty

Member thankful for this post:

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Elect: TinCow

Oh, my divine lord! How blessed we are to be graced with your presence! Join me, brothers, in promoting the righteous one to his proper position! Join me in blessed adoration!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I would love to be elected Captain, but I don't recall what it entails. Hold your votes until I reread all the rules.

After I've announced the completion of the reread, you may cast in my favor.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post

Oh, my divine lord! How blessed we are to be graced with your presence! Join me, brothers, in promoting the righteous one to his proper position! Join me in blessed adoration!
    Hmm... yes, I approve of this. Vote for me, I promise that all who survive this voyage shall live! Also, I like gold but am too lazy to actually do anything to earn it. This is the perfect job for me!

I shall happily accept bribes for the positions of First Mate and Quartermaster. Hell, I'll even create the new positions of Second Mate and Eighthmaster. A vote for TinCow is a vote for increased employment!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Hmm... yes, I approve of this. Vote for me, I promise that all who survive this voyage shall live! Also, I like gold but am too lazy to actually do anything to earn it. This is the perfect job for me!

I shall happily accept bribes for the positions of First Mate and Quartermaster. Hell, I'll even create the new positions of Second Mate and Eighthmaster. A vote for TinCow is a vote for increased employment!
    He has spoken! Come, brothers, let us build a glorious future together! It is only through acknowledging his supremacy that you might be saved!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

That sounds good!

All hail the metal bovine overlord XD
    Mutiny is always an option anyway lol

Elect: Zaccino
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    That sounds good!

All hail the metal bovine overlord XD
    Mutiny is always an option anyway lol
    Mutiny? Such talk will be poor for one's health in the glorious future the divine one shall build for us. For though his generosity is boundless to those who prove their devotion, equally great is his wrath to those who subvert his will!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Getting this out of the way now...

I shall happily accept bribes for the positions of First Mate and Quartermaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Furthermore, you are allowed to transfer small amounts of treasure between crew members. The caveats to this are that is a maximum 10 treasure per person per day, the transfer must be for services rendered, and the services must be publicly available (in other words, no breaking the game by pooling all of your gold into one source).
    Officer bribes are allowed, but they're still capped at 10 treasure per person per day. So there *is* a limit, Long John Silver.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Getting this out of the way now...

Officer bribes are allowed, but they're still capped at 10 treasure per person per day. So there *is* a limit, Long John Silver.
    I'm perfectly well aware of the rules regarding bribes. I am, as always, legally corrupt.

Vote: Issaikhaan
    Elect: Arjos

I know what I'm doing. Of thirty souls, will any do right by me?

I have read...
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post

I know what I'm doing.
    No, you don't.

OOC: It is now Day 1. As stated above, you will not be voting someone to walk the plank

I assure you that I know what I'm doing.
    Vitiate Man.

I assure you that I know what I'm doing.
    Power role used so soon?

Yes, it's a day-kill. It can kill even a Captain. It recharges in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by GH
    The Spanish pride themselves on being better at subtlety than their British counterparts, and as such will be able to hide flawlessly in protection groups.
    What does this mean?
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

In the past (including Pirate Ship 1, which explains the British reference), scum roles wouldn't count for the purposes of protection groups (so if a scum was in a group of three and the target was attacked, that protection would fail). The Spanish *do* count for purposes of protection, so they can't be flushed out that way.

Yes, it's a day-kill. It can kill even a Captain. It recharges in two days.
    There's no shame in going senile Monty :P

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Elect: the TinCow
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Illegal voting and​ an attempt to kill my so-far-completely-loyal-toadie? You, sir, are a pest which must be eradicated. As I am entirely too lazy to do it myself, I hereby put a bounty* on Monty's head. I'll pitch in an extra 10 gold to whoever kills him, divided equally amongst whoever has the balls to actually do so and then inform me of their participation.

*Bounty offer subject to me getting the job of Captain, 'cause this gold isn't just popping out of my ears.

I accept death - just remember that your contract must be set down in public. All may see.

No transaction without scrutiny.

It is Law. We obey the Law. There is nothing but the Law.

Who is brave enough to come before our "Captain" with one hand outstretched, pleading for specie, while the other drags against the unholy handle of a blasted dagger?

Vitiate Man.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Attention fellow piratey dudes!

This is the moment you have been waiting for! The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are back, and we are now accepting new members!

For those of you who don't know, the Horsemen are a group of awesome vigilante killers with a dark and storied past, who kill people awesomely and in vigilante style. And you (yes, YOU!) could be the newest member of this elite and exclusive group!

If you are interested in joining up, please send all application PMs to the man known as Chaotix.

---

As for the election...

Let's Elect: TinCow.

I am sure he will provide us with many future job opportunities.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-26-2012 at 22:45.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

How can the Four Horsemen recruit? If you don't have four members yet, then you are lying and fraudulently misrepresenting the situation to prospective recruits. If you do have four members, then the first person to join will make it the Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse, again fraudulently misrepresenting the terms of this offer. I expect to see a redrafting of this, or I shall contact my nearest Pirate lawyer.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Speaking of pirate lawyers, Elect: TinCow

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    How can the Four Horsemen recruit? If you don't have four members yet, then you are lying and fraudulently misrepresenting the situation to prospective recruits. If you do have four members, then the first person to join will make it the Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse, again fraudulently misrepresenting the terms of this offer. I expect to see a redrafting of this, or I shall contact my nearest Pirate lawyer.
    I was the only Horseman to die in the original game, so three are still alive and since I am here in the second, obviously the serial killer failed to kill me permanently.

Now, the real problem I have is whether or not some upstart wants to use the 4 Horseman logo without my permission. I will be talking to Chaotix about my inclusion or a name change.

What did you expect from pirates, broccaneer?
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    As the resident Pirate Lawyer, I do feel the need to point out that the Four Horsemen could recruit without becoming the Five Horsemen. The additional personages could simply be given other titles. The classic example would be, of course, the Three Musketeers, which was actually a quartet since d'Artagnan always seemed to show up wherever they went, but wasn't technically a Musketeer. They could also go the musical route and add names to the group, like TinCow and the Four Horsemen. However, that kind of system would probably not work well as the Four Horsemen would inherently have to take the place of the backup band, which I doubt they'd appreciate. Plus, I can't sing. Alternatively, they could just go the classic corporate route and have positions like Assistant, Deputy Assistant, Deputy Undersecretary, and Assistant to the Senior Deputy Undersecretary. In fact, each Horseman could have an entire staff of his or her own, just append 'Department of Pestilence,' et al. to the aforementioned titles.

Elect: TinCow.

I'm a poor destitute seaman, with a mere pile of gold that doubles as my bed to my name, and so I need the job. Donations are also welcome.

Ye seasick landlubbers. TinCow wants ye to pay him, not the other way arrrrrrround. Yarr.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast