Thread: EB II/III on the shogun 2 engine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EB II/III on the shogun 2 engine?

The mod tools have been recently announced over at twc. I wonder if it would open the avenue for massive total conversions the magnitude on EB on the Shogun 2 engine. Perhaps a team member would spare a moment to sate my curiosity?

Default Re: EB II/III on the shogun 2 engine?

there is no surer way to kill a mod than an engine change
    mybe if rome 2 is really modable, all the models from EBII can be ported and the folks here are crazy enough to do it, you might see a EBIII on rome2
    i think this is very unlikely
    be glad if you see a first release of EBII, the amount of work in this mod is enormous enough
    Last edited by fightermedic; 09-28-2012 at 14:24.
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

I believe this has been stated previously, but to reiterate: We will focus on completing EBII for M2TW. We will not abandon that project to move on to a new engine. In the case of Rome 2 being sufficiently moddable in the aspects of interest to us, we may or may not do an EBIII for that engine, but in that case, only after EBII is finished.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    I believe this has been stated previously, but to reiterate: We will focus on completing EBII for M2TW. We will not abandon that project to move on to a new engine. In the case of Rome 2 being sufficiently moddable in the aspects of interest to us, we may or may not do an EBIII for that engine, but in that case, only after EBII is finished.
    Exactly what I would have expected to hear, what I think makes sense (and Ca Putt has put forward some strong reasons why it should be so) and also what I wanted to hear. Looking forward to EB2.

Ahh. Sorry for being a muppet, then.

It's great news for the modding community though!

if it´s totally portable as in copypaste beteween medieval and rome two or even eb1 being just copypasted to rome 2 engine then it shouldn´t be that hard if it´s not i´m sorry but i don´t wanna have to wait another 6 years for eb2

Indeed, I've seen quite some mods going down because they changed the Engine. If done before a "finished"(like EB1.2) is out It will cost you(the modder) large chuncks of your fanbase and decreace the grouth of the same as you don't get all the the people who say "hey your first mod was great I can't wait for this one!". Without a good fanbase, modding is actually quite a lot harder.
    An example here would be the "EB" mod for Mount and Blade: they had A version for M&B 0.9 (or was it 1.09?) and then ported to Warband, after M&B was patched(thus became unplayable) there was no stable version of the game and the forum died off mostly.

So IF there will be an EB III then that might be for a contaporary Total war engine, but only after EB2 is "finished" and I wouldn't bet on the EB team being to keen on doing another mod :D

-at least that's what I would do if I were the EB team. ;)
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth