Thread: [Rise of the Samurai] allegiance? How does it work

Default [Rise of the Samurai] allegiance? How does it work

Hello!

I just bought Rise of the Samurai on steam the other day and been playing as Minamoto on hard difficulty. My main reason for creating this thread is becasue iam wondering if its even possible to convert a clan to my allegiance.

Example:
    In my game as Minamoto I have Kakijawara (excuse me for missspelling clan name wrong) in the west that is my vassal. I have converted the region to 100% Minamoto alligance but in the diplomacy menu the clan still have Taira allegiance.

So is it even possible to convert a clan to my alligance or do I have to commit genicide? And how does this allegiance work? For me it just seem random as to what clan is with me. Since all the western Japan is the same alligance with me but I never even met them.

Cheers// Jooble

Default Re: [Rise of the Samurai] allegiance? How does it work

You've converted the province population to your cause, not the clan itself. I've never seen RotS clans change allegiance (they do in FotS). At this point your major diplomatic options are to keep the clan as your vassals, or use a junsatsushi to request the province's allegiance in which case the province then belongs to you directly.

As for which clans are aligned with whom and why, remember that there's plenty of history preceding the Gempei war, including two smaller wars/conflicts in recent times. It's not unrealistic that there are sympathetic clans all over Japan, what's more unrealistic is that you don't know about any clan that isn't on your borders at the beginning of the game.

Default Re: [Rise of the Samurai] allegiance? How does it work

Influence works very much like religion, only the clan itself can't convert.

The clan allegiances are historical, basically Japanese samurai clans all descended from the Minamoto, Taira and Fujiwara with some outliers descended from older families which are not reperesented.