Silver Shield leading the Kingdom of Poland
    Nightbringer leading the Kngdom of France

vs.

Team East:
    freakkriek leading the Turkish Sultanate
    Mithridate leading the Republic of Novgorod
    LooseCannon1 leading the Fatamid Caliphate

Victory conditions:

he first side to accumulate 300 points wins! Points are related to the respective side's target cities:

Target cities for the Westerners:

Cairo
    Mecca
    Constantinople
    Kiev
    Novgorod
    Antioch

Must hold and have at 100% Catholic: Jerusalem and Baghdad as special objectives. Enemy team must not be holding Paris or London.

Target cities for the Easterners:

Rome
    Tunis
    Hamburg
    Oslo
    Cordoba
    Caen

Must hold and have at 100% Muslim, Orthodox or Pagan: Paris and London as special objectives. Enemy team must not be holding Jerusalem or Baghdad.

Points are measured as such:

Capture target city: 10 points.
    Hold target city: 5 points every turn.
    Convert target city to 50% of your faith: 5 points (only if holding the settlement, awarded once)
    Convert target city to 100% of your faith: 15 points (only if holding the settlement, awarded once)

Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Each player has 48 hours to complete his turn (not counting weekends). After that the Admin may skip his faction or he can be subbed.

Do not bypass or ignore zones of control to lift a siege (or in any other way).

Do not attack ships in ports.

Armies boarding ships in ports can't stay there for more than one turn.

Don't leave blockaded ports without beating the blockading ships first.

Don't stack merchants in armies or forts to get more than one to stand on the same resource (Merchant Fort)

No surrounding armies or agents to destroy them. (Surround&Destroy)

Don't attack units who were left next to a settlement in order to capture it on the same turn in order to cheat the garrison script. In fact don't cheat the garrison script period. (this only applies vs AI factions)

Don't use repeated offers for bribe to increase your faction leader's dread.

Enable "Unlimited men on battlefield" in order to not abuse when leading battles vs the AI (PM me for instructions, though SS has this on by default)

Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list, and thus lose all their movement points

Armies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following turn, as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the rule above. They must be allowed to move first, or must be reinforced. If the defeated army retreats to a settlement or fort, this rule does not apply.

Ballistas can't open anything, catapults can open wooden walls, trebuchets or better can open anything.

Assassins are allowed to target anyone but the players are limited to one assassination attempt per turn. It must be the first action they do, before they spend money or do anything else. Upon a successful assassination the game admin can load that player's save and attempt the assassination. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

Spies are limited to one infiltration of a settlement/fort per turn, and it must be the first thing the player does, or the second one if the player also wishes to attempt an assassination. Upon a successful infiltration the game admin can load that player's save and attempt the infiltration. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

Crusades and Jihads cannot be called, joined or used/exploited in any way.

ONLY religious buildings can be destroyed upon the conquest of a settlement and ONLY if they are of a religion different than your own.

No trading of provinces to receive free troops. If you trade provinces, make sure they have no garrison prior to the exchange.

No deliberate deals that would put you in debt above -10,000 florins.

How to set up your game:

Stainless Steel 6.4 Late Eara, Gracul AI (10 for aggressiveness), Disable Real Recruitment. DO NOT TICK ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT RR AND THE CORRECT AI!

When the game starts, we pass down the save to the next player in line via PM and in a message here in this thread. Saves are archived (rar, zip etc.) and uploaded in the .org uploader or another similar file hosting service. The game will be set up at VH/VH, follow AI off, Manage All Settlements on, Long campaign, No advice, and there will be a battle time limit.

Helpful tips for those who are new to Hotseat games can be found here.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-08-2012 at 13:44.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Default Re: [SS 6.4]Clash of Gods! 2

First off: nice work, looking really forward to this now

how about changing the spy rule, demanding 2 spies to open gates and a minimal success chance to infiltrate a set number between 60-80%? Previously infiltrated spies have to re-infiltrate if a spy is present. Spies should be contered with spies, even with set rules you can have say 5 spies near a target and simply try each one at the start... odds of success are big.
    Last edited by Mithridate; 10-09-2012 at 17:52.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

How about a minimum of 3 spies and we leave it at that? 3 turns of advanced preparation is quite adequate IMO. If someone consistently has 5 spies and alaways manages to get one in I'd call that pretty obvious reloading shenanigans.

Oh, and glad you like the title image!

First turn up! @LooseCannon1
    Last edited by Myth; 10-08-2012 at 17:11.

But it can be very hard to prove, while having a "no opening gates/infiltrating when enemy spy is present" and/or % limit can be easily checked.
    You all know what i think, up to the rest to voice

How would the player know the enemy has a spy inside? Is it 100% detection once you infiltrate?

alright i ll go with hre then. if u aint into the moors Myth im okay with them if u rather go with hre now

just forget about the spies i thought of it as a lil extra something like an extra linebacker to have a more bold blitz but whatever just leave them out
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-08-2012 at 20:07.
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

I really think we should have spies, they add a lot of strategy.

If you have a spy in your fort/city then the infiltration chance goes down to near nothing. An expert spy vs a useless defending one still have like 10% chance to infiltrate.
    So you counter spies with spies. The minimal success chance would be to prevent some asshat to reload into a 5-15% chance fort ( now that my friends, is disgusting )

its easy for the admin to check too, simply use toggle_fow and select a spy and hold over whatever needs checking. v low chance = counterspy thus should not be possible to infiltrate. you can also usually see the ? in the agent when you move close and double click. But this way we have an easily regulated fair use of spies, no gray-area

2 spies to open any gates, You cannot open gates if the enemy has a counterspy. (easy to check by moving outside or with other spy, chance extremely low to infiltrate 5-20% = counterspy )
    Last edited by Mithridate; 10-09-2012 at 17:51.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShield View Post
    alright i ll go with hre then. if u aint into the moors Myth im okay with them if u rather go with hre now

just forget about the spies i thought of it as a lil extra something like an extra linebacker to have a more bold blitz but whatever just leave them out
    You can't switch factions now as you would be getting the AI bonuses. Myth would need to pull the save and restart the game. And then notify freakkreik because he's playing Fatamids. I'm the Turks (and I've already sent him a pm about first save.)

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Wow, awesome title image Myth.

@SilverShield, why do you want to switch? You can say in a pm if it is secret. :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

First of all... LOVING the game image!!!! Great work, truly impressed

Secondly, i have no "prefered" spie rules but at the moment I am confused about what is possible...
    I don't understand why it has to be that defined. Can't you just state that it doesn't matter how many spies you have in a city but, as previously suggested, you need a 60% chance to open gates to actually make use of that situation.

Thirdly, still have some work to do but the save will be up by this evening.
    Good luck guys, really looking forward to this game

The 60% is chance to infiltrate, not open gates

if you dont have any rules for spies it can easily be abused, poorly defined rules can be even worse.
    Thus i say best no opening gates when enemy spy is present inside (counterspying) and 2 are needed to open gates (along those lines)

Or no spies, to keep it simple but slightly... less exciting and tactical :P

eu golden horde up??

Porbably to weaken them right?
    CoG2-1-Golden Horde.rar

@Myth

thats pretty obvious if novogorod is human the polish chances just aint that good anymore. i told Myth that im up for hre if novgorod is for real and thats whats up . i told him before this was even on when he sent the pm about what thrid faction was best. u know i sent 2 pms and in the second i told him exactly that. im up for hre if novgorod is human or moors if he aint into them. so thats whats up

or moors if hes more into hre

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Wow, awesome title image Myth.

@SilverShield, why do you want to switch? You can say in a pm if it is secret. :)
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-09-2012 at 20:15.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

OK sorry for the confusion guys, I must have missed it somehow. I'll restart the game. I think it's best that we need 2 spies per city/settlement to open them, and we are limited to one spying attempt per turn. The defending spy thing will work only if there is a 100% chance for you to discover the enemy defending spy once you infiltrate and I'm not sure that's the case.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

thats pretty obvious if novogorod is human the polish chances just aint that good anymore. i told Myth that im up for hre if novgorod is for real and thats whats up . i told him before this was even on when he sent the pm about what thrid faction was best. u know i sent 2 pms and in the second i told him exactly that. im up for hre if novgorod is human or moors if he aint into them. so thats whats up

or moors if hes more into hre
    I think something went wrong because I never received that from from you, and it sounds like maybe myth didn't either. In any case, that makes sense.

As for spies, I would support simply making it so that you have to have at least a 60% chance of success for you to be allowed to assault a city independent of the normal siege weapon rules.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

thats pretty obvious if novogorod is human the polish chances just aint that good anymore.
    We were worried for Novgorod against Poland. We thought you might have a good chance before the Turks could get there in support.

That title image is awesome. hope it's easy to change.

Two spies/one infiltration attempt per turn sound like good rules.
    Last edited by LooseCannon1; 10-10-2012 at 00:31.

To notice a defending spy one only has to check with a different spy (infiltration chance) or move outside and check infiltration chance with the already infiltrated spy (aye, thats a reload) Id much rather have no spies over 1 attempt/turn mainly due to abuse. Hell for admin to check and hell easy to manipulate and even harder to prove, but if you go for it then i shall oblige.

Novgorod vs HRE... will not be fun but what can a man do :P Im much more worried now than i was before, instead of a tight and intense war i shall face waves of Germans a little further into the future xD
    Last edited by Mithridate; 10-10-2012 at 13:38.

OK guys let's make it 2 spies minimum to open doors. Two turns of consecutive infiltration attempts and don't bring a horde of spies so at least one would get in upon realoads. Rules, like contracts, are made for good people (that's a saying in Bulgaria). Let's stay honest and play for fun and victory, but be advised that if you are caught reloading to change agent success chance you will be kicked out of this game and might also be penalized further. So let's all agree to play and have at it!

BTW I checked the HRE starting position - they have so many armies it's scary. Their roster is a bit lackluster at start, but it's nothing bad. The Moorish roster is worse IMO.

man just leave the spies out. i just had the whole thing wrong alright true that i thought it was an easy issue but alright i see it aint and i already see the whole spy thing as a matter of grieving and anger already so really best just them leave them out. i see us better off without them

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

OK guys the updated save is up. First turn for the Fatamids. @LooseCannon1

It's HRE-Fance-Moors vs. Fatamids-Turks-Novgorod

Mongols are up
    @Myth

CoG2-1-Golden Horde.rar

I see youre online @Myth... so bump^^

Online yes, but at work

If you can, just log in, dismiss all the Mongol stacks, gather their FMs in Urgench and move forward with the turns.

What would you do without me? :)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Im simply vital for any operation
    @LooseCannon1 or @freakkriek is up?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mithridate; 10-15-2012 at 14:02.

I PMed Silver because tagging him won't send an e-mail notification and he relies on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I PMed Silver because tagging him won't send an e-mail notification and he relies on those.
    Yes, I've stopped tagging and returned to PMs as I think those work better.

i see that was a interesting turn already i believe cog 2 will be good

moors up
    http://depositfiles.com/files/37sp53cso

yea i do favor pms
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-17-2012 at 23:19.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Sorry for the delay, I was on a business trip. Novgorod up. @Mithridate

The Moors have a very interesting starting position, I agree with that. How are the Fatamids doing?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast