Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loot [Concluded]

Default The Loot [Concluded]

The Loot

Lazy McCrow - chin banging against his chest - stared at his resplendent boots as he placed them, painfully, one in front of the other. The likelihood of even these majestic soles wearing out before the journey had ended was looking increasingly probable. The road onward was indeed wearisome, but at least the hard work had already been done:-

The Cathedral had been exorcised of the roaming dead; The Red Desert had been expunged of the Venomous Lurkers, and The Screaming Stone Trolls of Daorg had been, most circumspectly, silenced. Indeed, the fact that all twelve of the Evilly-Skinned and Increasingly-Fanged Demons of Hell had also been irrevocably imprisoned within the Arch-Angel Bagriel's Fastidious Cube of Frenzy - could not be denied.

The most obvious spoils of McCrow's listed tribulations were set, with fastidious efficiency, inside the weighty wooden chest that the rain-sodden hero was currently dragging doggedly behind him with his Off-Hand. The Chest was stubbornly sturdy; banded with blessed iron and secured by numerous magical seals and a plethora of runes. Chiefly contained amongst its contents was a large province-worth of gold as well as a royal whores' retirement fund of Gems.

Lazy's breath came in laboured, rasping gulps as he struggled to inhale the frosty vapours that passed for air about this windswept mountain pass, and seriously considered loosing his grasp from the heavy iron ring of the Chest for once and for all, and for good. Though the great wealth it contained might afford him an eternal princely existence, their value paled in comparison to the priceless objects now decorating his person. The Legendary weapons and Magical Items adorning the warrior were the true reason Lazy tramped across this unforgiving landscape: The monumental kudos ownership of these items would bestow , once he reached his goal, was of a worth and quality beyond the measure of any merchant, warrior or King.

But something was ...just... not quite right about one of his prizes. A feeling in his bones... in his water perhaps; was warning Lazy that something about his newly prized possessions was not all that it seemed, and that perhaps, a dark sliver of the evils McCrow had recently vanquished - yet endured.

GAME NOTES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The LOOT is a mini-mafia game for seven players. It will feature one mafia, six townies and possibly some roles/abilities
    Rules will generally follow those standard mafia rules of the Org, except where stated by the host; now or at a later date :)

Current rule changes to note are as follows:

Each player must vote every day phase - or be removed from the game. The game cannot progress without each players contribution every phase: Do not sign up for this game unless you are committed to obeying this rule.- (To alleviate the pressure of this requirement, all day phases will last at least 36 hours (assuming this is not a problem with the moderators) up to a planned maximum of 48 hours. Night phases will last at least 24.)

PLAYERS:
    1. BSmith
    2. Memnon
    3. Montmorency
    4. Johnhughthom
    5. Arjos
    6. Visorslash
    7. Jarema

RESERVES:
    1. Ishmael
    Last edited by LazyMcCrow; 10-10-2012 at 14:24. Reason: adding sign ups

Default Re: The Loot [SIGN UP]

IN!
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Member Member Plasmanaut on Fire Champion Memnon's Avatar

In, looks interesting.

.ealumrof eseht ezingocer I
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    .ealumrof eseht ezingocer I
    Thanks to the three of you for signing up. Four more? Do I hear four more?

Could you put me down as a reserve please? I'll help fill the numbers if you don't get enough people.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Count me in.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Sure, count me in ^^

w00t, and w00t. Just 2 more w00ts and we're away.

Aye. I owe it to you for my poor performance in your last game.

EDIT: That's an in.
    Last edited by Visor; 10-09-2012 at 14:41.

Thanks Visor. I'll give it another 24 hours to see if there is a final player ready and willing - if not, I'll call on Ishmael to jump in from his reserve position.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

In, I hope I can manage one mini

AWZUMMZ. Thanks to Jarema we now have a full compliment. Please expect Roles PM'd in the next few hours

The Role PMs have been sent

A whirlwind of snow and sleet whipped about McCrow like a swarm of icy mosquitoes and - not for the first time - he cursed his tribe for their choice of skimpy loincloth and thin leather straps; as the traditional attire for the warrior caste.

It had almost brought a tear to his eye, leaving that much treasure buried, alone, by the side of a track. But of all his spoils, the huge chest of gold and gems was the easiest for the mighty barbarian to let go. If it was cursed - let the Mountains keep it - the magical weapons and treasures about his person would ensure Lazys passage into Legend as soon as he got back to civilisation and began to brag about it.

The days march took him higher up toward the peaks of the World and the increasing chill and thinning of the air did little to improve Lazy’s temper.

As the sun began to sink, Lazy parked himself in the shadow of a suitable overhang and chewed thoughtfully on a long strip of kangaroo biltong: His brow furrowed with the effort of both the chewing and the thinking.

The insidious presence of evil still hung about him like a rank cloud. Cursing the buried treasure for still being buried and for not being cursed, Lazy took stock of his magical inventory. One of them must be cursed for sure, and he must be rid of it. But which one? Which priceless artifact must be thrown into the ravine?

‘Well don’t throw me! - I’m the most valuable of the lot!’

Lazy leapt to his feet and span around for a moment, looking in the swirl of vapour and crystal, for whoever had spoken. Cogs turned imperceptibly as the barbarian realised that the voice was emanating from one of his magical prizes.

‘Don’t throw me either! - Throw the sword!’

‘Why me? I’m not cursed! Throw the Bow!’

Lazy raised his brow.

‘So you can speak? Well, you’re the magic items - you tell me which of you is cursed and then I can get a good nights sleep!’

McCrow pulled another strip of Biltong from his pouch and settled back as the voices of the magical items began to make their points.

Just to reiterate:Each player must vote every day phase or be removed from the game. The game will not progress without each players contribution every phase. Other than that - anything goes. You can quote what you like, make up what you like, claim what you like. If you die, you can keep doing any of those things. Enjoy!

BEGIN DAY ONE (day one will end in roughly 36 hours)

Vote: BSmith

Because why not?

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Vote: Visorslash

Not because, why?

Hmm… let’s see. Verarde isn’t in this game – in fact he doesn’t even play over here….

[scans list of players]

Ah, yes. vote: Visorslash. Should be a suitable replacement for Verarde, seeing how both of them start with the letter V and all.

Surely he is the cursed one!

()
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

By the power of the Gerfilterfishen's Exalted Kersplatten, Vote: Montmorency.

Member Member Plasmanaut on Fire Champion Memnon's Avatar

Vote: Jarema, the gods of fickle randomness have spoken!

I am a Deathsplitter. I kill all the enemies. I have no imagination. My role is to kill enemies. That's my claim. Come at me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom
    Not because, why?
    You're better than that.

Vote: JHT
    Vitiate Man.

This game is a little different to other games, in that we are looking for a serial killer (technically) rather then a mafia.

Because 1 of us is evil, they have no partners, therefore, they'd be happy with any lynch at all, rather then protecting a partner or whatnot.

Therefore, we have to be more vigilant then a usual game. I would wager one of you have an ability (beside the mafia) (and I assume the mafia can kill). Now we obviously need to not lynch that person.

That said we need a lynch to get some results, I'm willing to lynch myself, seeing as I have no abilities, if you guys want, but I would prefer to have someone else lynched.

SO for the moment, unless otherwise necessary; Unvote; Vote: Visorslash

I'm willing to lynch myself as long as I can talk after death I mean.

Lynching townies with no abilities is never a bad thing, except for when there are only four lynches, as is the case here. (Moreover, there's no functional or behavioral distinction between an SK and a lone mafioso).

I think we may safely discount Arjos and Jarema, as they have never been scum in mini-games. The correct answer must lie within this set: {JHT, Ishmael, edse}.
    Vitiate Man.

Lynching townies with no abilities is never a bad thing, except for when there are only four lynches, as is the case here. (Moreover, there's no functional or behavioral distinction between an SK and a lone mafioso).

I think we may safely discount Arjos and Jarema, as they have never been scum in mini-games. The correct answer must lie within this set: {JHT, Ishmael, edse}.
    I wouldn't say it is never a bad thing, just that in certain circumstances it can be. And yes, there isn't a difference.

Arjos has been scum in mini games (as has BSmith, and maybe Jarrema), but your point in relation to this is what?

Ishamel is a reserve anyway.

Damn it Visor, you're off the case.

Turn in your gun...
    Vitiate Man.

Damn it Visor, you're off the case.

Turn in your gun...
    With all due respect sir, no.

Current tally:

Visorslash: 3 (johnhughthom, BSmith, Visorslash)

Montmorency: 1 (Arjos)

Jarema: 1 (Memnon)

johnhughthom: 1 (Montmorency)

Still 20 hours or so remain.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

vote: Johnhughtom

I would vote Visor as always, but I do not like this wagon on him

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    vote: Johnhughtom

I would vote Visor as always, but I do not like this wagon on him
    Wagon made of a self vote and 2 regulars. Hmm.

Unvote; Vote: Jarema

Visorslash: 2 (johnhughthom, BSmith,)

johnhughthom: 2 (Montmorency, Jarema)

Jarema: 2 (Memnon, Visorslash)

Montmorency: 1 (Arjos)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast